GDT: GAME 16: FLAMES @ HABS | Flame-broiled imbroglio | Tues., Nov. 14th, 2023, 7PM -- TSN2, SnW, RDS, TSN690, 98.5FM

Would you trade Gally and Donkey for Huberdeau?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs coming off a 5-2 loss to the Canucks on Sunday in a game where the score did not exactly tell the tale.

Good effort by the team, considering they were on the 2nd leg of a B2B.

Putting a nice balm on the past weekend is how they beat their hated rival (and their expletively-inspired fanbase), the Booins -- which was not too bad of a weekend all things considered.

Taking a peek into the future, what's in store for this team?

According to AI, the Habs could end up looking like this:

MHcijEf.jpg

Their opposition tonight, could have this look:

ZDhMU1f.jpg

And these players and uniforms might be involved ...

zXFi3E6.png

Who the hell are these stand-ins, anyway?

The Flames in town also means that their circus implicating Jonathan Huberdeau will be front and center as a low hanging fruit imbroglio to be gobbled up by local media.

xjDO2w0.gif

One doesn't need to search too far to know what the issue is.

You can get a fat cat out of Florida but you can't ...

ftlkAJc.gif

Of course, it didn't take long for local fans, social media and click bait sites to cobble up trade scenarios involving the guy who had to sell his 4 Ferraris for a utility vehicle.

Like this one ...

2YWLmsS.gif

Would you do this? Let's find out by taking this thread’s poll.

As far as tonight's game is concerned, MSL has announced that Monty will get the start and that Jesse Ylönen and Gustav Lindström draw in while Pezz and Harris will be eating hotdogs.

Of note, the Habs PP has continued to get better, with a 23% success ratio so far, good enough for the top 10th spot in the league. They've scored a PP goal in 11 of their last 12 games.

The problem has been how the Habs have drawn the second most penalties in the league, which have led to most of Marty's epic face-palming moments.

That ought to make for a great holiday ornament, come to think of it.

R02yZt5.gif

Finally, the Habs will honor their 25th captain Pierre Turgeon tonight, further to his induction in the NHL HOF. Congrats to him.

LINEUPS

Flames:

Adam Ruzicka - Elias Lindholm - Andrew Mangiapane

Connor Zary - Nazem Kadri - Martin Pospisil

Jonathan Huberdeau - Mikael Backlund - Blake Coleman

A.J. Greer - Yegor Sharangovich - Dillon Dube

MacKenzie Weegar - Rasmus Andersson

Noah Hanifin - Chris Tanev

Nikita Zadorov - Nick DeSimone

Jacob Markstrom

aRcEwLg.gif

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs coming off a 5-2 loss to the Canucks on Sunday in a game where the score did not exactly tell the tale.

Good effort by the team, considering they were on the 2nd leg of a B2B.

Putting a nice balm on the past weekend is how they beat their hated rival (and their expletively-inspired fanbase), the Booins -- which was not too bad of a weekend all things considered.

Taking a peek into the future, what's in store for this team?

According to AI, the Habs could end up looking like this:

MHcijEf.jpg

Their opposition tonight, could have this look:

ZDhMU1f.jpg

And these players and uniforms might be involved ...

zXFi3E6.png

Who the hell are these stand-ins, anyway?

The Flames in town also means that their circus involving Jonathan Huberdeau will be front and center as a low hanging fruit imbroglio to be gobbled up by local media.

One doesn't need to search too far to know what the issue is.

You can get a fat cat out of Florida but you can't ...

ftlkAJc.gif

Of course, it didn't take long for local fans, social media and click bait sites to cobble up trade scenarios involving the guy who had to sell his 4 Ferraris for a utility vehicle.

Like this one ...

2YWLmsS.gif

Would you do this? Let's find out with a poll.

As far as tonight's game is concerned, MSL has announced that Monty will get the start and that Jesse Ylönen and Gustav Lindström draw in while Pezz an Harris will be eating hotdogs.

Of note, the Habs PP has continued to get better, with a 23% success ratio so far, placing them the top 10 in the league. They've scored a PP goal in 11 of their last 12 games.

The problem has been how the Habs have drawn the second most penalties in the league, which have led to most of Marty's epic face-palming moments.

That ought to make for a great holiday ornament, come to think of it.

R02yZt5.gif

Finally, the Habs will honor their 25th captain Pierre Turgeon tonight, further to his induction in the NHL HOF. Congrats to him.

LINEUPS TBA

aRcEwLg.gif
"Jingle all the waze"....damn dude you have some serious imagination!

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Acquiring Huberdeau, even for all of our worst cap dump would kill our rebuild.

His contract run till one year after Suzuki ones end.

He would handicap our cap for ~15% and he is a declining assets. He is not going back to 118 points. He is trending downhill.

Reactions: Redux91

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Acquiring Huberdeau, even for all of our worst cap dump would kill our rebuild.

His contract run till one year after Suzuki ones end.

He would handicap our cap for ~15% and he is a declining assets. He is not going back to 118 points. He is trending downhill.
Doesn't matter really because there are many ways... to skin a fat cat. :naughty:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Runner77 and Jaynki

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Great job and thanks @Runner77.

First Habs game in my new place after a very disjointed last week that included moving, so I am looking forward to putting my feet up and watching the Habs tonight.
Congrats on your new digs! Will there be a man cave? An 85 inch TV? A bidet?

@dinodebino is particularly interested in the last item, as you no doubt suspect. :naughty:

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

@dinodebino is particularly interested in the last item, as you no doubt suspect. :naughty:
The whole place is a cave being dwelled in by a man, so I guess so. And now I feel inadequate telling you I only have 75 inches.

Normal toilets, nothing to rest and recline on per Dinobideto’s overtime preference.

Thanks for your enquiry. I downsized and am pretty happy with it all. Simplify kids, you won’t regret it.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Interested in selling him a Dinodebidet

I miss... Joel Otto & Rick Wamsley

Goooo habs, make them pay for '89

I hated Lanny's overgrown stach.

I've hated mustaches since then

Thanks again @Runner77. I picture you and @expy in one building with 2 offices, with a GDT sign over one door and PGT over the next lol. The office hours say "always open because we never sleep" lol. Cheers!

Do you do this on purpose? Mentioning sleep? We're all trying to tone it down, but you aren't making it easy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad