GDT: Game 15: Emergency GDT Wild @ Canes 6:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not true at all. I think he was buzzing all night and should have had 3 assists if Pominville could shoot like a 1st grader.

He had a terrible "no clear" in OT that led to Suter's penalty.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pominville didn't do a single positive thing tonight. Nay...Pominville hasn't done a single positive thing all season.

Call me crazy, but I sensed some chemistry between Vanek and Poms. I think he's gonna be alright. He looked faster, less constipated.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
The BIG, and i mean BIG, positive about tonight was not the win, as fun as it was, but Dubnyk's play. For the third game in a row he was good, if not very good, and didn't let in a bad goal. If he can do that for us all year, we are in very good shape to make a run in the playoffs. We can weather the odd cold streak from Poms, or Bruce, or whomever, and the odd injury, as long as it's not a season ender, but we can not succeed without above average goaltending (last three games)

other positives
-Zucker, Vanek, Koivu, Nino, the usual suspects.

-Bertschy looked noticably less hesitant.

- Folin?

- Prosser looked bad, but then he looked almost good in a couple of offensive situations.

- Coyle was just sort of there, but he works. Had that one crazy rush where he backchecked, stole the puck, then went the length of the ice and almost scored on a shot. Man, he looked fast.

- Poms showed signs of life, but he shouldn't buy a lotto ticket just yet.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Just watched the 5 minute recap.

Zucker - money. It's official, I'm buying a Zucker jersey very soon. Changed my mind from Parise.

Just from what they showed Dubnyk made some huge saves. Pommer hits the pipe again. Feel so bad for him right now. Just needs that first one.

Looked like we made some horrible passes in the D-zone too.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Doobs also made a weird save.. it kinda looked like he was going to start doing the Texas Two Step(badly) then stopped and sort of stopped the puck. Saved a goal, and that's what counts.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zucker willed this team to a win in the same way Parise sometimes does.
Well that, and with a lot of help from Dubnyk.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
Great game by Zucker and Dubs. Captain, Nino, and Suits also played very well.

When is Granlund going to show up? Really not happy with his game right now.

And once Scandella is back I think they should let Dumba heal up, he's obviously playing hurt.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i would have pulled doobs after those 2 soft goals and we would have lost, noway our backup stops skinner or that huge glove save. no powers plays for us? what was with several players falling on their own? must have been horrible ice. our announcers were saying yeo told zucker to play more like parise and now hes on fire. how did pommer hit the inside pipe on that half open net? snakebit!

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
our announcers were saying yeo told zucker to play more like parise and now hes on fire.

That was pretty cool. For those who missed it, or weren't watching our broadcast: Yeo told Zucker [paraphrasing] "There's nothing he (Parise) can do better than you. He can't skate faster than you, he can't shoot harder than you, and look what he does in the ice every night."

Obviously that talk clicked with Zucker :handclap:

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
Haven't seen a good replay of the pass itself. I'm trying to figure out how that wasn't off-side. Must have been just perfectly placed and timed. Got to love Suter's lead pass, it's just elite.

From nhl.com highlights you can see Zucker still had the tip of his right skate on the blue line while the puck had completely crossed it. Margin of error was thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad