GDT: Game 13: Detroit Red Wings vs habs | 11/8/2022 | 7:00 PM ET (BSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

Husso should be in net, lineups should be known later today.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/detroit-red-wings/line-combinations/

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Playing at home with momentum against a weaker opponent. I like the odds.

Gotta win at least one of the two home games before the 4 game road trip, 3 in CA. I think they revert to being shitty on the road and drop a game to LA and one of the cellar dwellers (ANA or SJS).

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Playing at home with momentum against a weaker opponent. I like the odds.

Gotta win at least one of the two home games before the 4 game road trip, 3 in CA. I think they revert to being shitty on the road and drop a game to LA and one of the cellar dwellers (ANA or SJS).
The dreded Cali road trip used to be the destroyer of momentum. You'd have to play Perry and Getzlafs Ducks, then Thornton and Marleaus Sharks, and then Kopitar, Brown, and Doughty on the Kings. Very tough to play against. Now it's meh.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The dreded Cali road trip used to be the destroyer of momentum. You'd have to play Perry and Getzlafs Ducks, then Thornton and Marleaus Sharks, and then Kopitar, Brown, and Doughty on the Kings. Very tough to play against. Now it's meh.
Yeah, the CA teams suck but the Wings suck on road trips. I think this NYR game was just an anomaly, lol. I was surprised they didn't collapse in the 3rd like usual. Pretty funny when you're excited about a 0-0 3rd period.

The other thing about his team the past few years was a lack of consistency in effort, so we'll see how long they can keep his up. Everyone's playing like it's a contract year, even the guys signed for next year (Chia, Perron, Kuby, etc).

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Kind of sure wins against SJS and ANA, and one point loss for LAK.

That would be very very nice road trip result, and pure realism.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
If we are thinking this season is going to end in making the playoffs, this is a game LaLonde should have circled once leaving MSG last night. Take care of the Habs, go out to Cali riding momentum and pile drive Cali into the Pacific. Gotta hammer these teams and take care of business.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

That would be very very nice road trip result, and pure realism.
In a vacuum maybe, in the real world a 3 game road trip across the country has an affect on players. I'd be pleased with 3 of 6 points.

Reactions: Konnan511

N0cturne

Jul 10, 2022
Can we show up after a day off and play good hockey? I hope, so we're due to play a good game. I'm thinking a goal for Razor, Seider, and two for Perron tmrw.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The team is not at the point where any game is a sure win. They are winning purely based on effort, and that is a hard thing to do for 82 games. Plus they suck on the road.

Another factor is that this team has a habit of making bad goalies look good, and ANA/SJS are scoring about the same pace as the Wings. Karlsson appears to be having a bounce back season, though I have not watched any games.

Reactions: 14ari13 and RRhoads

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
The team is not at the point where any game is a sure win. They are winning purely based on effort, and that is a hard thing to do for 82 games. Plus they suck on the road.

Another factor is that this team has a habit of making bad goalies look good, and ANA/SJS are scoring about the same pace as the Wings. Karlsson appears to be having a bounce back season, though I have not watched any games.
Yeah, agree. They win on effort. If they can figure out how to get out of the D-zone quicker, it should tax a lot less.

Not sure how to look at what Anaheim and San Jose has done this year. Their conference is weak, and so is their division. Too lazy to look who they've played against lol

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Luff and Czarnik sent down. So Sundqvist and ?
Might have been a paper move? Though if Sundqvist is back, that makes Luff redundant. And if they're ready to call Berggren up, he makes Czarnik redundant.

Kubalik - Larkin - Raygun
Erne - Copp - Perron
Elmer - Ras - Sunny
Berggren - Veleno - Suter

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Ok. CapFriendly is usually reliable. But could be a paper move I guess.
If it's a paper move, it'll be reflected on CapFriendly too, they do a good job tracking every move to keep those cap numbers accurate. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
If we are thinking this season is going to end in making the playoffs, this is a game LaLonde should have circled once leaving MSG last night. Take care of the Habs, go out to Cali riding momentum and pile drive Cali into the Pacific. Gotta hammer these teams and take care of business.
They can't take any opponent lightly. They did it vs NJD and Sabres and got their a..... handed to them allowing 14 goals. They have to play a perfect game.
Yeah, agree. They win on effort. If they can figure out how to get out of the D-zone quicker, it should tax a lot less.

Not sure how to look at what Anaheim and San Jose has done this year. Their conference is weak, and so is their division. Too lazy to look who they've played against lol
6 out of 7 bottom teams are west conference teams. West is very weak compared to east this season.
Might have been a paper move? Though if Sundqvist is back, that makes Luff redundant. And if they're ready to call Berggren up, he makes Czarnik redundant.

Erne - Copp - Perron
Elmer - Ras - Sunny
The 4th line is very small one.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Erne - Copp - Perron
Elmer - Ras - Sunny
I will bet a 6 pack that we see Hagg AND Oesterle play in the same game before we see Berggren this season.

Reactions: lilidk and Henkka

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I will bet a 6 pack that we see Hagg AND Oesterle play in the same game before we see Berggren this season.
You think Yzerman has completely written him off?
I think they will give him a chance, unless team is healthy and in playoffs hunt.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You think Yzerman has completely written him off?
I think they will give him a chance, unless team is healthy and in playoffs hunt.
No, Stevie hasn't. Fester has him below Luff and Czarnik. Luff just scored, it's a paper move. Fester seems real conservative with his call up choices,

Plus the team is in the playoff hunt until eliminated. Right now the team is top 11 or something, right?

Reactions: lilidk

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
It has to do with the fact that Berggren won't be called up to be the 13th forward or play on the 4th line. Now with Zadina out, we might see him soon.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Holy crap. I think I need to get Sarna's dry rub wings.

I plan on being Very Drunk for the gamewatchthread.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It has to do with the fact that Berggren won't be called up to be the 13th forward or play on the 4th line. Now with Zadina out, we might see him soon.
Czarnik was called up for Zadina. Luff for Sunny. It's all paper transactions, they've got 11 forwards including Sunny right now.

Interesting that they're concerned with a few bucks of cap space. I remember Stevie did that his first season and never used it though.

The only way I see Bergy getting called up is if he trades places with Elmer. I have not been impressed with Elmer anywhere behind the center line. Awful defensively, hot potato with the puck, and doesn't help the transition game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad