Laval Rocket: Game 13 vs Utica Comets (1pm on RDS/AHLTv)

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Let's keep the streak alive today gents. Up against the undefeated Utica Comets so certainly our work will be cut out for us, but maybe this is the day CC puts about 50 in the net. ( We can dream, right?)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
RSN? Is that Rogers Sportsnet? I'd watch the Rocket this afternoon if it's on TV here. My guide isn't showing it though.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Here's hoping Caufield nets a few to throw it back to Utica's face.

Utica is undefeated. They've also played the least amount of games in the Division, they're tied for the least amount of games played in the league, actually.

I know they said teams in the same divisions will play a different amount of games this year, which is why it's the points percentage that dictates the standings. But I always found it ridiculous that Laval is playing their 13th game this year and Utica will play their 9th. There probably will come a time in the schedule when Laval has practically a week between games and Utica will have 2 or 3. But I still find it odd that they don't play around the same amount of games at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson and jaffy27

Jul 6, 2016
Here's hoping Caufield nets a few to throw it back to Utica's face.

Utica is undefeated. They've also played the least amount of games in the Division, they're tied for the least amount of games played in the league, actually.

I know they said teams in the same divisions will play a different amount of games this year, which is why it's the points percentage that dictates the standings. But I always found it ridiculous that Laval is playing their 13th game this year and Utica will play their 9th. There probably will come a time in the schedule when Laval has practically a week between games and Utica will have 2 or 3. But I still find it odd that they don't play around the same amount of games at this point.

Same thing happens in the NHL.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Utica has allowed 2 goals or less in every game but one. They allowed 3 in one game and won 6-3.

Good challenge

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah this Utica team is well coached, you can see it by how well they are positioned.

Jul 6, 2016
Yeah this Utica team is well coached, you can see it by how well they are positioned.

Kevin Dineen is a good coach. Lots of experience at NHL and AHL levels. + he coached the Women Canadian Team.

Jul 6, 2016
It helps that this is only the second game for Utica since they played Laval last weekend. And Laval is on a second game in less than 24 hours and a 3rd game in 4 days.

Those back to back games within 12-14 hours are sick.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad