6zfyTAy.jpg

tTUyO7X.jpg

j5TLb2L.jpg

Reactions: Summer Rose and MIG

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Without Smitty in net, we've got a good shot.

Not saying Koskinen is worse than Smith, because he isn't by any stretch. But Grease in the Crease always motivates himself most when he's playing against us.

I really want to win this one.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Admittedly the Oilers are doing better than expected, but there is still no scoring beyond the big two (and Neal apparently). Shut them down and I like our chances.

Glad Smitty is sitting this one out. He raises his game against us, plus he's coming off a huge game so you know his head is as big as the Grand Canyon right now.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Unfortunately I was too swamped this weekend to actually be able to watch the Yotes play Colorado... but I loved the result!!

This is another good game, imo. Excited to see how the Yotes can play against some of the game's best players and DT. Especially since it's a back to back... gotta play a solid game.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Very curious to see Dave Tippett Hockey vs. Rick Tocchet Hockey. From a systems standpoint, it's basically Jekyll and Hyde.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Pretty big game in my mind. I know it is super early in the season, but the Coyotes seem to be pushing for the top spot in the division and that's where the Oilers reside. Who would have thought that this would be a good game to watch before the season started.

Reactions: Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I've seen four Oilers games this season. They only looked good in one, but they won three of them because of McDrai.
It's the same story as here. Bend, don't break. Three lines basically hanging on for dear life while the couple offensive players get rested. Only now it's McDavid and Drai going over the boards and getting 24 minutes a night instead of Doan. Which gets better results, until one of those horses go lame.
That roster is pretty bad, so it's not a slam on Tipp, but the games have looked very familiar to me. Three lines exist to simply hang -on and eat clock. Have to stop the big guns, and we've got a good-to-great chance of coming away with points.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Do. Not. Take. Penalties.

Oilers have the 2nd most dangerous PP in the NHL (behind only Boston) and the Coyotes are missing Richardson and Hjalmarsson.
True but they are 1/21 on the PP recently, or close to that, read it somewhere, still need to stay out of the box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad