GDT: GAME 13: HABS @ WINGS | Slip Slidin' | Thurs. Nov. 9th, 2023, 7PM -- RDS, TSN2, TSN690, 98.5FM

Will the Habs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's been a gruesome month of November so far for the Habs, having suffered 3 losses at the hands of the Yotes (away), Blues (away) and Bolts (home).

The Bolts game was a shock to the system as freshly minted Molson Cup winner, Jacques Alain, was pulled after allowing 4 first period goals. The Habs never recovered but did come within 2 goals, only to see their hopes dashed by untimely, boneheaded plays.

Which led to a now all too familiar pose struck from the bench.

Ubib40F.gif

The Habs downspiraling happened immediately after the October 27th game in Vegas, which had prompted MSL to claim that this was the best performance his team had offered since he was named head coach. Coincidence? Maybe.

Perhaps Marty's going to have to adapt his messaging so as not to heap too much praise upon his players, in the event they should become complacent.

Already, we have seen the usually exuberant, positive and optimistic Marty handle things differently in the Habs' dressing room, following Wednesday's practice, just before the team headed out to Detroit that afternoon.

7NZaeMi.gif

Predictably, the losses have affected how the fan base is now responding to the team.

When the team was winning, some HFers were even entertaining playoff hopes. However, the string of losses caused others to change their tune to glass half empty mode. Unperturbed, are a large contingent of staunch rebuilders/ tankers who are far less concerned with how much of the glass is filled but by what's in it.

DOsoWWB.jpg

A trip to the Motor City now has a whole other meaning.

lUqc63e.gif

Several current Habs teammates are still very fond of Petry, who was traded to his hometown team on August 15th for a modest return, all part of Kent Hughes' approach to try and accommodate outgoing players by soft-landing them to where they want to be. It likely creates goodwill for players who will sign with the Habs in the future, all part of making it easier for them to choose Montreal as a destination.

Speaking of Petry, bet you didn't see this coming ...

Looking like some fans are still finding out. TSN will probably keep using this as filler material during their broadcasts.

However, a lesser known item, is how Jeff Petry changed his jersey number in order to do this:

Cool that he chose to honor his dad that way.

Meantime, the Habs D has just cratered. There was the Savard injury, followed by Billy Madison completely self-destructing in the past two weeks. Some posited that he may be hiding an injury, however, if that were the case, why would he be logging so many minutes every game?

Even the normally reliable Johnathan Kovacevic has seen his game slip, unlike his solid, cop-like patrolling ways.

b0skWpB.gif

Kovacop suits Kovacevic perfectly -- he's got that squarish jawline, imposing stature, a mean resting face and can become a loose cannon on occasion. Props once again to @Deebs for the moniker.

Oh, it's that time of year again ...

DxcIXvb.gif

Finally, in other news, we could not let it go unnoticed that le p'tit Davide Desharnais will see the jersey that he wore in juniors, be retired in a ceremony next year. He's certainly come a long way ...

BWjAibeCMAAQtbh.jpg:small

CNB6b8J.jpg

uFiVEKV.gif

LINEUPS

vtCNkXt.gif

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
It's been a gruesome month of November so far for the Habs, having suffered 3 losses at the hands of the Yotes (away), Blues (away) and Bolts (home).

Several current Habs teammates are still very fond of Petry, who was traded to his hometown team on August 15th for a modest return, all part of Kent Hughes' approach to try and accommodate outgoing players by soft-landing them to where they want to be. It likely creates goodwill for players who will sign with the Habs in the future, all part of making it easier for them to choose Montreal as a destination.

Speaking of Petry, bet you didn't see this coming ...

Looking like some fans are still finding out. TSN will probably keep using this as filler material during their broadcasts.

However, a lesser known item, is how Jeff Petry changed his jersey number in order to do this:

Cool that he chose to honor his dad that way.

Meantime, the Habs D has just cratered. There was the Savard injury, followed by Billy Madison completely self-destructing in the past two weeks. Some posited that he may be hiding an injury, however, if that were the case, why would he be logging so many minutes every game?

Even the normally reliable Johnathan Kovacevic has seen his game slip, unlike his solid, cop-like patrolling ways.

b0skWpB.gif

Kovacop suits Kovacevic perfectly -- he's got that squarish jawline, imposing stature, a mean resting face and can become a loose cannon on occasion. Props once again to @Deebs for the moniker.

Finally, in other news, we could not let it go unnoticed that le p'tit Davide Desharnais will see the jersey that he wore in juniors, be retired in a ceremony next year. He's certainly come a long way ...

BWjAibeCMAAQtbh.jpg:small

CNB6b8J.jpg

uFiVEKV.gif

LINEUPS TBA

Seeing as you are creating many, if not most, of the GDTs, I think we should no longer call them GDTs but Runner 77's Corner or Runner Says.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Davey D night baby! I will be sporting my 51 jersey. Nothing beats that.

As far as Habs... I don't have a good feeling. Will be seeing more of the Marty pose behind the bench. My man Yoel will try his best but the team is so sad even the Great Yoel cannot carry then on his broan Scandinavian shoulders no more.

I don't have a good feeling.

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Seeing as you are creating many, if not most, of the GDTs, I think we should no longer call them GDTs but Runner 77's Corner or Runner Says.
I was gonna say that seeing how he creates most of GDT's maybe he should get a job :D.

We no have enough fat cats... Therefor we lose :laugh:
Monty and Savard count for 2 each.

The Therrien's pic might have caused some damage to my brain. Too early in the morning.
Secretly, and some not so secretly, we all want Michael Therrien 3.0 back behind the bench. This team needs da structure and to grind diz guys. Ooh... bring Davey D to coach PP.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The few games I've watched of the Wings they've looked solid and hard to play against. This will not be an easy road game, expecting another lost quite frankly

I feel like Matheson has been a big part of our recent skid. He has made a lot of bad resds and plays that have led to scoring chances and goals.

Can he get it together/get healthy? If so, how much of an impact on the team will that have?

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I feel like Matheson has been a big part of our recent skid. He has made a lot of bad resds and plays that have led to scoring chances and goals.

Can he get it together/get healthy? If so, how much of an impact on the team will that have?
He's been terrible as of late. If and when he figures it out, he's an impact defensman for our team and we'll be better because of it.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

He has been very bad of late, not sure if he will be able to turn things around before Savard gets back and takes ice time back from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad