GDT: Game #16 Kraken host Hawks 7pm PT

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Good ending, but too deep a hole to dig out of in six minutes.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Even without Mackinnon they can overpower plenty of teams on a good night. They're where I see this team in about five years, frankly.

Yeah.

Next five games are:
vs Colorado
vs Washington
vs Carolina
@ Tampa Bay
@ Florida

Unless those teams don't take us seriously and play their third string goalies this probably gets even worse until the end of this month.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
3 min shift for dunn ?
Riding him like a rented mule.

That last stretch is interesting in another way. The 6 on 5 was mostly Dunn, Wennberg, Schwartz, Eberle, Johansson, and McCann.

That group came off ever so briefly (40 seconds) for Dunn (never left), Gourde, Jarnkrok, Tanev, Giordano, and Donato and it was that group that scored the goal.

Then the original group came back and Eberle, who seemed gassed, decided rather than skate the puck down low, he'd flip a no-look backhand pass into the middle where there were only Blackhawks waiting and ready to try the EN shot. (Behind him others were jumping off to avoid the minus and give it to teammates. :sarcasm:)

Last edited:
Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
They would have given up like 3 sharts on goal for the whole game! That would have been nuts. They would have lost 2-1 still, but it would have been nuts.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Florida, with a healthy Barkov, is certainly worth the price of admission, and even without Nate, Colorado plays an entertaining style. Landeskog is a friggin' beast. But no, I won't be watching with realistic belief of the Kraken prevailing.
All of these teams are good, but no point in watching them beat up on this poorly coached team. I'd rather watch Florida and the Caps play each other, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad