GDT: Game 17 | Detroit @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Only person who showed up was Boone Jenner. Team looked super young and just lost out there. Very sad.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
We have a bad transition from defense to offense. It's sad, but only Gudbranson could pass normally.
I really liked the Foudy-Johnson pairing, especially Liam. Unfortunately, the center was Gaunce.
Johnny should pass more.
Overall... no comment.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Tonight took me back to the nights of the Jackets being dominated by the Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Zetterburg Wings
To be fair, that doesn't feel that long ago to me. I feel like growing up most of my CBJ memories involve the Wings :laugh:

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
1st period was ok, after that one it looked like it was gonna be a game. On my "was it worth it to stay up until the wee hours for this one" scale it didn't end up rating very high... oh well.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
The big difference between Wings and CBJ PP is they did what you’re supposed to do - score!
Hello Blue Jackets fans I come in Peace. Why haven't the Blue Jackets brought up KMarchenko? Not that he's going fix all that ails the team. At this rate its going to be AFantilli to Columbus in 2023 or maybe Michkov. And quite possibly Bedard! Kekalainen and Larson have to be shaking in their collective boots as the noose tightens. Wonder if Gaudreau is having second thoughts now. Jeez the Columbus team could really be good maybe great when they get all their injured players back. Could never figure out the Atkinson for Voracek trade. Voracek was on the downside while Atkinson was still good,was he injury prone too? Anyways hope the BlueJackets find their way out of their funk. Maybe they make a trade for a D-man or two. Good Luck

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Lars probably wants Kent to gradually get used to NHL, he doesn't want to rush his development. O.K.but still on the wing? Same with Foudy, why not try him at center? They can play less and get used to it. Or move Kent to AHL to play center there. I think we have enough wingers.
Johnson will get killed in the AHL its a "Garage" League! Personally I thought Johnson should have stayed at Michigan for another year to get stronger. Hope he doesn't go by the wayside of former 1st rounders that didn't cut it. Playing Wing has less responsibilities than Centre

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Could never figure out the Atkinson for Voracek trade. Voracek was on the downside while Atkinson was still good,was he injury prone too?
Tbh I'd still make that trade (in 2021 for the team we had, not sure about right now but it'd be a close call if that). Atkinson hasn't played a game this year afaik.

Not unhappy I skipped the 3rd, doesn't seem like anything good happened.

At least we get to play again tonight.

Reactions: ColumbusTrill

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Johnson will get killed in the AHL its a "Garage" League! Personally I thought Johnson should have stayed at Michigan for another year to get stronger. Hope he doesn't go by the wayside of former 1st rounders that didn't cut it. Playing Wing has less responsibilities than Centre
He's already outgrown the NCAA. It's pretty complicated. He could play center in the AHL. He's playing well in NHL, he's getting used to the wing, but... he lacks strength. That's probably why he's not playing more.

Marchenko is injured.

To Voráček. We had too much snipers. Laine, Bjorkstrand, it was expected that Chinakhov would come. That's why Atkinson has been traded. I think it was right solution.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Hello Blue Jackets fans I come in Peace. Why haven't the Blue Jackets brought up KMarchenko? Not that he's going fix all that ails the team. At this rate its going to be AFantilli to Columbus in 2023 or maybe Michkov. And quite possibly Bedard! Kekalainen and Larson have to be shaking in their collective boots as the noose tightens. Wonder if Gaudreau is having second thoughts now. Jeez the Columbus team could really be good maybe great when they get all their injured players back. Could never figure out the Atkinson for Voracek trade. Voracek was on the downside while Atkinson was still good,was he injury prone too? Anyways hope the BlueJackets find their way out of their funk. Maybe they make a trade for a D-man or two. Good Luck
D - Werenski, Bean, Boqvist, Blankenburg
F - Laine, Danforth, Voráček
What do you want if all our puck moving d-men and the 2nd best player are injured?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not that he's going fix all that ails the team. At this rate its going to be AFantilli to Columbus in 2023 or maybe Michkov. And quite possibly Bedard! Kekalainen and Larson have to be shaking in their collective boots as the noose tightens. Wonder if Gaudreau is having second thoughts now.

Why does everyone just assume Gaudreau is some fickle flunky looking for easy wins? Respect that the man has some character.

This honestly pisses me off.

Jeez the Columbus team could really be good maybe great when they get all their injured players back. Could never figure out the Atkinson for Voracek trade. Voracek was on the downside while Atkinson was still good,was he injury prone too? Anyways hope the BlueJackets find their way out of their funk. Maybe they make a trade for a D-man or two. Good Luck

Atkinson was one of 4 RW snipers we had, it felt very redundant. And his contract had way too many years left, more than Jake's. Jarmo ended up trading Bjorkstrand also and Laine and Bemstrom are often injured so it certainly doesn't feel like Atkinson would be redundant with the current group. Made sense at the time to get a playmaker (Last year Jake nearly set the Jackets franchise assist record) and to get a shorter contract.

KJ is already terrific. Per minute he's one of our top scorers. Looks very natural at center, he has no problem with responsibility, he just needs to get stronger. No doubt that he can cut it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00