GDT: Game #13| Feb. 11, 2013|Flyers at Maple Leafs |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
Good luck to you guys, here's hoping for a good game

Ditto to you guys.

The anti-LSchenn TOR group seemed like a vocal minority. Both players seem to be gelling with their new teams--hopefully they'll both play well tomorrow.

Except actually hopefully: Won't hope for another foot injury, but would be nice for us if JVR lapses into invisible mode.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
No we don't. Who the hell keeps coming up with this crap? There's a few idiots who talked bad about Schenn but for the most part he was a fan favourite. Anybody talking trash now is just doing a little ribbing because he's an opponent now.

I've read plenty of times of how Burke fleeced Homer and how much Luke Schenn sucks but no I don't mean all fans are saying it.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Reimer sucks. His glove might be the worst in the NHL. Serious.

Kessel will get neutralized by the physical defense. Dude disappears when the going gets tough.

JvR will be invisible like usual.

Phaneuf (aka Captain Derp) will be a pylon like usual.

Cliffs: Leafs will be the Leafs.

False
False
False
And
False

But best of luck anyways.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I've read plenty of times of how Burke fleeced Homer and how much Luke Schenn sucks.

I won't doubt that you have because there were 2-3 idiots who would say that kind of crap often. Unfortunately, they were the most vocal too. I won't name them but if you've paid attention to the usernames you've probably noticed it too. Check out our board anytime, in our GDT most of us even said we're happy to see Luke back and hope he's doing well. Aside from the extreme homers, we never had a reason to hate the guy. Hell, many Leaf fans have even come here and posted in the Luke Schenn thread to see if he was doing well, the thread itself was even started by a Leaf fan :laugh:

Anyway I'll stop cluttering your GDT guys :) Enjoy the game tomorrow, cheers!

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario

Kessel will get neutralized by the physical defense. Dude disappears when the going gets tough.

:facepalm:

You clearly haven't watched the leafs this year dude. Reimer has been unreal for us so far this year, you could count on two fingers the amount of goals he has given up high glove side. His .929 SV% is also better than a certain Philly starting goaltender..

Kessel had the game winner against Winnipeg in the 3rd period only nights ago. Not exactly 'disappearing when the going gets tough'.

JVR has been one of our top players this year, and was only invisible his first 2 games. It was also suspected he was playing through a foot injury at this time.

And Phaneuf has been our shut down defender, playing his best hockey since joining the team. Man; if you're going to comment, make it an educated or calculated one. Throwing out all of these false statements just makes you look plain dumb.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
I won't doubt that you have because there were 2-3 idiots who would say that kind of crap often. Unfortunately, they were the most vocal too. I won't name them but if you've paid attention to the usernames you've probably noticed it too. Check out our board anytime, in our GDT most of us even said we're happy to see Luke back and hope he's doing well. Aside from the extreme homers, we never had a reason to hate the guy. Hell, many Leaf fans have even come here and posted in the Luke Schenn thread to see if he was doing well, the thread itself was even started by a Leaf fan :laugh:

Anyway I'll stop cluttering your GDT guys :) Enjoy the game tomorrow, cheers!

Win-Win trade. We needed potential in defense and you guys needed a potential scoring forward.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Yeah, it seems like a huge game for both teams. It'll be a good one for sure :handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I Believe in G-Sus
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia
Stole this from NHL Memes on Facebook:

MapleLeafs.jpg

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
[mod]

flyers 1-5 on the road Leafs 1-4 at home something gotta give

Last edited by a moderator:

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT

Ex-Flyers always seem to tally some against the Flyers.

Flyers show up uninspired, JVR starts the scoring to provide a spark for the Flyers to wake up...game goes into OT, Leafs win the shootout.

ninetynine*

Shelley should be in against an extremely tough Leafs team. The leads have two heavyweights on their 4th lines that bullied Montreal the other day(Orr and McLaren) not to mention Mike Brown.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Shelley should be in against an extremely tough Leafs team. The leads have two heavyweights on their 4th lines that bullied Montreal the other day(Orr and McLaren) not to mention Mike Brown.

Don't dress Shelley. Their 4th line is useless if they don't have any fighting partners. Although I could see Rinaldo fighting Brown as he'd be in over his head with Orr/McLaren.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006

Shelley should stay in the pressbox. Orr and McLaren are worthless.

ninetynine*

Shelley should stay in the pressbox. Orr and McLaren are worthless.

No NHLl player is worthless. They'll just take runs at guys if they don't have a dance partner thry get pissed off (I would too). They,ve played fine as well, just set up a goal last game. Sometimes you need to step it up and Shelley can fight Orr.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Dude, you don't need to spread lies, seriously. Most of us were big Schenn fans and were sad to see him go. He was a great player who gave it his all when he was here, unfortunately that ****ing idiot Ron Wilson ruined him here. I actually hope the best for the guy in Philly because he was as genuine as they came.

Good luck to you guys, here's hoping for a good game.

No we don't. Who the hell keeps coming up with this crap? There's a few idiots who talked bad about Schenn but for the most part he was a fan favourite. Anybody talking trash now is just doing a little ribbing because he's an opponent now.

This is just how message boards work. Especially on hfboards. 1 or 2 fans say something, and the entire fanbase gets called out. Happens to us too.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Lots of Leafs fans in here!!! Good luck with the game and the rest of your season ladies and gentlemen, should be a good game, JVR will have a beast of a game, hopefully Luke engages beast mode also, here's to Claude being the most overated player in the NHL, sooooo just get a W boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad