GDT: Game #14| Feb. 12, 2013|Flyers at Jets |8:00 p.m. ET

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Hopefully another slobberknocker like the games against the Jets last year. Defense is for chumps!

Yukon Cornelius*

If there was ever a "Remember the Alamo" moment to this shortened season, it was last night.

I'm really looking forward to seeing who, amongst our ranks, steps up tonight and establishes or re-establishes himself as a leader.

Should be a good one.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Another back to back vs a rested home team. Same goes saturday at Mtl.
Will the sked get any better soon?

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
The first game last year in the Peg between these 2 teams was the first Flyer game I had been to live in a long time and my memories of that game were: Read, Hartnell, Harry Z (sort of interesting he is being called up for this one) all played very well. Everyone else was terrible. It was that game that made me wonder what the heck was wrong with Pronger. He acted almost drunk. Now we know why.

MrHockey1982

Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Al Montoya
Firm @ 12:44pm EST
12:44pm 'Noel confirms Montoya is starting, not because of shutout but a chance to get in groove nonetheless and build his confidence #NHLJets' (Ken Wiebe)

Montoya starts. I'm guessing we will start Boosh. Please win today

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I don't think last nights loss is that much to worry about. The maple leafs are a hot team and their goalkeepers were amazing last night. they also did a great job killing off seven minutes of penalties in the second period.

Other than the 3-4 minutes of hell early in the second the flyers didn't look too bad. Just look at the shots 46-24 flyers.

Also the flyers were short couturier their defensive minded center. Although no loss is a good one this at least had some promise toward future games. I like that they didn't give up and even got another goal at the end to make the score more respectable.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Randy Miller expressed similar sentiments to what I stated last night:

FLYERS NOTES: It will be interesting to see who coach Peter Laviolette uses in goal tonight with the Flyers playing back-to-back games and Ilya Bryzgalov removed from Monday’s 5-2 loss in the second period after allowing four goals. New backup Brian Boucher seemed a strong candidate to start against the Jets before Monday’s game, but now that he’s played more than half a game on Monday while Bryzgalov was resting, it seems more likely Laviolette will stick with his starter, especially with his club off now 0-1 on this crucial six-game roadtrip. …

Source: http://blogs.CourierPostOnline.com/flyers/2013/02/12/4299/

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
sweet..

happen to have the next winning lotto numbers handy to? ?

Yes, but I won't tell you cause I don't wanna split the jackpot

lines should be

Simmonds - Giroux - Voracek
Read - Briere - Schenn
McGinn - Talbot - Z
Sestito - Fedotenko - Rinaldo

Why split our best line for the past two games? I think jake and Schenn should continue playing together maybe with read. Then put McGinn and Simmonds with g to give him some room and Briere with talbot and z

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The Jets really play well in front of that crowd. If they have another atrocious five minute span like they did against the Leafs, the Jets will absolutely go on a tear against them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad