GDT: [Game #16] Dallas Stars vs. Colorado Avalanche – 7:00 PM CT (BSSWX)

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I was thinking that earlier when I asked if he was playing. Game against rival, against a player you basically need to beat out to win that Norris you want, and you're nowhere to be seen.

Miro is what he is; just a dependable, basic ass #1D. The only reason it sucks is because we literally could've used the highest pick we've had in decades, to pick up someone who has gamebreaking talent.

If Miro ever wins a Norris it'll only be because other defensmen were injured.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Robertson has been the worst player on the ice for either team by a mile. He needs to be benched.
i think i advocated for letting him work through it the last time it was brought up, but maybe it would lend a little weight to things to Bench him at this point

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Next games are vs the Rangers and Golden Knights. Gonna be a really rough week

Perfect example of what happens when you get wayyy too casual with a big lead

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
well f*** this game. Robertson and Miro have been garbage pretty much all season long. Not gonna win a cup if these clowns continue to play this way.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I was thinking that earlier when I asked if he was playing. Game against rival, against a player you basically need to beat out to win that Norris you want, and you're nowhere to be seen.
Some of this frustration with him I blame on the Stars. They continually hype Miro up and talk about how he’s a Norris contender (he’s not and never has been) and equate him to Luka (which isn’t fair because these are different sports and because Luka is a league MVP candidate). The Stars hype machine raises expectations way to high for a guy who simply doesn’t have the offensive ability or drive to be who they say he is.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
That's so disappointing. Especially letting Nichushkin and Cogliano score and say Fu*k you.

Starting to think Dallas isn't good enough against quality teams.

Boston, Toronto, Vegas, Colorado...all losses

Reactions: Blindsummit

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
What I want to knwo is what happened to Miro's smooth defending, great stick, and great reads. He's getting beat to the puck/net constantly these days.

Wonder if all the focus on "hey shoot more be more offensive" has coached out his natural instincts. He looked better year 1 than this year.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
well f*** this game. Robertson and Miro have been garbage pretty much all season long. Not gonna win a cup if these clowns continue to play this way.
im not sure id say hes been garbage
a bit hyperbolic

but this wasn't a good game by anyone other than maybe seguin for portions?

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Did I hear that we were outshooting them 14-5.. and the shots finished 38-28.. so they kept playing and produced 33 shots while we stopped playing and had 14.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I hope this is a situation where Robertson sucks during regular season and goes off during playoffs. If not, he’s not a player I’m interested in extending passed his bridge deal. He’s such low impact player anywhere outside the offensive zone and for what he’ll be asking on that next deal I feel like the money could be spent better elsewhere.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Did I miss a Craig Smith injury? Only guy under 12 minutes tonight. 4+ minutes under Faksa

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I do not ever want to see that f***ing awful 5-on-3 PP unit again

Reactions: piqued

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Did I miss a Craig Smith injury? Only guy under 12 minutes tonight. 4+ minutes under Faksa

Smith had no PK time, but yea he's still a couple minutes short of Faksa and Steel which is odd

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
That was one of the worst games ever from the Suter-Miro pair. Possibly Miro's worst game of his entire career but I'd have to do more research.

I'm not going to make any sweeping statements other than to say that pair is not a viable solution against real opponents that will be in the playoffs.

Again, we seem to forget that the Stars are forcing Miro onto his offside to accommodate the entire roster around Ryan Suter.

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That was one of the worst games ever from the Suter-Miro pair. Possibly Miro's worst game of his entire career but I'd have to do more research.

I'm not going to make any sweeping statements other than to say that pair is not a viable solution against real opponents that will be in the playoffs.

Again, we seem to forget that the Stars are forcing Miro onto his offside to accommodate the entire roster around Ryan Suter.

This has been and remains my biggest f***ing gripe with Suter. He throws off the entire defensive unit with his refusal to modify his game whatsoever. He provides no offense, he is the dirtiest player on the team, he is too slow to keep up, and his defensive coverage is abysmal.

I'm sure I am getting annoying with beating this drum so often and loudly, but I don't understand how anyone (especially DeBoer and Nill) could watch what Suter did in the WCF last year and conclude that his role shouldn't be diminshed at all. He's just gonna do it again given the chance.

And by all accounts, he's a shit personality to have around the team too.

If we want an actual roster shake-up, it should start and likely end with Suter being scratched.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yep the regular season against also-ran teams lulls them into a false sense of security.

"Suter hasn't been that bad" "The pair works fine" etc etc

Then the playoffs are going to hit like a ton of bricks. I wouldn't go as far to say that Suter can't be a part of that, he can, but as the 3rd pairing LHD and that only.

He was also bad against Vegas and Vancouver, the other real teams.

I know what PDB is doing with Harley trying to break him in on the top pair and having him split time with different partners. But I have a hard time believing he won't go back to what's "safe" when things get tough. Hell we've already seen the damn Lindell-Hakanpaa pair reappear this season when he wants more defense.

But we're back to the same problem in that you can't construct a defense with Miro on his strong side and all of Harley/Lindell/Suter playing.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2