GDT: Game 14: Detroit Red Wings vs rags | 11/10/2022 | 7:00 PM ET (BSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (10).png

Sunny should be back and Ned might be in net for this one.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
#RedWings lines in practice:
Suter-Larkin-Raymond
Kubalik-Copp-Bertuzzi (for Perron)
Erne-Rasmussen-Sundqvist
Soderblom-Veleno-Czarnik
Chiarot-Seider
Maatta-Hronek
Hagg-Lindstrom
Walman-Oesterle
Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Pysyk in blue non-contact jerseys.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Sit Czarnik. Put Sunny in. Add Berggren to the lineup. Win win win!

Please no Hagg. We’ve been considerably better with Oesterle. Hagg is so so bad

Unfortunately, I think this is setting up for Oesterle playing forward if Sunny isn't ready to go. No other reason to put Hagg in for D, he sucks worse than Oest.

4-2 loss, Hagg winds up being the spacegoat because I spent 3 minutes making this photoshop, and I need a reason to keep posting it.
Haggoat.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: MabusIncarnate

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Somebody truly dislikes Berggren's game. Not sure who, but somebody high up.

They should just trade him if this is how they're going to go about it, honestly. He had a great year last year and now there are 3-4 guys ahead of him to call up from the .500 Griffins? Ridiculous.

Sadly, I agree.

If they think he can only be a one-dimensional guy then dangle him in a trade. Vrana or Bert + Berggren for an upgrade.

Here are a few RFAs that will probably get a nice raise:

Jesper Bratt
Roope Hintz
PLD
Troy Terry
Evan Bouchard

Many more to come as the year progresses.

If Kubalik continues to play the way he has so far then he's a keeper. Moving one of our injured 2nd liners and a prospect for a 2nd line player that is a rock defensively would be the move I would make.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Sadly, I agree.

If they think he can only be a one-dimensional guy then dangle him in a trade. Vrana or Bert + Berggren for an upgrade.

Here are a few RFAs that will probably get a nice raise:

Jesper Bratt
Roope Hintz
PLD
Troy Terry
Evan Bouchard

Many more to come as the year progresses.

If Kubalik continues to play the way he has so far then he's a keeper. Moving one of our injured 2nd liners and a prospect for a 2nd line player that is a rock defensively would be the move I would make.

Vrana ? Bert ? Package one + Berggren for an upgrade? Upgrade of what? Better be a top 2 d-man or a 40+ goal scorer, or it just wont happen. Yzerman doesn't dangle players that way. Also, Vrana, (if this is a substance abuse thing), is the Wings best scorer since Z/Dat/Hossa and wont be going anywhere. People come back from substance abuse way better off, I know I did. Unless we think this is a Bobby Ryan situation, Vrana is basically untouchable going forward.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Vrana ? Bert ? Package one + Berggren for an upgrade? Upgrade of what? Better be a top 2 d-man or a 40+ goal scorer, or it just wont happen. Yzerman doesn't dangle players that way. Also, Vrana, (if this is a substance abuse thing), is the Wings best scorer since Z/Dat/Hossa and wont be going anywhere. People come back from substance abuse way better off, I know I did. Unless we think this is a Bobby Ryan situation, Vrana is basically untouchable going forward.

When did Vrana play a full season and score 40 goals? So far we’ve only seen 2 shortened seasons with high scoring paces under a bad defensive coach.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

They should just trade him if this is how they're going to go about it, honestly. He had a great year last year and now there are 3-4 guys ahead of him to call up from the .500 Griffins? Ridiculous.
Agreed

If he is not in the organizations plans then move him.

He has produced everywhere he has played. If that's not good enough, that's fine, you owe him a chance somewhere else

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

There's no conspiracy theory.

When we needed bodies up in NHL...

1. Matt Luff was Griffins leading scorer, and Berggren was injured.

When we needed another body....

2. Austin Czarnik was Griffins second best scorer, and Berggren was returning from injury..

Now Berggren is maybe Griffins 3rd best scorer, but there's no need for NHL extra body.

When Bertuzzi is coming back, the roster push is down, sending guys back to Griffins.

When the next injury wave will occur, THEN, Berggren has to make sure, that on that time, he is the Griffins best scorer, to deserve a callup. If he doesn't make that happen, the callup doesn't happen.

It's that damn simple. Yzerman will call the best player, because they want to win.

Reactions: Dtybur and Sentinel

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
There's no conspiracy theory.

When we needed bodies up in NHL...

1. Matt Luff was Griffins leading scorer, and Berggren was injured.

When we needed another body....

2. Austin Czarnik was Griffins second best scorer, and Berggren was returning from injury..

Now Berggren is maybe Griffins 3rd best scorer, but there's no need for NHL extra body.

When Bertuzzi is coming back, the roster push is down, sending guys back to Griffins.

When the next injury wave will occur, THEN, Berggren has to make sure, that on that time, he is the Griffins best scorer, to deserve a callup. If he doesn't make that happen, the callup doesn't happen.

It's that damn simple. Yzerman will call the best player, because they want to win.
Their is likely more to it then who is currently atop the Griffins point leader board.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Vrana coming off the program has very little trade value. Teams will take a chance because he can score, but they aren't gonna risk a lot.

Reactions: lilidk

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Have to think the Rangers are going to come out flying tonight after the loss at MSG. The good news is Shesterkin looks human this year so far.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Have to think the Rangers are going to come out flying tonight after the loss at MSG. The good news is Shesterkin looks human this year so far.

They already came out flying against NYI, leading 3-1 after 40min, going 3-2, and still putting offence like hell on the ice... and did lost on the final 10min giving up 3-3 and 3-4 goals. :D

brett89

Jun 29, 2016
i am curious to see where kubs plays on the rare occasion the team is healthy. i dont see how he can go back to the 3rd line after his start. regardless lets go wings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad