GDT: Game 15: Minnesota Wild(9-4-0) @ Seattle Kraken(4-9-1) - 7:00 p.m. PT/ 10:00 p.m. ET

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
We showed nothing of the sort that there would be a Kraken goal in this game. Let alone three.

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
The team was build so that we would have a squad capable of to skate and keep a energy levels high. Should have had someone nasty who would hit, crash the net win the battles in the corners and sometimes screen the goalie so our defense could deliver the puck to the goal.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The team was build so that we would have a squad capable of to skate and keep a energy levels high. Should have had someone nasty who would hit, crash the net win the battles in the corners and sometimes screen the goalie so our defense could deliver the puck to the goal.
We have players who can skate and hit. The problem is that if you are puck chasing most of the time, you are not going to score as much. Also, that type of game is not sustainable over the length of a season.

Reactions: Toomany7pins

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Its already over as far I am concerned. Arizona has that wrapped up already. Unless we win the lottery that is.

I am genuinely curious though which of top draft picks, outside of Wright, in the 2022 draft are NHL ready.
Odds for #1 OA counting from the bottom:
1) 25.7%
2) 12.1
3) 10.9
4) 9.7
5) 8.5

Don't give up hope, hope is all we have, lol.

Reactions: kihei

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Odds for #1 OA counting from the bottom:
1) 25.7%
2) 12.1
3) 10.9
4) 9.7
5) 8.5

Don't give up hope, hope is all we have, lol.

Ha ha. Well .. I think Wright is the bonafide 1st overall pick but this is looking to be a decent draft. I am hoping we pick someone in the top-5. And hopefully that someone can step in next year to help us right away.

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
Francis should consider of making a trade with our number 1 pick in the next draft for the right player. With only getting decent players through the draft it will take us the whole decade to get us to be competitive. There are teams who have challenges with their salary cap and we should see if we can use it.
With one good creative player we could get a lot more out of this team and adding Beniers to it. Could change our power play a lot too.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I like our first unit but Gourde and McCann have to play together! Not sure who the 6th forward would be...Donskoi?The 3rd unit...Tanev,Jarnkrok and Donato?Do the Kraken have too many of the same types of forwards?

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Ha ha. Well .. I think Wright is the bonafide 1st overall pick but this is looking to be a decent draft. I am hoping we pick someone in the top-5. And hopefully that someone can step in next year to help us right away.
Seattle will need to go hard at UFA's to get someone that helps right away...Beniers will be in Seattle but he'll play 3rd line while making his way up the line up in a few years time

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
I like our first unit but Gourde and McCann have to play together! Not sure who the 6th forward would be...Donskoi?The 3rd unit...Tanev,Jarnkrok and Donato?Do the Kraken have too many of the same types of forwards?
Yes, we have too many of the same type of forwards and Hakstol isn't able to get any of them to change their style to benefit the team. Every team needs a diversity.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Francis should consider of making a trade with our number 1 pick in the next draft for the right player. With only getting decent players through the draft it will take us the whole decade to get us to be competitive. There are teams who have challenges with their salary cap and we should see if we can use it.
With one good creative player we could get a lot more out of this team and adding Beniers to it. Could change our power play a lot too.
No way in hell.

Having a player like Shane Wright on an entry level contract would be a godsend. No way I'd trade that for anything short of an elite player, which nobody in their right mind would trade like McDavid for example.

This draft has multiple prospects that could potentially wind up as a 1C.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

I disagree. This teams problems runs deeper than what 1 player can fix. I truly feel like this is a system problem. We give up the exact same types of goals game-to-game. Turnovers in the offensive zone are simply leading to goals against us. Grubauer has been a disappointment. And I don't mean to say he is a bad goalie but in situations where we need those individual efforts, he is not doing so.

The coaching needs to figure this out.

Reactions: Gniwder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad