HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CxEa_qXW8AEK3Gy.jpg:large

gilariverarena-800.jpg

Tonight's Officials

Referees Ian Walsh (29), Tim Peel (20)
Linesmen Shane Heyer (55), Ryan Gibbons (58)

Ntl. Anthem Retired Petty Officer First Class Steven Powell

WAYBACK MACHINE

The game in Prague when Tim Thomas announced 'I'm Baaaaack'

BOSTON vs ARIZONA, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Coyotes are meeting for the 74th time in their histories (includes totals as Winnipeg Jets) with the Bruins having a 45-20-7-1 record and 277-217 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 20-14-3-0 in their 37 road games of this lifetime series with a 125-114 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins have won the last 8 games between these teams with their last loss to the Coyotes a 5-2 home setback in Prague on 10/9/10 … They have won their last 5 games in Arizona with their last road loss to the Coyotes a 4-1 setback on 10/17/09.

Fun Fact: The Bruins are 15-8-2-1 overall vs. the Coyotes since they relocated to Arizona in 1996 … Shane Doan (13th season) and Zdeno Chara (11th season) are the NHL’s 2 longest-serving current captains.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Zdeno Chara is 1 assist shy of his 400th NHL assist.
Torey Krug is 3 assists shy of his 100th NHL assist.
Jimmy Hayes is 5 points short of his 100th NHL point.

The Bruins are 9 goals shy of scoring the 20,000th goal in franchise history … They will become just the 2nd team in NHL history to reach that milestone (Montreal Canadiens)

INJURIES (41 total man-games lost)

Anton Khudobin – Upper body; Traveling with team
Kevan Miller – 10/11 hand surgery; Approx. 6 wks from time of surgery (IR)
Noel Acciari – Lower body; Approx. 4 wks

NOVEMBER BIRTHDAYS

15 – Kevan Miller will turn 29
16 – Tim Schaller will turn 26
21 – Jimmy Hayes will turn 27
25 – John-Michael Liles will turn 36
26 – Brandon Carlo will turn 20

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1478897272000

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks Fenway !

I was at that game in Prague. Let's hope for similar results tonight.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thanks Fenway !

I was at that game in Prague. Let's hope for similar results tonight.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

Looking back that second game in Prague was huge for the Bruins and set the tone for what was to come. I can't believe it was 6 years.

I would love to see the Bruins go back to Europe for a couple of games. Prague was very inexpensive compared to most Euro cities.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Looking back that second game in Prague was huge for the Bruins and set the tone for what was to come. I can't believe it was 6 years.

I would love to see the Bruins go back to Europe for a couple of games. Prague was very inexpensive compared to most Euro cities.

My daughter (who lives in California) and I try and do one away game per year. Amanda had spent a semester in Paris in college and had been all over Europe. Her favorite city was Prague so when she heard the B's were starting their season there
she insisted we go. She got us seats on the glass for both games.

Her second team is the Sharks and they started in Stockholm so we went to one game there before flying to Prague.

It was fun to meet B's fans from all over the world. We sat next to a very well spoken and nice young man from Switzerland for the second game . . He watched games at all kind of strange hours. A couple of years ago he came to Boston and came down to visit and high five the b's . It was great to see him. He is almost as tall as big Z. He used to post here as Swiss Bruin. I had asked him (while we were in Prague) how he knew so much about the B's and he said he read the HF boards :laugh:. Amanda told him I posted there and when she told him I was "Ladyfan" he said he knew my posts.

Also from Finland Lady Lynx . She also came to visit. Nice lady

DKH and his daughter were there. We had fun exploring Prague with them.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yotes off to a slow start this season judging by their record, again, another team that the B`s HAVE to collect points against, especially as it seems they can`t keep up with the stronger teams at this point of the early season

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Good chance to watch Michael Stone. I've always thought he'd make a good 2nd pairing stop gap here in Boston until McAvoy etc.. is ready

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Good chance to watch Michael Stone. I've always thought he'd make a good 2nd pairing stop gap here in Boston until McAvoy etc.. is ready

Agree. And , according to capfriendly, Yotes over the cap. Something will break at some point for a team that's been operating in the red. Some of that is funny money as is related to cap- Datsyuk, Pronger. unsure about Bolland and insured contract or not.

Stone would look good next to TK47. Nice early Christmas present.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

GO:bruins GO

This may be the final appearance for the B's in Glendale depending on how advanced the rumblings are of a new arena in Phoenix and/or any lease extensions between IA/AEG who is managing GRA as the lease expires at the end of the current season.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014

I d be over the moon if that happens again. O2 arena is a nice place, not to mention it's much closer to me than Boston. Cheap beer doesn't hurt either :)

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Hello from Nova Scotia! Returning to the boards with a new user name. Previously posted on another board a few times, mainly on play in the Q, but that was several years ago. Times have changed greatly since then with the kids almost full grown adults and career demands no longer at play. I hope to engage in some conversations on threads that appear for the Bruins. No real credentials to offer any significant insight but simply have a genuine love for the game with time spent over the years playing, coaching and officiating at local minor and some provincial senior hockey levels. Have been a Bruins fan since the early 70's and still have the passion to follow them closely. May not post often but very much look forward to chiming in where I can.

Looking forward to a good game tonight with the Desert Dogs. Let's go Bruins!

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I remember last year's game when Kevan Miller pummeled Joe Vitale (before Vitale was traded for Pavel Datsyuk ;) ). Not that he played regular minutes, but that bout likely ended Vitale's career.

Wonder if we'll see any extracurricular activities with Max Domi?

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I remember last year's game when Kevan Miller pummeled Joe Vitale (before Vitale was traded for Pavel Datsyuk ;) ). Not that he played regular minutes, but that bout likely ended Vitale's career.

I watched vitale play at northeastern so it was cool watching him get his time in the league. Figures k Miller ended it for him...

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hello from Nova Scotia! Returning to the boards with a new user name. Previously posted on another board a few times, mainly on play in the Q, but that was several years ago. Times have changed greatly since then with the kids almost full grown adults and career demands no longer at play. I hope to engage in some conversations on threads that appear for the Bruins. No real credentials to offer any significant insight but simply have a genuine love for the game with time spent over the years playing, coaching and officiating at local minor and some provincial senior hockey levels. Have been a Bruins fan since the early 70's and still have the passion to follow them closely. May not post often but very much look forward to chiming in where I can.

Looking forward to a good game tonight with the Desert Dogs. Let's go Bruins!

:welcome:

:handclap:

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I watched vitale play at northeastern so it was cool watching him get his time in the league. Figures k Miller ended it for him...

Maybe Vitale shouldn't have been pushing around little Ryan Spooner. He found a bigger dog and deserved what he originally wanted.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Speaking of warm places our old pal Griffith was scooped up by the Panthers.

Bruins should have this one they always do well against the Coyotes.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Im overly confident about tonight. I hope Pasta keeps a hot hand, bt I can see a blowout Bs win here 6 - 1 or something. Get to watch Live for a change too, it sucks always being at work this season when the games are on :cry: Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Claude Julien likes what he sees as Bruins begin road trip
By Kevin Paul Dupont

GLENDALE, Ariz. – Their power play slightly improved, their defense tightened, their November record at 5-1-0, the Bruins take on the Coyotes Saturday night feeling much better about themselves the last two weeks.

“I want us to be that way,†said coach Claude Julien, focusing on his club’s general uptick soon after touching down at the Phoenix airport on Friday. “I think it is trending that way, but it’s got to stay that way.â€

The Bruins didn’t practice at Gila River Arena on Saturday morning, Julien calculating that a morning off would keep his charges’ legs fresh for an 8 p.m. faceoff. They’ll skip the early routine again on Sunday, where in the evening they will face the Colorado Avalanche in the second of three stops on the trip. They wrap up Thursday in St. Paul, Minn.

“I like the way we’ve been competing,†said Julien, his club fresh from an impressive 5-2 win Thursday night over the Blue Jackets at the Garden. “I like the way we pay attenton to detail.â€

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Dobby'd on this trip right? If hes healthy, do you start him tonight and Rask tomorrow? With all due respect to the Yotes, I think the Avs have more firepower that id rather Rask face than a backup, especially in their own barn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad