Post-Game Talk: Game 15, 5-4vsCBJ

Feels good, baby.

EEF0B910-43D8-4D17-849E-2C3A62C8D6B7.jpeg

Thundercat on the prowl again.

01AA0647-2725-47D4-8C90-2B8D318559FF.gif

I’ll abstain from 3 stars cause I barely watched. But maybe JT and Joey get some love for their face off savagery. Both 9/12.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Not gonna lie…I’m jelly of those who attended todays game… Not just because of the win, but they also had the pleasure of hearing Eminem celly 3 more times than I did Thursday night.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Stars:
1. Fischer. Two assists. Not bad.
2. Fabbri. Hitting the twine is always nice to see, especially since it's his first since returning from injury.
3. Raymond. It's good to see him producing more.

Scapegoat:
Team defense. Where is it? It's not just some sort of mythical thing, boys.

Final thoughts: After sleepwalking through the games against the Rags and Habs, the team looked stellar... but I still feel like we stopped skating from about the 10 minute mark of the first period until around the end of the second. We're playing two division opponents in Sweden that we can't afford to cede points to, so here's hoping the boys regroup and rest up. Two big games, and we need those to be wins.

Let's go, boys!

Reactions: 14ari13

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I think some days off will do this team good. Very few teams have had as tough a schedule as us. Team needs a mental reset and some practices. Hopefully they can take one of the sweden games but they’ll need to be a lot better than this to do it.

Reactions: 14ari13 and Henkka

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
1) Fischer
2) Raymond
3) Petry

Petry had a few boners but he was +2 with 2 assists. You guys ripping on Petry can suck it. He and Chiarot were OK in this game.

Spacegoat: Husso, I'm finally going to go there. Two of those goals shouldn't go in on an NHL goalie; and he didn't make enough amaze-ball saves to make up for those.

Reactions: 14ari13

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I like the idea of Compher with Raymond, the few times they have been on the ice together, seems like some really good chemistry.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Give Kostin an audition? I like his hands.
I thought the same thing in preseason, he's intriguing. But now -- I don't know. He seems to do things with some flair and swagger but then the net effect of his actions often ends up not living up to the attitude.

There was one play that epitomized that -- he was in our d zone late-ish in the game and he tried to clear the puck by flipping it into the air, which he did with an extra little flash of the stick, needlessly, for aesthetics. But then the puck landed well within our blue line and the BJs maintained possession in our zone.

He did have that one beautiful move across the crease the other day though. And he's one of two guys (Sprong) who have the guts to take the puck to the hole in any situation at any time. So...maybe, yeah, let's see how he does on one of the top two lines.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
1 - Fischer
2 - Fabbri
3 - Veleno

SG - Ville Booso - Man he sucked in this one. Almost threw this away all by himself.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Veleno
Fabbri
Raymond

Scapegoat: Lalonde. 22 minutes for Chiarot and 24 minutes for Petry. Really concerning stuff if I’m being honest

Chiarot has been good this season, he leads the team with +8.
Petry is +6 I believe and made a great play last game to put us back in the game.

Anyhow
Seider
Fabbri
Fisher

Goat, Husso or Copp.

Seider was a force in the 3rd period. He made 5 good plays and was the leader on the ice. It was come on boys we are not going to lose this one attitude. Good to see. This was one of those games when the score sheet does not tell you the story. So he is the 1st star for me.
Seider was 4th in icetime among defencemen.
Raymond played 14 min. Right decision by the coach as Raymond forces the plays which are not there too often.
Reimer is 4th and 6th in SV% and GAA, while Husso is 50th and 40+.
The stats are a but misleading, but Husso has to be a little but better.
Compher is doing very good so far, Perron is a big disappointment. ONE ES point in 15 games is a way too little.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad