GDT: Game 14/82: Florida Panthers @ Los Angeles Kings | Sat, Nov 7 2015 - 1:00PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Who wanted Muzzin dumped for nothing?

Forbort is not a bust, but I think it's fair to say he has not lived up to where he was picked. Again, not his fault, scouts overrate things that can't be taught such as size. I don't believe he projects as a "fantastic" shutdown defenseman. I think the Kings would be happy if he could be, as Brad Doty said, a better version of Jeff Schultz.

And just for reference, most of the people who were angry about the Forbort pick actually wanted Emerson Etem, not Tarasenko. Etem is no better than Forbort.

What did McEnroe say?

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Looks like the M&M pairing is now the number one pair -- at least based on ice time.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Looks like the M&M pairing is now the number one pair -- at least based on ice time.

They seem to spend the most amount of time with the puck and inside the ozone.

I'd say Martinez has really stepped in to replace Voynov as a top 4 dman. No more having to play cover up for Matt Greene.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
A-Mart and Muzzin are chewing up ice time. That's good for the Kings. They need a strong Second pair.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
They seem to spend the most amount of time with the puck and inside the ozone.

I'd say Martinez has really stepped in to replace Voynov as a top 4 dman. No more having to play cover up for Matt Greene.

That is a great point, Doughty is being weighed down a bit with McNabb but if that is what it takes so be it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm hard on mcbain too but he's been winning puck battles left and right then gets it moving in the blink of an eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad