GDT: Game 15: Golden Knights @ Les Habitants | 4:30 | ATTSN

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Enjoying the Montreal TV English broadcast of game. The announcers are knowledgeable about the Knights, but also fair in their calls

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
That FAT rebound with 38 seconds remaining!

Trailing by only a goal.

Two more chances in the last half minute.

MAN, if you gotta lose your last game on the road in regulation, THAT's how you do it.

Road trip: successful.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I didn't see a whole lot to like the first half of the game, but they pulled it together.

I know the 4th line isn't really a "4th line" but those guys were pretty outstanding. They carried the team for the first period and a half while everyone else looked a little lost.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So is this long early season road trip going to be an annual event when the PBR rodeo is in town?

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Only three points from the trip.

Know fatigue isn't supposed to be an excuse, but gotta believe the guys were a little spent by tonight. Six games in nine days, finishing with a back-to-back, goalie drama, changing style a bit to help protect a 4th-string goalie, etc.

Gotta think if Dansk hadn't gotten hurt we would have had a fair chance at six points.

Curious to see who's in goal Friday. Winnipeg off to a good start. I'm calling a must win before we go back on the road for two.

Defend the Castle! :fight:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Good effort in the 2nd half of the game, unfortunate that we couldn't get at least a point, but I love that there is no quit in this team.

Ah well hopefully we can pull out a W against Winnipeg.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I know the 4th line isn't really a "4th line" but those guys were pretty outstanding. They carried the team for the first period and a half while everyone else looked a little lost.

Agreed. Gallant seemed to agree as well. I haven’t seen the box score, but it seems they lead the team in ice time. That might’ve just been they were so noticeable it seemed like they played more.

I came into the season not thinking much of Nosek, but he has fit in well with two puck possession ,cycling grinders. He is pretty hard to knock off the puck, has good speed, and a bit more skill than the other two. Someone’s like Eakin, Karlsson, etc. could use a line demotion in place of him. I think Leipsic deserves more games than he’s gotten as well.

Engelland has been a liability the whole east coast trip. The quicker, more skill based conference has really exposed his lack of foot speed.

The Flab’s have really recognized this, and have been attacking his side of the ice the whole night. At his age, he should be a #7. Hopefully his Vegas connection doesn’t keep him in the lineup unfavorably over Theodore. McNabb and Engelland is just not a good pairing in today’s age.

Two pure defensive defenseman with limited puck moving ability = trapped in your own zone the whole game.

Miller / Schmidt / Theodore should be mainstays on each pairing with a defensive guy. Someone has to be able to either skate the puck or pass it out of the zone.

The first line played allright, but have been a lot better the whole season so far. They just couldn’t get the puck and get anything done with it. The whole offense just wasn’t in sync tonight.

Reilly Smith is an interesting player. He really doesn’t do much outside of getting some good shots here and there, but man does he have a good shot. Marchessault is somewhat similar, but has better play making ability and seems more creative. He makes things happen.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Enjoying the Montreal TV English broadcast of game. The announcers are knowledgeable about the Knights, but also fair in their calls

Keep doing what you're doing VGK. Entertaining group to watch.

Bartlett has been the Habs play-by-play guy for a few years now. Before TSN picked up the Canadiens regional coverage he was with Sportsnet. Dave Poulin provides the colour commentary. He's new to it this year, having been in TSN studios the last couple of years. He's taken to it really well.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I came into the season not thinking much of Nosek, but he has fit in well with two puck possession ,cycling grinders. He is pretty hard to knock off the puck, has good speed, and a bit more skill than the other two.
Nosek? I hardly notice him. The only player with less ice time is Carrier and everyone notices Carrier as he leads the team in hits despite only getting 8:58 in ice time, is a real 4th line banger in the mold of a Caps' Wilson or past-Sabres' Deslaurier. And Carrier has more shots than Nosek and only one less point.

Here. I found a picture of undrafted Tomas Nosek:

invisible-man-3-1.jpg

Here is Nosek's cousin in action:

72f339e965ff82bbaf5ab0457f194ee3.jpg

Nosek is the answer to a trivia question: Who scored the first goal in the Knights' first home game then did squat other than in the Chicago game? (Hint: prior to that home game he had one point in 19 career NHL games.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland

Bartlett has been the Habs play-by-play guy for a few years now. Before TSN picked up the Canadiens regional coverage he was with Sportsnet. Dave Poulin provides the colour commentary. He's new to it this year, having been in TSN studios the last couple of years. He's taken to it really well.

This team is exactly what they were supposed to be. Fast and furious.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Bummed we didn't win this one, would have been so sweet beating the Habs. I've always hated them.

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
Jet fan here coming in peace. I like that the VGK has gotten to a great start. I’m wondering if anyone has any comments on Shane Hnidy or Gary Lawless. Personally, I miss Shane Hnidy’s colour commentary. And Gary’s insights.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016

Thank you for the insights on the announcers.

I like to listen to the opposition's broadcasts because it gives a unique perspective to the game, the opponent, and the VGK.

Several cities have exceptional broadcasts with a great depth of knowledge about their home team, but they fail to mention the names of the VGK players. Sometimes it's almost embarrassing that they don't know the VGK players.

The Habs announcers, however, seem to have done their homework. I thought they were exceptional.

I watch these games on the computer, many times while I'm surfing the web or playing poker online, so I don't always have my full attention on the games. Hearing "The Vegas D-man is passing to the forward" is very unfulfilling.

At least the Habs announcers knew the VGK players' names and would add some of the players' biographies and stats.

One of my favorite broadcast teams is the Red Wings radio team with color commentary from Paul Woods. Woods is as good as they come in the business, always ready to share new perspectives on the game.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Jet fan here coming in peace. I like that the VGK has gotten to a great start. I’m wondering if anyone has any comments on Shane Hnidy or Gary Lawless. Personally, I miss Shane Hnidy’s colour commentary. And Gary’s insights.
Shane Hnidy is a star. I hope he sticks around, but I won't be surprised if he gets scooped up in the next couple of years. Goucher is a great broadcaster as well, but he tends to stay on the more positive side of things. He'll just avoid mentioning when someone's playing poorly, which I guess I get, but I prefer that stuff to be pointed out as well.

Lawless isn't my favorite, but he's growing on me.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Shane Hnidy is a star. I hope he sticks around, but I won't be surprised if he gets scooped up in the next couple of years. Goucher is a great broadcaster as well, but he tends to stay on the more positive side of things. He'll just avoid mentioning when someone's playing poorly, which I guess I get, but I prefer that stuff to be pointed out as well.

Lawless isn't my favorite, but he's growing on me.
It's not that common for local broadcast guys to point out poor performances. I've found it usually requires especially noticeable bad performances.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016

I like the fact that Hnidy is familiar with the players around the league as well as international players.

The Ottawa broadcast had a nice interview with him during the recent Sens-VGK game. (He played with them 2000-4.)

It's taking a while to warm up to Lawless, however. I'm sure he'll get more comfortable with the city of Las Vegas and the team as the season progresses.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00