GDT: Game 15 - Nashville @ Colorado - 8PM 11/7

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
According to the Avs web site here's the lines; based on last game and recent practices...

Forwards
92 Gabriel Landeskog - 29 Nathan MacKinnon - 96 Mikko Rantanen
15 Sheldon Dries - 13 Alexander Kerfoot - 22 Colin Wilson
83 Matt Nieto - 34 Carl Soderberg - 11 Matt Calvert
57 Gabriel Bourque - 91Vladislav Kamenev - 56 Marko Dano
Defensemen
12 Patrik Nemeth - 6 Erik Johnson
28 Ian Cole - 49 Samuel Girard
16 Nikita Zadorov - 4 Tyson Barrie
Goaltenders
1 Semyon Varlamov
31 Philipp Grubauer
Healthy Scratches: 44 Mark Barberio
Injury Report: 10 Sven Andrighetto (lower body), 17 Tyson Jost (head), 37 J.T. Compher (head)

I think we need to put the D like this,

Cole Girard
Z Barrie
Nemeth EJ

Even if it's just for my own sanity. I'm not in agreement with Bednar regarding these pairings.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Would be really nice to win this one. The shitty schedule and blowing those 2 games has really put us in a bad situation. The next 5 games aren't going to be easy. We could fall down the standings significantly.

I was enjoying being ahead of the curve, but it looks like we might be back to chasing points.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
According to the Avs web site here's the lines; based on last game and recent practices...

Forwards
92 Gabriel Landeskog - 29 Nathan MacKinnon - 96 Mikko Rantanen
15 Sheldon Dries - 13 Alexander Kerfoot - 22 Colin Wilson
83 Matt Nieto - 34 Carl Soderberg - 11 Matt Calvert
57 Gabriel Bourque - 91Vladislav Kamenev - 56 Marko Dano
Defensemen
12 Patrik Nemeth - 6 Erik Johnson
28 Ian Cole - 49 Samuel Girard
16 Nikita Zadorov - 4 Tyson Barrie
Goaltenders
1 Semyon Varlamov
31 Philipp Grubauer
Healthy Scratches: 44 Mark Barberio
Injury Report: 10 Sven Andrighetto (lower body), 17 Tyson Jost (head), 37 J.T. Compher (head)
Lines updated.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Seems odd to have the late start when playing against a team pretty well east.

Edit: I think I got my answer while watching Pit-Was. NBCSN is also showing Nas-Col.

Last edited:

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Subban is going to take a giant poop on our top line. 1g 2a +2. Aves lose 4 to 1.
He didn't really shut them down that well in the playoffs, I think it will be a close game, not really sure which way I'm leaning. All week I was thinking loss but I'm feeling better closer that game gets, but that might just be blank scoreboard optimism. Hopefully Varly plays well, he was brutal against the Preds last year, that OT goal where he didn't even react to the shot short side is still frustrating to think about.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
EJ demoted?
I've always felt like EJ plays better the more minutes he plays. He hasn't had anywhere near the same amount of minutes as last year, and to me hasn't looked engaged at all, at least to the level you'd like him to be at.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I've always felt like EJ plays better the more minutes he plays. He hasn't had anywhere near the same amount of minutes as last year, and to me hasn't looked engaged at all, at least to the level you'd like him to be at.
Yeah I had the same thought myself. I wonder if that is an issue?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
He seems to play better with more minutes, but we now have 5 other NHL calibre D in the line up, so he's going to have to play less. He has played well IMO.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Finally ready to watch some hockey after a frustrating day of working on a shitty Powershell assignment for a scripting class my school makes me take even though I'm doing IT instead of programming.

Unfortunately...it's Nashville and I'll just end up more stressed lol. I agree with whoever said we have three 4th lines lol. But nowadays it's not a bad idea to spread your three offensive black holes out by having them on three separate lines where they just skate hard and work on the boards a bit and hopefully get the puck to the two other more offensively competent players.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Yeah I think he was 5th or something in 5v5 ice time. Bednar isn't happy with him apparently.

Is anyone? His shot is weaker than Girard's, and that says something. Plus, he's not exactly wowing anyone with his defensive game so far. What was he the other night, -4, -5?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Is anyone? His shot is weaker than Girard's, and that says something. Plus, he's not exactly wowing anyone with his defensive game so far. What was he the other night, -4, -5?

Hes had some off nights but it hasn't been all bad. Not enough to continue with this game after game, but whatever.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad