GDT: Game 14: Columbus vs. Tampa Bay | 11/8 7PM EST

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Oh I can't disagree with that (in general), but Prout was brutal tonight.

You know, I really didn't think he could top some of his recent performances, but man oh man Prout is such a weak point for this hockey club. St. Denis being paired with him helps immensely, would love to see that guy stick with the big club.

Obviously a very disappointing result tonight, but doggone it there is hope that this team is not as bad as they let on to be. Wisniewski being back on the PP really helped. That's what is so frustrating. We know the ability is there if they really want it, it's an effort issue. Really felt bad for Forsberg tonight, he had to have been like (Dr. Evil voice): "throw me a frickin' bone here".

IMO this was finally rock bottom for our team. We will obviously see on Tuesday in DC but I just feel like they collectively made a decision during that 2nd Intermission to end the madness and stop sucking, once and for all. This team has too much pride to let this thing get to 10 games.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Was at the game for two periods. Dad wanted to head home after that due to a bad cold, can't blame him after what we seen.

We aren't going to win many games when we keep fielding AHL lineups due to injuries and poor depth. Was hoping to see Anton Forsberg take control of the #2 job, but he had a tough day. I'm not going to degrade him as much as some fans around me did, because we aren't in a good spot anywhere at the NHL level.

We've dug ourselves a very deep hole to get out of to make the playoffs. I don't think we are making the playoffs this year, unless a miracle happens. Just build through the draft, free agency, trades, and DON'T feed us crap about how all of these 20-22 year old kids are completely ready for big time NHL hockey, when they should be in Springfield developing.

If we do completely tank the rest of the way and end up with a top 5 pick, at least this was the draft to do it.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I agree. I'm so pumped from that third period. Hopefully the reminder of that playoff-style-Jackets-effort will spark the team into the next game.

I will be pumped when they come and play like that in the first period not when the game is out of reach.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Forsberg had a tough night, but it certainty was not all on him. As many have said, the blue line has proven to be much weaker than anticipated and defensive play from the forwards has been wretched. The near-comeback saved me from total depression and kept me in my seat through the end, which is an improvement over my last two games, at least!

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Forsberg had a tough night, but it certainty was not all on him. As many have said, the blue line has proven to be much weaker than anticipated and defensive play from the forwards has been wretched. The near-comeback saved me from total depression and kept me in my seat through the end, which is an improvement over my last two games, at least!

I'll admit that I actually thought about leaving at the end of the 2nd. I only stayed to see if Hartnell would get a hat trick. And then it got entertaining.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I don't think I can take to much from this game. Even in the third with TBL playing well, it was against a team coasting to the finish line trying to get out of here without getting hurt. The first 2 periods were the real game. That should be what you draw from IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad