GDT: Game 13: Red Wings vs vgk 6:00 pm et 11/7/21 (BSD)

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I have a bad feeling about this one. Yesterday I think we got lucky, but today we're playing against very good team

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
The team needs to address the situation because at this point its just leading to wild speculation. Obviously whatever it is, is bad because players don't just miss games and practice for fun.
Honestly, there's really only one thing it can be. Talking about it seems taboo, especially because it is still technically speculation. So we'll continue to beat around the bush and say coy things like "whatever it is, I hope he comes back ready to play..."

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Honestly, there's really only one thing it can be. Talking about it seems taboo, especially because it is still technically speculation. So we'll continue to beat around the bush and say coy things like "whatever it is, I hope he comes back ready to play..."
Why one thing?
Death of something close
Caught Rona from Bert
Nagging injury
Mental health
Hates his linemates/situation/coach
Just off the top of my head.

Reactions: r0bert8841

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Why one thing?
Death of something close
Caught Rona from Bert
Nagging injury
Mental health
Hates his linemates/situation/coach
Just off the top of my head.
Because there's only one, maybe two things on that list that would make an entire organization shut their mouths up about. Or that a captain would just disappear for.

Reactions: ricky0034

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
D0E5061E-418C-4B2F-8EB3-77ECBDD672DE.jpeg

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
Cancer diagnosis
Suspected and being questioned in Capitol insurrection
Just came out and is processing
Be creative!

He's having equipment allergies.
Yzerman wants better odds for the draft lottery.
Caught a nasty case of the clap from a whore in Toronto.
Adbucted by aliens and is dealing with an existential crisis... as will as general soreness from the probing.
Wanted to be in Dallas for the reappearance of JFK Jr.
Is suffering from Havana Syndrome.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Cancer diagnosis
Suspected and being questioned in Capitol insurrection
Just came out and is processing
Be creative!
You know...the season didn't start until 14 Jan 2021....

But in all seriousness, I hope he's OK. I don't think any of us are really that concerned about squeaking into the playoffs so we can be bounced in 5 games by Tampa Bay. I think all of us here are just left to worry about this guy who we've grown fond of from afar, and that's why we're irritated by the secrecy, even though he's entitled to his privacy.

Reactions: TheOtherOne

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
Only 3 of those scenarios fit, #1 Death of a family member #2 Nagging injury possibly his neck. #3 Mental health issue. The rest are just too crazy to think about.
Honestly I think we can rule out death in the family. He's from Michigan and a DRW. Someone would have mentioned a close death. He's from Waterford and his folks are know well enough by media. I think he has a brother, but again we'd have heard. Not to mention death isn't a week + hush-hush event. I keep thinking about Toews from last year. Something medical that isn't sorted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad