Post-Game Talk: Game #13 vs CGY - Vote for the 3 stars

Who were the 3 best Sens players in the game vs Calgary 11/11/2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
How anyone who watched the game selected Drake Batherson is beyond me. He was terrible again

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Really, Batherson ? He was a disaster.
I guess defensively Batherson wasn't good. I just took a quick look at this thread and made the post. I'm not spending much time here lately with other things on the go.

Reactions: GCK

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I had a tough time picking a 3rd star. Korpi played great and we needed a great goalie performance. M.Jo continued looking strong. After that, it was a tough choice. Most played a little good a little bad

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
How anyone who watched the game selected Drake Batherson is beyond me. He was terrible again
He did get a goal and worked hard to get the puck to Kubalik to setup Chartier's goal so not his worst game.

I don't understand how Korpi isn't #1. If he doesn't stand on his head at the start, we are down by 2 or 3 goals and fall apart. Fans start booing, and fire DJ chants start.
Exactly. Ottawa plays terrible when they fall behind.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He was awful

Hyperbole much?

If every game we had a few forwards that awful, we'd never lose... Scored a goal and created a goal by turning the puck over behind the net

2 shots, 2nd highest ixG on the team, no goals against on-ice, I don't remember extremely bad plays. He probably didn't have a perfect game like it's the case for every player 99% of the time

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hyperbole much?

If every game we had a few forwards that awful, we'd never lose... Scored a goal and created a goal by turning the puck over behind the net

2 shots, 2nd highest ixG on the team, no goals against on-ice, I don't remember extremely bad plays. He probably didn't have a perfect game like it's the case for every player 99% of the time
I don’t care about his points, he is a disaster on the back check, just stands beside the opposition in the slot area, tries at least a couple blind bankhand passes each game, he literally has no clue what he’s doing without the puck I don’t know what’s happened to him but he plays losing hockey.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don’t care about his points, he is a disaster on the back check, just stands beside the opposition in the slot area, tries at least a couple blind bankhand passes each game, he literally has no clue what he’s doing without the puck I don’t know what’s happened to him but he plays losing hockey.

None of the guys who have been here under DJ are playing anywhere close to good defensive hockey (think about Chabot, Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris...) . Guys who play better defensively have been groomed elsewhere (Giroux, Joseph, Greig, even Tarasenko lol)

So it will be fine IF/WHEN we get a proper coaching capable staff of instilling 2-way hockey

Batherson also need Norris to get back to form and a winger like Joseph on LW would do wonders for them

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Joseph - Norris - Batherson
Greig - Pinto - Tarasenko

Just before Pinto is ready to come back, Trade Kubalik for a reliable depth D-man and a pick

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
None of the guys who have been here under DJ are playing anywhere close to good defensive hockey (think about Chabot, Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris...) . Guys who play better defensively have been groomed elsewhere (Giroux, Joseph, Greig, even Tarasenko lol)

So it will be fine IF/WHEN we get a proper coaching capable staff of instilling 2-way hockey

Batherson also need Norris to get back to form and a winger like Joseph on LW would do wonders for them

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Joseph - Norris - Batherson
Greig - Pinto - Tarasenko

Just before Pinto is ready to come back, Trade Kubalik for a reliable depth D-man and a pick
The worst offenders for bad defensive hockey are Batherson, Tkachuk and Stutzle.

Stutzle, he’s not terrible defensively at all, his issues are mostly bad turnovers.

Tkachuk is sometimes decent in zone but not usually, one thing he does well is take the proper assignment on the back check.

Batherson is bad in zone, doesn’t engage and almost never makes the proper read even when he works hard on the back check. Batherson makes his linemates look bad defensively. He’s broken.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The worst offenders for bad defensive hockey are Batherson, Tkachuk and Stutzle.

Stutzle, he’s not terrible defensively at all, his issues are mostly bad turnovers.

Tkachuk is sometimes decent in zone but not usually, one thing he does well is take the proper assignment on the back check.

Batherson is bad in zone, doesn’t engage and almost never makes the proper read even when he works hard on the back check. Batherson makes his linemates look bad defensively. He’s broken.

No, and you'll see why eventually. Keep in mind we have been stuck with Dorion for 8 years and DJ Smith for 5 years...

Batherson will never be a Mark Stone but he could be adequate in the right system with the right linemates. Again, he has never played in an efficient system at the NHL level.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad