NFMz7Mp.jpg

xZoa4p1.jpg
DUQpqjo.jpg

vpPTkw0.jpg
UmKX4IA.jpg

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
It seems like we frequently come up lame vs Vancouver. After such a deflating game for the team and fans vs the Leafs, I'm hoping we come out firing on all cylinders.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
I'm expecting a high octane, hard fought game. Hopefully Chiasson will be good to go, and we can somehow contain and limit the Sedin's.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Why is the GDT first page cut off on each side so that all info is not being shown?

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Oh where, oh where could Zack Smith be? Oh where oh where could he be!

Seriously though...Smith has been so frustrating this year. When he's on his game being a pest, throwing the body, and chipping in a bit on offense hes a great bottom six player...unfortunately Smith has the Greening effect of only being effective 1 out of 10 games. He hasnt shown up yet this year.

Hes 26 now and its put up or shut up time.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Oh where, oh where could Zack Smith be? Oh where oh where could he be!

Seriously though...Smith has been so frustrating this year. When he's on his game being a pest, throwing the body, and chipping in a bit on offense hes a great bottom six player...unfortunately Smith has the Greening effect of only being effective 1 out of 10 games. He hasnt shown up yet this year.

Hes 26 now and its put up or shut up time.

Smith is constantly anchored down by terrible players. Whenever he plays with somewhat decent players he looks awesome. The Michalek-Smith-Lazar line that we had for a game or two was great. Now he's forced to play out of his position with Neil and Legwand. I really wish he could get a streak of games with good players to see what he could really do.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Smith is constantly anchored down by terrible players. Whenever he plays with somewhat decent players he looks awesome. The Michalek-Smith-Lazar line that we had for a game or two was great. Now he's forced to play out of his position with Neil and Legwand. I really wish he could get a streak of games with good players to see what he could really do.

Why can't we get rid of the terrible players?

Can't we have 12 forwards who don't have the play die on their stick so we never have to hear the linemate excuse again?

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Why can't we get rid of the terrible players?

Can't we have 12 forwards who don't have the play die on their stick so we never have to hear the linemate excuse again?

Because we're too loyal. We could ice a way better lineup without trading or signing anyone, but it would require making a tough decision that no one is going to make (not that I blame them).

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Because we're too loyal. We could ice a way better lineup without trading or signing anyone, but it would require making a tough decision that no one is going to make (not that I blame them).

That's what I'm getting at. It needs to stop.

We didnt keep guys like cunneyworth longer then we had to because we had better young talent coming through. Imagine we said "sorry hossa, you'll play in grand rapids because we wanna sign cunneyworth to another 2 yr 6 million"

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
That's what I'm getting at. It needs to stop.

We didnt keep guys like cunneyworth longer then we had to because we had better young talent coming through. Imagine we said "sorry hossa, you'll play in grand rapids because we wanna sign cunneyworth to another 2 yr 6 million"

Yep. I completely understand riding out the last two seasons of Neil's contract out of loyalty, but there is absolutely no way we can extend him. Hopefully Neil (and to a lesser extent Phillips) will be a lesson to management that players like them can't survive in the new nhl. Players over 35 really shouldn't be signed to contracts longer than one year.

Oct 31, 2011
Ottawa
I've rarely had problems with Smiths contributions to this team. As mentioned by others, if he had the opportunity to play with at minimum someone of equal offensive talents and play making capability on a regular basis we would see more from him. He's already a tough offensive presence and he can definitely move the puck well.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We are awful against the Canucks and have been for about as long as I can remember. Not expecting much from this game

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yep. I completely understand riding out the last two seasons of Neil's contract out of loyalty, but there is absolutely no way we can extend him. Hopefully Neil (and to a lesser extent Phillips) will be a lesson to management that players like them can't survive in the new nhl. Players over 35 really shouldn't be signed to contracts longer than one year.

Our four oldest players are:
Phillips born March 1978 - 36 (1 year left after this season)
Neil born June 1979 - 35 (1 year left after this season)
Legwand born August 1980 -34 (1 year left after this season)
Anderson born May 1981 - 33 (3 years left after this season)

I hope the first three retire or leave after next season and not signed again.

Anderson is still our best goaltender and I am glad he is signed for another 3 seasons.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Hahaha, funny posters.

I don't think some people understand that the NHL is BUILT on loyalty. Sports entertainment RELIES on loyalty. Loyalty is a wonderful trait that should be CELEBRATED when it is witnessed. LOYALTY is what keeps teams together, I LOVE seeing the organization show loyalty to our longtime players. It warms my heart.

Aaaaand then there are the usual suspects around here wanting to cash in loyalty for a CHANCE with a twenty something...

Keep gnashing those teeth, gives the dentist something to work with.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Really hope they come out and put in a solid effort. That last game was so deflating, it would be nice to see them come out of Vancouver with a win.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Awesome and smith dont fit in the same sentence
Decent is the right word

The same logic could be apply to 9mm but unfortunately he plays with chiasson

So we know now he just sucks

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Personally I love 10PM starts sit back at home, all quiet in the middle of the night relaxing after a long day with just you and hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad