Provorov|Streit
Starting Goaltender
Mason

L G R W :wings

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Steve Mason in net tonight for Philly with a sweet .878 sv % on the season.... let's go, let's grab a win boys.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Im hyped to see bertuzzi, he was by far my favorite player in the preseason

Maybe another loss will force Holland to bring up mantha too! Wouldn't that be exciting

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Steve Mason in net tonight for Philly with a sweet .878 sv % on the season.... let's go, let's grab a win boys.

Would be bittersweet irony if he makes his game of the season just now. Not sure yet if I'll sacrifice my sleep as usual. Either way, let's hope that they show some reaction and get us those two points tonite. LGRW.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Does anyone have a reason Marchenko is actually still playing? Let alone the second pair?

I can't think of one. The guy sucks this year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Does anyone have a reason Marchenko is actually still playing? Let alone the second pair?

I can't think of one. The guy sucks this year.

Ericsson-Marchenko pairing is stupid as anything other than a 3rd pairing, and even then I don't love it.

Why is Sproul still scratched? You've gotta be ****ing kidding me...

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Why is Sproul still scratched? You've gotta be ****ing kidding me...

Blash's stark terror at doing anything that might upset the status quo, for better or worse. It's the same reason that AA will continue to get 10-12 minutes a night (and Nyquist will get 16), while Z continues to get 20+ minutes a night, with no thought whatsoever to what that will mean in April.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Blash's stark terror at doing anything that might upset the status quo, for better or worse. It's the same reason that AA will continue to get 10-12 minutes a night (and Nyquist will get 16), while Z continues to get 20+ minutes a night, with no thought whatsoever to what that will mean in April.

I'm in the minority here, but I kind of see his reasoning for the AA deal. Whenever AA has had a shot to play on a second line/bigger minutes, he just doesn't stand out much to me. Maybe he kind of gets in a safety mode to not want to lose his job, maybe he thinks I'm getting big minutes I need to conserve some energy, who knows. When he is sheltered/3rd line and playing less, he seems to have this "tiger out of the cage" mentality. All of a sudden I'm saying where the hell did this dude come from?

Not saying he deserves only 4-7 minutes. But I'm not going to be upset if he isn't playing 14-17 right now.

The Sproul/XO/Marchenko situation is WAY more mind blowing to me. Sproul comes in and he's the second largest guy on the team, a better skater than every d-man not Green or Smith probably, has the hardest shot on the team possibly, and our PP numbers skyrocket and we win 6 games. Lose one and he's out? And stays out? It's an absolute joke.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Bertuzzi is playing on our top line while Mantha is still in the AHL? Ha, some posts from their election night are looking pretty stupid right about now. :)

Looking forward to see how he does.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I'm in the minority here, but I kind of see his reasoning for the AA deal. Whenever AA has had a shot to play on a second line/bigger minutes, he just doesn't stand out much to me. Maybe he kind of gets in a safety mode to not want to lose his job, maybe he thinks I'm getting big minutes I need to conserve some energy, who knows. When he is sheltered/3rd line and playing less, he seems to have this "tiger out of the cage" mentality. All of a sudden I'm saying where the hell did this dude come from?

Not saying he deserves only 4-7 minutes. But I'm not going to be upset if he isn't playing 14-17 right now.

The Sproul/XO/Marchenko situation is WAY more mind blowing to me. Sproul comes in and he's the second largest guy on the team, a better skater than every d-man not Green or Smith probably, has the hardest shot on the team possibly, and our PP numbers skyrocket and we win 6 games. Lose one and he's out? And stays out? It's an absolute joke.

The issue to me, that the minute distribution for the forwards represents, is that we're running Z out there like he's 28 and healthy. I don't really care if it's AA getting 14 minutes, Nyquist getting 18 or something else entirely, but using Z that much is mind-bogglingly stupid, especially since we saw what that usage does to him in the second half of the season last year. I'm not sure I have a useful opinion about AA's minutes right now, other than that the team would benefit a lot from a distribution that doesn't center around "I'm terrified and don't know what to do, so I'm going to overplay my vets." I don't think we're really in disagreement, I just wanted to explain myself better. It also doesn't even touch the absolute idiocy of Sproul riding the pine while Smith and Marchenko keep playing.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
It's amazing what Philly has done with their defense the past few years. Completely overhauled.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
4-1 flyers hopefully

We will never get better.till ww get worse so I hope it happens soonee rather than later

Kh blew.his chance to rebuild on the fly properly

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
No. he really doesn't deserve to sit like this. Should at least sit Marchenko for a game who has been struggling.
Agreed, I would sit either Marchenko or Smith. Sproul was generating shots, looking great on the PP (it has been bad since he was taken out), can play 3-on-3, was not a defensively liability and it seemed like he was helping our breakouts. Not sure what is going on lately, what with Sproul sitting and Bert coming in on the top line while Mantha is in the AHL because "he's not a fit on the 4th line".

But by all means Blash, keep losing games with this strategy. Going in to a building we haven't won in since the 90s riding a 4 game losing streak, things are looking great.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Miller scratched.

#RedWings Blashill confirms Howard starting, Miller sitting out tonight.

— Dana Wakiji (@Dwakiji) November 8, 2016

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
It's amazing what Philly has done with their defense the past few years. Completely overhauled.

Yeah as a Wings fan it's encouraging to see that a defense can be turned around like that in such a short period of time, if management makes a commitment to it. Although it certainly helped to have Ghost pan out the way that he did. People say not to draft for need and I typically agree with that but the flyers went hard after defenseman with their early picks for the past few years and they've stockpiled a lot of talented defenseman. It will be interesting to see how they develop over the next few years :popcorn:

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Considering Zetterberg's role there has to be more than meets the eye. It would be impossible for scouts, management, etc. to believe he isn't the worst 2nd line center in the NHL. His usage is killing our chances of winning. It's not enough for he and Kronwall to be "ok", barely surviving the speed and skill of today's game.

I've pondered that Blashill plays Z as much to throw it managements face, like "hey this is what you've given me- here you go". Another thought is the supreme loyalty Holland preserves... no matter how many games we lose Zetterberg will continue to play the most minutes, center the 1st PP, and as we see ritually take the last minutes to try and win a game. It's insane but I feel like the crazy one for repeatedly stating my sadness/disbelief.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Sproul still a scratch is astonishing, my only belief now is that they are trying to showcase one of the bottom four defence to trade them away to make Sproul a regular soon enough :dunno:

Sproul looked like a reliable top 4 defenceman in his earlier performances. Sickens me that he's scratched this many games.

I am also one stoked to see Bertuzzi play.

All this team needed for a change up was to add Mantha and Sproul to the lineup, all valuable experience for them at this stage in their careers. Bertuzzi adds a bit of versatility to he mix also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad