GDT: Game 13: Seattle Kraken(6-4-2) @ Pittsburgh Penguins(4-6-2) - 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After winning three in a row and both on their short road trip so far, the Kraken are headed to the steel city to face Sydney Crosby, Evgeny Malkin and the rest of the Penguins for the second time within one week.

The Kraken are trying to finish this short three game road trip with a perfect record, while getting their fourth straight win.
The Penguins, on the other hand, are desperate for a win having gone 0-5-1 during their last six games.

------------------------------------------------
Where?
PPG Paints Arena, Pittsburgh, PA
fd9c7f1d-cf9f-4337-9d55-b146df535480_2200f99a241e55606b0e5da9ea141a39.jpg

When?
04:00 p.m. PT / 06:00 pm. ET / 12:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ROOT-NW, ATTSN-PT

-------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Be aware of the neutral zone

The Pens are a team that likes to take away the neutral zone and make things tough on opponents to try and enter their zone.
The Kraken need to be aware of that and try to replicte their effort from last week or their win in Minnesota.

2) Be smart with the puck
Like stated above, the Pens like to make things tough on you in the neutral zone and like we've seen last week you can't just pass the puck somehwere, without looking first, or you'll be punished like we were on that goal after Oleksiak's bad pass.
So you've got to take care of the puck, try to limit those turnovers and don't feed into the game the Pens love so much.

3) Keep on rollin(offensively)
The Kraken are one of the better offensive teams in the league so far having scored 42 goals during their first twelve games.
The biggest reason for that is the fact that this is a team effort with everyon passing/sharing the puck and being rewarded with goals themselves.
That shows with 19 diffferent players already having scored for the Kraken and the team just needs to keep on doing their thing offensively to keep on pressuring the opponents.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Jaden Schwartz: 5(G) - 5(A) ---> 10 points
Andre Burakovxky: 3(G) - 7(A) ---> 10 points
Matty Beniers: 5(G) - 4(A) ---> 9 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 23:08 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 22:45 TOI/Game
Alex Wennberg: 19:04 TOI/Game

Netminders:
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
Sidney Crosby: 5(G) - 7(A) ---> 12 points
Evgeny Malkin: 5(G) - 7(A) ---> 12 points
Bryan Rust: 4(G) - 4(A) ---> 8 points

Work Load:
Kris Letang: 23:24 TOI/Game
Jeff Petry: 21:28 TOI/Game
Brian Dumoulin: 20:45 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Tristan Jarry: 4-2-1 / .904(SV%) / 3.42 GAA
Casey DeSmith: 0-1-1 / .904(SV%) / 3.25 GAA
--------------------------------------------------

The Kraken are at the end of their short three game road trip and hav won three in a row while the Pens are in dire need of a win.

So far that has usually led to a loss for the Kraken(I mean, not really having won three in a row given that this only happend once before) and it's now up to the team to try and finish this road trip strong to keep on building momentum.

I'd expect a pretty desperate Penguins team trying to use every trick up their sleeves and I hope the Kraken, with the confidence of a three game winning streak, are able to play their game and make things tough on Pittsburg.

Anyways, we should be in for an interesting one and as always....
giphy.gif

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
What chance do Penguins have against Krakens?. Let's keep the streak going.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Soak up a lot of pressure? What the hell does that mean? C'mon. Let's have some hockey people commenting on the game not some Newbie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad