GDT: Game #16 Kraken host Hawks 7pm PT

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
So .. lets say we have 10 wins through half of this season. Any chance at all that GMRF fires Hakstol. I still think its very unlikely that happens but is there a point at which GMRF just goes, enough is enough?

Again, there's no way he's firing his choice of a coach during the first season.

Though, if challenging the Coyotes for last place in the league isn't the goal then he needs to make a change with a trade or two.
Especially since neither the players nor the coaching staff seem to be able to find a solution for our current troubles.

Chicago's D makes a hell of a lot of mistakes, too. The difference tonight is Fleury gobbles those mistakes up without allowing goals. We need our goalies to do that, too, way, way more often than they do.

I think a confident Grubauer saves one of those two but then we'd still be down a goal.

Also, as good as Fleury's saves have been, you can clearly see the difference of a shooter like Debrincat and Gourde.
Debrincat shoots it directly while Gourde stopped it and gave Fleury a chance to recover.
Can't do that if you want to score in this league.

BTW: Is Blackwell trying to apply for a job with the Blackhawks or why is he handing them the puck in our zone all game?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
But not two months into their first season.
Right. My checkpoint is game 41, midway through the season. That's not till after the new year. Say we are 10-29-2 (22 points) midway through the season. Do you consider firing the coach?

FYI. As someone who is more interested in getting a top draft pick next season than being a bubble team, I prefer to keep Hakstol on anyway because a replacement coach may help the team win more games and drop our pick past the top-10.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Again, there's no way he's firing his choice of a coach during the first season.

Though, if challenging the Coyotes for last place in the league isn't the goal then he needs to make a change with a trade or two.
Especially since neither the players nor the coaching staff seem to be able to find a solution for our current troubles.

I think a confident Grubauer saves one of those two but then we'd still be down a goal.

Also, as good as Fleury's saves have been, you can clearly see the difference of a shooter like Debrincat and Gourde.
Debrincat shoots it directly while Gourde stopped it and gave Fleury a chance to recover.
Can't do that if you want to score in this league.

BTW: Is Blackwell trying to apply for a job with the Blackhawks or why is he handing them the puck in our zone all game?
Do you truly think that helps though? I am curious behind your reasoning though? What kind of trade are you thinking off that could help the team?

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Right. My checkpoint is game 41, midway through the season. That's not till after the new year. Say we are 10-29-2 (22 points) midway through the season. Do you consider firing the coach?

FYI. As someone who is more interested in getting a top draft pick next season than being a bubble team, I prefer to keep Hakstol on anyway because a replacement coach may help the team win more games and drop our pick past the top-10.

Like been said before, I actually think Francis can't.
He'd look pretty bad doing so after making him the coach in the first place.

Though, I think Francis has been shown that he needs to make a change given that neither the players nor the coaches seem to be able to turn it around.

Do you truly think that helps though? I am curious behind your reasoning though? What kind of trade are you thinking off that could help the team?

1) Offlaod one of those extra defenders.

2) Mabe trade a guy like Blackwell or Jarnkrok to bring in another player that might add something different.
So maybe a more physical forward given that ours are always just thrown around, can't screen in front of goal and also don't seem to be any good at tipping a puck.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Like been said before, I actually think Francis can't.
He'd look pretty bad doing so after making him the coach in the first place.

Though, I think Francis has been shown that he needs to make a change given that neither the players nor the coaches seem to be able to turn it around.

1) Offlaod one of those extra defenders.

2) Mabe trade a guy like Blackwell or Jarnkrok to bring in another player that might add something different.
So maybe a more physical forward given that ours are always just thrown around, can't screen in front of goal and also don't seem to be any good at tipping a puck.
I don't think (1) returns anything that helps us right away. (2) could return something that goes on the roster but I don't expect it to be someone who could make an impact.

Logically:
- We trade Gio at the TDL.
- We wait till off-season for any coaching changes.
- See how Hakstol does early next season to determine his future.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I don't think (1) returns anything that helps us right away. (2) could return something that goes on the roster but I don't expect it to be someone who could make an impact.

Logically:
- We trade Gio at the TDL.
- We wait till off-season for any coaching changes.
- See how Hakstol does early next season to determine his future.

Like I've said, "if the goal isn't to compete with Arizona for last place".

I think this current run of games is showing everyone that this team, as currently constructed, needs quite some work and the current losing streak might have Francis doing something earlier.

But yeah, trades are probably coming later while Francis can field offers for guys like Giordano, Jarnkrok and others that don't fit the longterm plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad