Post-Game Talk: Game 14: Anaheim Ducks vs San Jose Sharks, 5pm PT, BSSC (Ducks win 4-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Ducks DVM

IMG_3528.gif

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
With Groulx in the lineup, Carrick seems to have the green light to go fight. Groulx can play PK if Carrick is in the sin bin, but also can play center, implying can take faceoffs.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
With Groulx in the lineup, Carrick seems to have the green light to go fight. Groulx can play PK if Carrick is in the sin bin, but also can play center, implying can take faceoffs.
He’s always given the green light to fight. But with Johnston playing, he’s not needed to fill that roll. Grouxl isn’t sticking with this team. Jones won’t lose his spot to him.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not going to gloat about our win because we were that team last year but that's where my empathy ends.

I think that SJ team is actually worse. Which is crazy. I wanted a couple of more goals but 4-1 win on a bad team, this is what needed to happen. That 18,19,20yo goal was the best part of the night

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Also. Am I crazy or is a back to back on the road Tues/Wed nuts. Nashville and Colorado are what 11-1200miles apart? Is that a normal back to back w travel distance? Isn’t it usually at most an hr or something by plane between places

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
:m-laugh:
:monkey: With a bazooka Cyclonic Seafood edition

:monkey:
With a bazooka, Gold Lamé Chapeau edition
Goals of the gameGoalsAchieved
Ducks with 35+ shots44 :m-laugh:
Ducks outhit Sharks15-19 :m-hissyfit:
Top line 3+ points 1 :m-hissyfit:
Top 6 3+ goals3 :m-laugh:
Ducks > Sharks on PP%40% - 0%
:m-laugh:
Game ends in regulation:m-laugh:
Bonus PointsSame until it happens
Calder kids >= PPG collectively.2 kids, 2P
:m-cool:
Legit need for “Gudas smash” 2+ timesHit + goal
Terry with more shots than turnovers3S 2A/B 4 MS, 1 GVA
Total
:monkey:
4/6 :m-laugh::m-laugh::m-laugh::m-laugh:+ :m-cool::m-cool::m-cool: = 7/6
:m-dance::m-dance::m-dance::m-dance::m-dance::m-dance::m-dance:

That’s enough to warm the heart of even a poikilotherm like @Leonardo87 !

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I'm not going to gloat about our win because we were that team last year but that's where my empathy ends.

As bad as it was, we knew the D pipeline was about to start delivering, and we already had young forwards contributing. Between McT, Zegras, Terry, Drysdale, the trio of arriving junior dmen, Lacombe, and a likely top 3 pick in a year with 3 elite C prospects ... We could reasonably see a future core taking shape.

SJ is looking at a similarly miserable season, but how much of their future core is in place?

Reactions: duckaroosky

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
I empathize, but I recall viscerally what total asshats their fans who came here during the playoffs were.
Kings fans are just as bad. I know that is just a what about ism.

In the end I tend to be very supportive of fans/fanbases who keep supporting during the dark times. As in if you are still supporting the Sharks this year, the ducks last year, then you are a true fan and not some fair weather fan. One of my biggest gripes in so cal is how much fair weather fandom there is and how often other cities have more fans in the building in soft years(any sport hockey football baseball etc).

I have a huge soft spot when I see Buffalo Sabres since their fandom has been thru it . Despite not being a sabers fan

Reactions: Zegras11

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
It's gotten to the point where I wonder if Seattle regrets not taking McTavish who appears to have a lot more offensive upside than Beniers. There are some players who leave you wanting more, like you think they can do stuff that they rarely, if ever, actually do. Mason is the complete opposite - he keeps doing stuff that i had no idea he was capable of doing. the only thing i'm certain of with him is that his upside appears to be very, very high.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
It's gotten to the point where I wonder if Seattle regrets not taking McTavish who appears to have a lot more offensive upside than Beniers. There are some players who leave you wanting more, like you think they can do stuff that they rarely, if ever, actually do. Mason is the complete opposite - he keeps doing stuff that i had no idea he was capable of doing. the only thing i'm certain of with him is that his upside appears to be very, very high.
I felt since day 1 that I was glad we got Big Mac and not little man beniers

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Best Ducks/Sharks game was 2009 Quarter Finals Game 6.

Starting with Getzlaf/Thornton fight all the way to eliminating the President’s Cup winners.

John
Hiller was fantastic during that series. I remember reading the sharks GDT where someone joking said they should just shoot Hiller and someone replied that he would probably just catch the bullets LOL.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He’s always given the green light to fight. But with Johnston playing, he’s not needed to fill that roll. Grouxl isn’t sticking with this team. Jones won’t lose his spot to him.

That's the point. Johnston has been a big cuddly bear, but not versatile. Carrick is versatile. Groulx is versatile, but he's still developing and 8 years younger than Carrick, 6 years younger than Johnston.

I like Johnston on the 4th line, but we also need to keep an eye on the future. Groulx could be a part of that future. We don't know how long we'll keep Silf and Rico. Guess I'm looking at long term planning than just this year. In the AHL, we have crap this year and last year Groulx was one of our best players. Gaucher feels like many years away.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad