GDT: Game #13 : Kings @ Coyotes - Tuesday, 10/29/’13 @ 7:00 pm PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Our first big test tomorrow against the Guppies. Tomorrows game should show how good the kings really are.

Nah, it's just one game. Too many factors can throw things off in a single game (hot goalie, fatigue, bad reffing). It's been 13 games now (plus a bunch last year), that show it's very evident that we have issues on LW, bottom six, and offensive skill level. Nothing that happens tomorrow is changing that

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Clifford has energy and speed out there, but he never accomplishes anything. He isn't Stoll bad by any stretch, but he is strictly a 4th line lw who doesn't look like he has much growth left. There has been none from 2011 to now, kind of unrealistic to expect him to suddenly find his game.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The problem I'm seeing is that this team is hardly generating any second or third scoring chances. Not jumping on rebounds, probably because they are rarely generating those opportunities. Their main source of attack is coming down the wing and taking a low quality shot from the outside. Hardly any net crashing or crisp passing.

Taking what the Defensive gives them, These same players drove the net more consistently during the Cup run.

It's a will thing....Wanting to drive the net....They don't have yet.

No one seems to want to pay the price early in the season here.

Including the High priced Top six players.

KingKopitar11*

The problem I'm seeing is that this team is hardly generating any second or third scoring chances. Not jumping on rebounds, probably because they are rarely generating those opportunities. Their main source of attack is coming down the wing and taking a low quality shot from the outside. Hardly any net crashing or crisp passing.

It's hard to do that much when there is no momentum being generated by the entire team, this team has too many grinders to generate quality puck movement. Some moves have to be made so the kings can hang with contending teams in puck movement.

KingKopitar11*

Nah, it's just one game. Too many factors can throw things off in a single game (hot goalie, fatigue, bad reffing). It's been 13 games now (plus a bunch last year), that show it's very evident that we have issues on LW, bottom six, and offensive skill level. Nothing that happens tomorrow is changing that

You see how our team looks with a real contender tomorrow. They are the hardest team we play so far into the season. And the hottest.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
And by the way, the "spoiled" crap has got to go. If the Kings are going to be considered a legitimate Cup contender then there are standards that should be lived up to, which include scoring more than 2 ****ing goals a game occasionally.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
And by the way, the "spoiled" crap has got to go. If the Kings are going to be considered a legitimate Cup contender then there are standards that should be lived up to, which include scoring more than 2 ****ing goals a game occasionally.

Meh who cares,

KingKopitar11*

I know, I watched the kings before 2000. It's not being spoiled, the Kings raised the bar winning the cup. If they don't play like that team we have every right to criticize them for their poor performance. I've spent many years watching this team suck, I have every reason to be ragging on them after a cup win. Especially playing like this.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Not much energy tonight...Nolan has looked like he at least cares.

He has had a very good start to the season.

KingKopitar11*

Brown has to get off the 3rd line, others need to go back to their natural positions and Dean needs to get 2 left wingers stat.

Completely agreed. The 3rd line experiment failed the first day.

We need those 2 left wingers badly. And get some chemistry going. This terry murray line juggling routine isn't helping with chemistry.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Homers are gonna be homers.

I hate to agree with the Ducks fan in the other thread but he is right, the same homers who said the Ducks and Sharks were flukey last year with all their shootout wins and loser points are now the first ones to say "We are 8-4, we are great" even though half the wins are shootout.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

I hate to agree with the Ducks fan in the other thread but he is right, the same homers who said the Ducks and Sharks were flukey last year with all their shootout wins and loser points are now the first ones to say "We are 8-4, we are great" even though half the wins are shootout.

You're a funny guy. :laugh:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

Who says it stays that way though ? The season is 82 games long.

If this was FEB/March then I could see that argument being valid.

What if EDM game is the last Shootout the Kings win or play in ?

The Ducks went out in the first round...Wonder why....SJ couldn't get passed the Kings...

KingKopitar11*

Exactly. 8-4 thanks to skill competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad