Post-Game Talk: Game 15 - Les Canadiens disent merci à la salle de conférence à Toronto - Poutineville 5 BRUINS 4 F

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I am amused that official Canadiens highlights in French make NO MENTION of the offsides call

Bruins 4, Canadiens 5

In the condensed game video they showed the goal being overturned, but didn't actually show any footage of Coyle skating over the blue line. So it was acknowledged that it happened, but clearly the league or whoever actually produces the videos wasn't keen to show the actual piece of play.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I am amused that official Canadiens highlights in French make NO MENTION of the offsides call

Bruins 4, Canadiens 5

of course not. Why would they? It would only serve to take away from their glorious victory over a clearly inferior opponent.

EDIT: I’m still holding out hope that the New York Times one day investigates the NHL’s officiating practices.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I will never agree with the bolded.

Last night will go down as an insignificant loss in the grand scheme of things. A game 7 loss to the Maple Leafs? Not even in the same universe. That would hurt for months.

I know I already quoted and replied to this post, but I just feel the need to say more.

This was no ordinary game, and this is no ordinary rivalry. I really hate that team that much.

I’m going to draw a parallel from an old football anecdote I heard once...

Many moons ago, the Bears were in Green Bay to play the Packers, and George “Papa Bear” Halas was the Bears’ coach.

Halas made his way over to the Packers’ locker room shortly before kickoff, and knocked on the door. The door was answered by a Packers assistant coach who said, “Coach Halas, what can I do for you?”

Halas replies, “I MUST speak with Coach Lombardi. It’s very important.”

“Coach Lombardi is very busy, as you must know. Are you sure it can’t wait until after the game?”

“It can’t wait another minute. I have to see him now,” said Halas.

The assistant goes to get Lombardi.

Packers Head Coach Vince Lombardi comes to the door and asks, “Coach, I’m very busy. How can I help you?”

George Halas looks Vince Lombardi square in the eye and says, “You better have your boys ready today because we are going to kick your ass.” Without another word, Papa Bear turns around and walks away.

THAT is how I feel about the Canadiens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bergyesque

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Yeah it stinks, pretentious self-appointed aristocrats of the league won, but it stinks less, because we have, we are the upper hand.

They feel like they accomplished something but in reality they currently suck. We will eat them alive next time and they ll probably finish 9th or 10th in the East once Tampa gets going, there's also Philly. Perfect position for them, hope, most likely shattered in the end, mid 1st round pick, good.

They are pretty much in the position we want them to be - no success but also without the high pick.

Reactions: trenton1

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I know I already quoted and replied to this post, but I just feel the need to say more.

This was no ordinary game, and this is no ordinary rivalry. I really hate that team that much.

Many moons ago, the Bears were in Green Bay to play the Packers, and George “Papa Bear” Halas was the Bears’ coach.

Halas made his way over to the Packers’ locker room shortly before kickoff, and knocked on the door. The door was answered by a Packers assistant coach who said, “Coach Halas, what can I do for you?”

“Coach Lombardi is very busy, as you must know. Are you sure it can’t wait until after the game?”

Packers Head Coach Vince Lombardi comes to the door and asks, “Coach, I’m very busy. How can I help you?”

George Halas looks Vince Lombardi square in the eye and says, “You better have your boys ready today because we are going to kick your ass.” Without another word, Papa Bear turns around and walks away.

So the way you feel makes it a rivalry?

Reactions: shoulders7

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
of course not. Why would they? It would only serve to take away from their glorious victory over a clearly inferior opponent.

EDIT: I’m still holding out hope that the New York Times one day investigates the NHL’s officiating practices.
When was the last time The NY Times investigated anything?

Reactions: rfournier103

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

No mention of the off-side or the coach's challenge on last night's late edition of SportsCentre on TSN. Kind of odd since TSN was actually broadcasting the game. :huh:

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
No mention of the off-side or the coach's challenge on last night's late edition of SportsCentre on TSN. Kind of odd since TSN was actually broadcasting the game. :huh:
Watched the Jay and Dan hilites, thought for sure they would comment on it, never even showed it. lol

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Watched the Jay and Dan hilites, thought for sure they would comment on it, never even showed it. lol

Can't stand those 2 goofs. Hey Jay and Dan - stop trying to be comedians because you're not funny. :thumbd:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

You rock! :yo:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Bruins 4, Canadiens 5
Of course not, they've been manipulating the media since day 1.
When Lafleur was drunk and had an accident in the wee hours of the morning.
First thing the cop did was removing Lafleur and driving him to the Habs dr, while the car was towed almost immediately and story was kept under wrap for a long time.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

No JDB today.

Chara-Clifton pairing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad