GDT: Game 15: St. Louis Blues @ San Jose Sharks 9:30PM BSMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
F544B2EA-7354-490B-BB55-CA3AC2E29C7C.jpeg

Good evening Ladies and Gentleman, your St. Louis Blues are about to go against the San Jose Sharks. The smell of trap game is strong in the air (or is that just fish? idk, anyways) The Blues will be lead by Their top scorer Robert Thomas who has 16 points in 14 games with a +8 and Justin Faulk who has 6 points with a +12. Binnington will probably be in the net, he is rocking a .930 Save% and a 2.27 GAA, if Hofer starts he has a .918 Save% and a 2.5 GAA. On the San Jose side unsurprisingly Hertl is leading the team with 11 points in 16 games, Calen Addison is leading the Sharks D with 5 points, but, all 5 points were scored while he was with the Wild, so the next up is Mario Ferraro with 2 points. They are backstopped by Blackwood who has a .898 Save% (Which is actually higher than I expected with how terrible their team is) and a 4.02 GAA.

:blues:blues:blues

Pavel Buchnevich -- Robert Thomas -- Kasperi Kapanen
Brandon Saad -- Brayden Schenn -- Jordan Kyrou
Alexey Toropchenko -- Kevin Hayes -- Jakub Vrana
Sammy Blais -- Oskar Sundqvist -- Jake Neighbours

Nick Leddy -- Colton Parayko
Torey Krug -- Justin Faulk
Marco Scandella -- Scott Perunovich

Joel Hofer
Jordan Binnington

Scratched: Robert Bortuzzo, Tyler Tucker, Nikita Alexandrov
Injured: None

:sharks:sharks:sharks

William Eklund -- Tomas Hertl -- Fabian Zetterlund
Anthony Duclair -- Mikael Granlund -- Luke Kunin
Filip Zadina -- Nico Sturm -- Mike Hoffman
Danil Gushchin -- Ryan Carpenter -- Givani Smith

Mario Ferraro -- Ty Emberson
Nikita Okhotiuk -- Kyle Burroughs
Calen Addison -- Jan Rutta

Kaapo Kahkonen
Mackenzie Blackwood

Scratched: Kevin Labanc, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Nikolai Knyzhov, Jacob MacDonald
Injured: Logan Couture (lower body), Alexander Barabanov (broken finger), Matt Benning (undisclosed)

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
believe it or not, this is a big game. they cant take the sharks easy.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
F544B2EA-7354-490B-BB55-CA3AC2E29C7C.jpeg

Good evening Ladies and Gentleman, your St. Louis Blues are about to go against the San Jose Sharks. The smell of trap game is strong in the air (or is that just fish? idk, anyways) The Blues will be lead by Their top scorer Robert Thomas who has 16 points in 14 games with a +8 and Justin Faulk who has 6 points with a +12. Binnington will probably be in the net, he is rocking a .930 Save% and a 2.27 GAA, if Hofer starts he has a .918 Save% and a 2.5 GAA. On the San Jose side unsurprisingly Hertl is leading the team with 11 points in 16 games, Calen Addison is leading the Sharks D with 5 points, but, all 5 points were scored while he was with the Wild, so the next up is Mario Ferraro with 2 points. They are backstopped by Blackwood who has a .898 Save% (Which is actually higher than I expected with how terrible their team is) and a 4.02 GAA.

Lines will be added when available.

Blackwood is actually positive in goal saved above expected despite this stat line which is incredible

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Hofer should be in net tonight. He has played well and the Sharks are clearly the worst team in the league. We are on the road, so you don't have to be worried about a Blues fan missing out on seeing their favorite guy play. Prime opportunity to keep Binner as fresh as possible.

I absolutely want to see Binner at 100% on Saturday against the Kings, so why make that his 3rd game in 5 days (in his 3rd city) when you can play Hofer tonight against the Sharks?

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
Agree. I’d run hofer tonight and binner against LA. Let’s get 2 points tonight. Go blues.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
i would expect hofer to start tonight and sunday so binnington can take on LA saturday

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I think the Sharks make it interesting. I hope the Blues come out swinging. We're not good enough to take anything for granted.

Reactions: mk80

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
If the powerplay can't score on the sharks, they need to fire the special teams coach.

Wtf is with the pp this year. It's worse than ever. Positive regression coming?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Hofer should be in net tonight. He has played well and the Sharks are clearly the worst team in the league. We are on the road, so you don't have to be worried about a Blues fan missing out on seeing their favorite guy play. Prime opportunity to keep Binner as fresh as possible.

I absolutely want to see Binner at 100% on Saturday against the Kings, so why make that his 3rd game in 5 days (in his 3rd city) when you can play Hofer tonight against the Sharks?
Nobody should ever be worried about that in the first place. Do what’s right for the team, who cares what a dumb fan wants.

ChicagoIsBedarded

Aug 22, 2022
Pretty bummed Tucker had been moved into that 7th dman position. Definitely hasn't looked like he deserves the ice time right now. Maybe a few games in the press box will help get his head right.

We're on a heater with 2 big wins. This is a big road trip. Coming back with 6-8 points would be HUGE. Starting with a loss to the sharts could really screw the pooch.

Definitely won't get to watch this one. But if the babies wake up early, maybe I'll catch the tail end.

Reactions: BlueOil

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Pretty bummed Tucker had been moved into that 7th dman position. Definitely hasn't looked like he deserves the ice time right now. Maybe a few games in the press box will help get his head right.

We're on a heater with 2 big wins. This is a big road trip. Coming back with 6-8 points would be HUGE. Starting with a loss to the sharts could really screw the pooch.

Definitely won't get to watch this one. But if the babies wake up early, maybe I'll catch the tail end.
"sharts"

Is this shorthand for underwear skid marks?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Sharks are averaging 1.31 GF/G and 4.44 GA/G, both worst in the league. That’s just got the be horribly boring to watch. At least last year the Blues scored some goals to make it entertaining when they lost.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Probably the team that relies on dumb fans giving them money.
If the team is making decisions based on who a fan wants to see, they may not be employed by that team for long because that’s a dumb strategy.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Not all decisions matter. Like who starts in goal tonight.
But this is a perfect opportunity to play Hofer and keep building his confidence against a weak team. Has nothing to do with it being on the road.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
9:30 game, yeah, I’ll make about a half of the 1st period. Hate these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad