GDT: Game 15 - New York Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings - 7pm EST , MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
After Tuesday I was like "I think I'm going to take a few games off from watching, they're pissing me off too much and it's literally ruining my nights."

Me this morning:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
The fact that Jacob Trouba is playing through a pretty annoying injury this early in the season, tells you all you need to know about how worried the organization is about the team's start.

• Wow
Reactions: Unpredictable1

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The fact that Jacob Trouba is playing through a pretty annoying injury this early in the season, tells you all you need to know about how worried the organization is about the team's start.
If they’re really so worried they would have offered Trotz the job by now

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Jonatan Berggren is making his NHL debut tonight for Detroit. Bet the house on him scoring a goal, and probably a hat trick, because we're the Rangers and we lead the league in first NHL goals allowed. I'm kidding, maybe.

Berggren was drafted with a 2nd round pick in 2018 by Detroit. We sent them that pick in the deadline deal for Brendan Smith. We originally acquired that pick from Ottawa with Zibanejad for Derick Brassard. Of course Berggren makes his NHL debut against us.

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Here's a fun tidbit: Rangers literally haven't won any game that Hajek has played this season (0-3-2). Good thing it's looking like Jones will be scratched tonight if Lindgren is back.

Reactions: Cmox

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Jonatan Berggren is making his NHL debut tonight for Detroit. Bet the house on him scoring a goal, and probably a hat trick, because we're the Rangers and we lead the league in first NHL goals allowed. I'm kidding, maybe.

Berggren was drafted with a 2nd round pick in 2018 by Detroit. We sent them that pick in the deadline deal for Brendan Smith that year. We originally acquired that pick from Ottawa with Zibanejad for Derick Brassard. Of course Berggren makes his NHL debut against us.

Jesus.

algorithm.gif

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Seems like Jones is his own worst enemy. JMO but appears like he’s over trying; showcasing his offensive abilities when he should be emphasizing his defensive and allowing his offensive game to show only when there is little risk to his abandoned point. Right now it’s his job to lose and he’s losing it.
Down in Hartford, Scanlin is looking steady and Brandon is a big Canadian kid 6’4” 215 lbs.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Seems like Jones is his own worst enemy. JMO but appears like he’s over trying; showcasing his offensive abilities when he should be emphasizing his defensive and allowing his offensive game to show only when there is little risk to his abandoned point. Right now it’s his job to lose and he’s losing it.
Down in Hartford, Scanlin is looking steady and Brandon is a big Canadian kid 6’4” 215 lbs.

On record this off-season saying Matthew Robertson will be the third pair LD by mid-season and I'm sticking to it.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
On record this off-season saying Matthew Robertson will be the third pair LD by mid-season and I'm sticking to it.
Curious to hear what your thought process is? Robertson is steady but after watching him the second half of last season and then the beginning of this season it appears that his shooting is not up to AHL level much less NHL level. Not saying he needs to score 10 goals but the placement and velocity of his shot needs work.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
There are like 5 dmen in the whole NHL who can carry the puck and weave through the NZ into the O zone with possession at 5 on 5, and even then it's not successful more often than it is. Yet Jones continues to try this about twice a game to prove his offensive worth. Even if there's room to do it from DZ to NZ, have a plan to pass it off nice and early before you're closed on. Every time he either gets the puck knocked off his stick and turned the other way or he realizes his ship is sunk and has like one pass option left and everyone knows it, so that too is easily blocked and turned the other way. Some guys are elite passers (Fox) and can squeeze the pass through when they get closed on, even when everyone knows where its going, but Jones ain't it, not yet at least.

Curious to hear what your thought process is? Robertson is steady but after watching him the second half of last season and then the beginning of this season it appears that his shooting is not up to AHL level much less NHL level. Not saying he needs to score 10 goals but the placement and velocity of his shot needs work.
If he can defense and knows how to keep a cycle going, he can stay. Even muffin shots can be ok if they're not blocked on the way in every time.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Is Scanlin a bigger Lindgren? Don’t know much about him tbh.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Is Scanlin a bigger Lindgren? Don’t know much about him tbh.
I haven’t seen him stepping up on opposing players yet but he steady. Keeps his man to the outside and can take him to the boards. Need more of a sample size to truly understand his abilities and short-comings if there are any. Right now the best thing I can say is steady.

There are like 5 dmen in the whole NHL who can carry the puck and weave through the NZ into the O zone with possession at 5 on 5, and even then it's not successful more often than it is. Yet Jones continues to try this about twice a game to prove his offensive worth. Even if there's room to do it from DZ to NZ, have a plan to pass it off nice and early before you're closed on. Every time he either gets the puck knocked off his stick and turned the other way or he realizes his ship is sunk and has like one pass option left and everyone knows it, so that too is easily blocked and turned the other way. Some guys are elite passers (Fox) and can squeeze the pass through when they get closed on, even when everyone knows where its going, but Jones ain't it, not yet at least.

If he can defense and knows how to keep a cycle going, he can stay. Even muffin shots can be ok if they're not blocked on the way in every time.
Agree 100% on your assessment of Jones. Hope he reads your post.

Reactions: Unpredictable1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad