GDT: Game 15: Phoenix Coyotes @ San Jose Sharks | 11-2-13 | 7:30PM Arizona Time

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We kept up with them but, damn, they simply don't have a weakness. When Pavelski is their THIRD line center it shows you how ridiculously deep they are. Not only do they have the talent but they are playing hard. The comparison to the Wings of the late 90s is pretty accurate. But then again, this is San Jose. They have never had a shortage of talent, it is the drive come April where they fall down. We are the opposite, never have the most talented team, but always superior effort. I guess we will see who wins in the end. Just glad we can compete

I was very impressed with the sharks overall game. There zone exits are really solid. it seemed like we could not pin them in their own zone as much as we could other teams. We were forechecking, they were just good exiting their own zonw, crisp passes, players in the right spot. The difference in the game was goal tending. Smith made more great saves then Niemi, but it was the soft goal by Boedker that cost them. Smith being better then Niemi, just a little, can be the difference maker, even though, as a team they are better then us. I can see why Niemi's stats are so good with that team in front of him. He is a pretty good goalie but maybe not a great goalie.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Coyotes were all over Hertl. I even think I saw Smith mess with him when he was on his belly in his crease.And DMO almost checked him into another universe.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I thought Rundblad looked a bit better than the Nashville game, though the Rundblad/Stone pairing on the ice with 5~ minutes to go was a little terrifying. I still think he's out next game if Klesla/Schlemko is ready to go.

Let me first clarify that I don't necessarily believe this is your stance Ted.

Isn't it ironic that so many were nervous with that situation when many of the same people clammer for Rundblad to get his shot and claim that Tippett doesn't give him a fair shot?

Personally, I was pleased they were on the ice - we've got to test the boys metal.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
The Coyotes were really playing great in the OT, they were skating circles around the Sharks. In the arena, I did notice they playing the Coyotes goal song, Howling for You, and thought that would motive the Yotes.

Ninja Hertl

formerly sharkohol
Feb 25, 2006
The Yay
hey guys, sharks fan in tempe here. last night was a fun game to watch and I actually cheer for the yotes when they aren't playing the sharks. cheers :D

also, are there any bars in particular where there is a lot of hockey on? tempe area would be nice.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
The Coyotes were really playing great in the OT, they were skating circles around the Sharks. In the arena, I did notice they playing the Coyotes goal song, Howling for You, and thought that would motive the Yotes.

Yea I heard that to. Thought it was strange of them to play it. Maybe the audio guy bet on the yotes to win,or fan of underdogs or coyote fan..or it wasn't on purpose at all. Who knows but I liked it.

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Another big game Tuesday. I feel as though I'm going to get sick of the fact that we will always be going against some of the best teams.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
10 out of the 11 remaining games in November are against teams in the top 8 in their respective conference aka good teams. November is going to be very tough and a true test of this team.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Dudehama; said:
I can't help but love the Sharks. Their fans are awesome too. I'd love to see them win it, just as long as it's not against us.

Same

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad