GDT: Game 13: Kazakhstan Vs Sweden | 9AM EST 3PM CET

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Imo, Holtz needs to show more in these tournaments to be considered as high a draftpick as he is.

Edit: I should probably clarify, I mean in terms of effort. He looks downright disinterested at times.

What? He is one of the hardest workers on the ice.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
What? He is one of the hardest workers on the ice.

I know he is usually commended for his effort. I've seen it in the SHL but whenever I've watched him play internationally lately, I've come away dissappointed. That being said, last year was completely different.

Out of the two, Raymond is the more outstanding player to me.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I know he is usually commended for his effort. I've seen it in the SHL but whenever I've watched him play internationally lately, I've come away dissappointed. That being said, last year was completely different.

Out of the two, Raymond is the more outstanding player to me.

Raymond is a puck-mover with better speed, hands and playmaking ability. He is bound to be much more noticeable on the ice. Holtz is a sniper and is usually at the right place at the right moment. As a double-underager, I do not think we should expect much more at this point. Historically, very few players this young have been dominant at the world juniors.

Comparing Holtz playing with the U20 team vs U18 team (last spring, only one year underage), the difference is he that he was then capable to deke his opponents, control the puck much more and create more scoring chances. Next year at the world juniors, you should be able to see him doing the same stuff at U20 level.

I think Raymond is having a really good game. Hope he gets to put one behind the Kazak goalie

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Imo, Holtz needs to show more in these tournaments to be considered as high a draftpick as he is.

Edit: I should probably clarify, I mean in terms of effort. He looks downright disinterested at times.
17 year old Lefreniere had 1 point in this tournament. Underages rarely dominates.

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Björnfot is having a way better game today. Norlinder and Ginning are weak though.

Aaand as soon as I said that he starts messing up.

Last edited:

cc

Feb 28, 2002
It felt like monten was conserving the energy of some players by playing them less in the third period

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad