GDT: Game 14: Colorado Avalanche Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7PM | Yes I did just recycle this thread.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think it's time for the team to take its chances and put GOATesar on waivers. He can draw blood and he can shoot on goal but not score.
Honestly, not really the time just yet since McNabb is still on LTIR. And tbh, I think he's been better than Reaves. However, given Reavo's fan favorite standing, he better not force Glass to be a healthy scratch when McNabb comes back.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Only thing eating at me was the effort wasn't there the last 5 minutes when it mattered most. Overall, yes and I'm not sweating this loss too much. But it does bug me that we didn't match their intensity at the most important phase of regulation.
I think we wanted to cruise I to OT and it backfired

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think we wanted to cruise I to OT and it backfired
Yep. I mean granted, the ensuing goal came less from the COL push and more from a broken play that wasn't really anyone's fault but a consequence of not winning the faceoff. But still. If we'd matched their intensity I think that play doesn't end up happening and we'd at least come away with a point out of this game.

Reactions: hangman005

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Honestly, not really the time just yet since McNabb is still on LTIR. And tbh, I think he's been better than Reaves. However, given Reavo's fan favorite standing, he better not force Glass to be a healthy scratch when McNabb comes back.
Brown is right there. He has filled in well for us before. Not even bringing up Krebs, Dugan, o'regan.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Don't disagree. But just looking at things objectively. I doubt management will want to waive him now.
So we'll send Glass back down when McNabb clears, and Kolesar will be there for us, with turnovers and lost board battles, broken up by the occasional fruitless odd man rush.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So we'll send Glass back down when McNabb clears, and Kolesar will be there for us, with turnovers and lost board battles, broken up by the occasional fruitless odd man rush.
I mean. I'd rather have Cody playing with the HSK than not at all but it's just what I see happening.

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Time to put Glass with the big boys on youre first line and make moves to keep him there ....

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Wonder when Lehner will start. The games have been close enough that the team can’t afford one or two soft goals against him. I feel the same discomfort thinking about him starting as I did with Subban.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hague has had some real strong games as of late, against the speedy Avalanche no less.

Let's not overthink what would otherwise be a 13th forward rookie and what he brings. In a normal season/23 man roster, Kolesar would be a welcome addition.

The problem isn't who they should lose to cut the roster back to 12 forwards, it's how to clear enough cap to carry 13 so they can swap Kolesar & Reaves in & out.

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
That was pretty close to the VGK #1 lineup, McNabb for someone almost as good as him is the only quality change to expect. The Avs were down a lot of key guys yet played them pretty evenly over 2 games both in run of play and goals scored. Take out MacDonald/Gilbert and replace them with Makar/Girard and that's an insane upgrade. Then take out Megna and Dries, who are destined to be career AHLers and replace them with Landeskog and Calvert, pretty big upgrade too. It certainly would even out the 4th line matchup because VGK was fairly dominant in that for the two games.

I think its time for VGK to worry a bit about how they match up. Of course the Avs having a fully healthy team happens for about one game every two seasons so it may not be that big a difference, but just saying I think this 4 game series should give them a lot to consider as we get closer to the TDL. Either work on some new line combos that can match up better, work in another "kid" into the lineup or make a deal if its possible with the cap constraints. Having Kolesar still around certainly isn't something that is going to make a difference.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Looks great! Is Makar finally playing so I don't have to hear about how the score should be 10-0 with Mr Generational?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad