GDT: Game 16: Coyotes @ St. Louis Blues - 6:00pm - BSAZ, 98.7FM

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He makes plays all over the ice, his vision is stellar. What he needs is linemates to step up.
When you don't have speed, you need good linemates to make up that lack. It seems to me that Hayton would make a great 2nd line center and a good 1st line center, given a fast wing and a brute force wing. Hayton can distribute the puck to them where they are best able to score. In his own zone, he can hold his own against 1C competition IMO.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I hope everybody is enjoying Dave Tippett hockey, locking down games and playing to win 2-1 and leaning, and I mean leaning, on the goalie.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Best game I've seen from Cappo by far. Wished Jenik had more time or was put on a better line but he looked strong out there. Hope this changes Hayton's trajectory for good. I hope he feels more confident and knows he can power through NHL players.
Would like to see Hayton get cocky and try stuff. This team already makes fifteen egregious blunders per game. What’s one or two more if it means Hayton gets going?

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Would like to see Hayton get cocky and try stuff. This team already makes fifteen egregious blunders per game. What’s one or two more if it means Hayton gets going?
Was surprised early in the game when Cappo made a mildly cocky move while skating with the puck through center ice....if he can Hayton sure can.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Was just watching a highlight video of the game. St. Lou play-by-play guy kept calling Capobianco "Copabianco." Wonder if he's a Barry Manilow fan lol.

That's the great Dan Kelly's son, and he even sounds like his father. I love listening to him call games, even if he is a Barry fan. And thanks for putting that song in my head.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Best game I've seen from Cappo by far. Wished Jenik had more time or was put on a better line but he looked strong out there. Hope this changes Hayton's trajectory for good. I hope he feels more confident and knows he can power through NHL players.
I with you. He looked totally different. Very calm with the puck and many good passes. Much better than Mayo or Dineen.

Reactions: RemoAZ

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
A few things that has come to my mind since last night:

Wedgewood: he made the saves he had to make, and played very well but not an highlight after highlight type game. Only because the Blues offense really did not have a very good night if I am honest.

But it is clear that his NHL experience (and the low number of rebounds) will be of great help to the team for now.

Chychrun: I have not had the "chance" to watch many games this year but I was very reassured by what I saw of him vs what the stats say about his season so far. Trending in a more last season's direction, fingers crossed.

Capo: A lot smoother and composed that I was anticipating on both sides of the puck. The goal of course, but a couple of minutes later he effortlessly sliced up the Blues from his own zone and created a decent chance for himself, batting the puck towards the net. Curious to see what's next for him, really hope he has a run of games with full health.

Ghost: Creativity. An offensive solution finding Dman. Very valuable.

Bush: He really is struggling with the more fluid, transitional game that Tourigny is trying to implement (trying, I repeat, this is a VERY rough sketch at the moment) and he got burnt a few times costing the team. But this is to be expected, this is probably the least natural facet of Bush's game (I am being polite considering that he would probably - at best - be a third pairing dman in most teams) so not surprising that he is finding it tough. Can he adjust? That will be his goal this year.

On a much more positive side, he clears a TON of crap around the Coyotes net, so his role is quite essential in this weak roster. It really is.

Hayton: a very good game, beyond the two goals. Growing finally.

Jenik: I am really surprised to discover that he only played 5+ minutes. I seemed to see him a lot more watching the game, perhaps it is because I was paying particular attention or perhaps he did quite well and was a bit noticeable. Hard to say.

All I know is that his line had an excellent physical, chasing down shift in the third that really helped the team at the time.

This shift was followed by another good shift, by the old Canucks vets and I have to say that their line was relatively useful last night. Nothing flashy, but a committed line with players knowing their role.

Keller: Not really sure what is going on with his shot/finishing, it is a bit weird. Effort is definitely there, little moments here and there, still vastly insufficient but I want to believe things will get better for him as the season progresses. I left the game feeling positive about him, that's worth nothing of course.

Gally: definitely has his place in this team, worked harder than I remembered. Let's see if he can eventually produce something offensively.

Kessel: Made sure all of his streak and slumps stay intact. Now that his whisperer is gone, perhaps time to try Beethoven Symphony number 9, the Ludivico technique and see what happens.

Finally...

Garland: Invisible.

I missed the little trolling Jedi.

Last edited:

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
Wedgewood, Kessel, Gostisbehere, Beagle.... these guys are showing what it takes. Not the answer but I do think they are helping to show what it takes to be successful in the NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad