GDT: Game 13: Vegas Golden Knights @ Anaheim Ducks | 5:00PM | This seems like a trap

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
star-wars-its-a-trap.gif

:vegas :ducks
Vegas Golden Knights @ Anaheim Ducks
5th November 2023 | 5:00PM
Honda Center | Anaheim, CA

:vegas

VGK-F.jpg

VGK-D.jpg

VGK-G.jpg

:ducks

tumblr_p4uqieQyd71wkjsqno1_400.gif

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Carrier has shown some silky mitts today on top of his goal scoring the past few seasons. This is his chance to play up the lineup. If he can work there that opens up possibilities for us.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
What makes me mad is bad reffing turned this game.

The removal of our powerplay earlier then stupid positioning by a ref denying Carrier a breakaway then immediately missing Carrick's high stick but calling Pachal and they score on that powerplay to get them going.

They have four shots this period. I would have been fine with a loss but this feels like bad referees turned the tide. I know you have to deal with it but it's more annoying that we weren't just outplayed.

Reactions: WhataKnight

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
What makes me mad is bad reffing turned this game.

The removal of our powerplay earlier then stupid positioning by a ref denying Carrier a breakaway then immediately missing Carrick's high stick but calling Pachal and they score on that powerplay to get them going.

They have four shots this period. I would have been fine with a loss but this feels like bad referees turned the tide. I know you have to deal with it but it's more annoying that we weren't just outplayed.
I disagree.... we had the opportunities and we blew them, time after time. The 3rd period was just attrocious but the execution even on the most basic plays wasn't there.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I disagree.... we had the opportunities and we blew them, time after time. The 3rd period was just attrocious but the execution even on the most basic plays wasn't there.

That's true but it's also true they got back in the game from that comedy of errors by the refs. Maybe they win anyway but I think we're heavily favored if they call that 4 on 4 as they should, or at the very least take it to OT to extend the point streak.

You have to deal with it and you hope it evens out I'm just saying it's annoying such a cool thing with the points to start a season ends with a big assist from that in a game we were clearly better instead of just getting beat.

That said, I was going to question starting Hill against the Avs instead of rewarding Thompson for being in my opinion the better goalie through the first ten games, but then Hill pitches a 41 save shutout to the Avs and Thompson lets in 3 of 4 against the Ducks.

I've always felt Thompson was the better goalie but this may just be a season long battle for the starting position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad