GDT: Game 14: Vegas Golden Knights @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 4:00PM | Lets keep rolling

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
simpsons-rolling.gif

:vegas :leafs
Vegas Golden Knights (11-2-0) @ Toronto Maple Leafs (7-4-2)
8th November | 4:00PM
Scotiabank Arena | Toronto, ON

Latest Match Ups.
Date​
Location​
Score​
October 24th, 2022​
Las Vegas, NV​
VGK 3 - TOR 1​
January 11th, 2022​
Las Vegas, NV​
TOR 4 - VGK 3 SO​
November 4th, 2021​
Toronto, ON​
TOR 4 - VGK 0​

Line ups courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

:vegas

VGK-F.jpg

VGK-D.jpg

VGK-G1.jpg

:leafs

TOR-F.jpg

TOR-D.jpg

TOR-G.jpg

Go :vegas Go

Lets light the lamp

AcidicUnnaturalFluke-size_restricted.gif

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
How is Jack Eichel doing in Vegas ? Guys happy with the trade ?
I didn't particularly like giving up Alex Tuch, but guys like Eichel just aren't available for nothing. Our record is 11-2, that says quite a bit and doesn't appear the least bit fluky. I think Eichel draws so much attention from the opposition it frees up everyone else. It's impossible to evaluate trades in such a short time, but at minimum the trades' a wash for VGK.

BuffaloSabresSword

May 11, 2011
I didn't particularly like giving up Alex Tuch, but guys like Eichel just aren't available for nothing. Our record is 11-2, that says quite a bit and doesn't appear the least bit fluky. I think Eichel draws so much attention from the opposition it frees up everyone else. It's impossible to evaluate trades in such a short time, but at minimum the trades' a wash for VGK.
Will be fun to play against each other this Week 😁

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
How is Jack Eichel doing in Vegas ? Guys happy with the trade ?
Yes it was worth the assets. From a Vegas perspective Eichel and Kessel for Pacioretty and Tuch is essentially a wash but we fulfilled a center need with a surplus of wingers, fulfilled a need to be better on the powerplay / less rush dependent, and a need to be more consistent.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Well I'm awake, I'll be glad when we are at least in West and I don't have to wake up so early to watch.

So what did I miss.

ROY!!!!!!!!!

Booooo!

JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!

Booooo!!!

More Boo!!!!!!!!!!!

A SMITH KARLSSON SHORTY!!!!!!!!!!!

SMITH AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Tofveve

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Wow, are all of your GDT's as dead as this? You played against a good team with a huge fanbase and judging by the score it was a good game (?).

I'm not trying to diss. I'm just geniunely curious.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Wow, are all of your GDT's as dead as this? You played against a good team with a huge fanbase and judging by the score it was a good game (?).

I'm not trying to diss. I'm just geniunely curious.

This site, and really most specialized forums, were dead before Vegas got a team. Reddit is where most of the online presence for Vegas seems to be, and Facebook even has a pretty big presence, I've heard.

Even like half the 30-ish posters who ever posted here have migrated over to reddit, it seems. HF on phones has always been not the greatest experience, especially before the site overhaul, may have something to do with people switching over.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
This site, and really most specialized forums, were dead before Vegas got a team. Reddit is where most of the online presence for Vegas seems to be, and Facebook even has a pretty big presence, I've heard.

Even like half the 30-ish posters who ever posted here have migrated over to reddit, it seems. HF on phones has always been not the greatest experience, especially before the site overhaul, may have something to do with people switching over.
Yeah it sucks on the phone, I still use it on my phone haha.

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010

That kinda sucks. One of the biggest advantages with HF is having a decent amount of fans from all the teams imo. If I go to reddit it's either a clusterf**k of a main subject matter or specific subjects, it don't scratch the same itch for me. Twitter is decent but then it's just a blend of all kinds of voices with poor usability for specific discussions.

Reactions: hangman005

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
That kinda sucks. One of the biggest advantages with HF is having a decent amount of fans from all the teams imo. If I go to reddit it's either a clusterf**k of a main subject matter or specific subjects, it don't scratch the same itch for me. Twitter is decent but then it's just a blend of all kinds of voices with poor usability for specific discussions.
Reddit is also riddled with trolls and the VGK forum is poorly moderated. It's sad representation is so low here, I think it's a product of what was hot as a public forum when the team started out.

There were more here in the past. I don't know whether people disappeared simply because it wasn't active enough for them, or because there was a particular user who would insult others for their opinions. I guess the former. Maybe some folks will come back now that the team is looking like a league-leader again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad