GDT: Game #13 - CBJ at STL - 1 Nov, 8pm

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Reading the Dispatch story, it hardly seems like the same game as described here.

Torts can’t bench Milano even if he wants to do that. Even he can see that Sonny is one of the few players providing any offense. Remove him & they r down to PLD & Bjork.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
E27FDCF0-4AF6-4717-8300-1CAE7EA10D0C.jpeg
Me: Will Cam score a goal?
Zoltar: Yes
Me: This month?
Zoltar: Another dollar, please.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Everyone on the ice thought he was going to shoot there. Anderson being a late trailer made it easy for that shot to get off after he threaded it through Jones. (who in theory should have been able to close off the passing lane there) Sucks but I don't place a ton of blame on Elvis there. He was aggressive on the play but I've also seen people complain about Korpi not being aggressive enough and challenging shooters. I guess goalies are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Play the shooter but don't slide three feet out at that angle. It took him completely out of the play if there was a pass.

Both goalies have been erring on the side of being too aggressive.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
My point on Wennberg was he’s never going to be a top 6 player, and him and Nash are essentially the same player . I agree Wennberg was good defensively, he just refuses to shoot the puck , and we have a gaping hole down the middle in our organization .

Wennberg is what he is, another Brule. Nash at least takes chances on offense, Wenny gets nervous crossing the redline. IDK why they have Charlie Brown out there on the PP when Nash could at least chip in some.

I had to check if I was in some time-warp or something. This just happened:

That's a Wennberg shot leading directly to a goal.

Reactions: Viqsi

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
6th-worst differential in the league. Special teams are bad. Defense is bad. Goaltending is bottom 5 in the league. Offense is meh.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I also don't know what more to say, Korpisalo > > Merzlikins..

And please, look at the difference in their ages.
I disagree. I think they are pretty close in performance so far. If one was greater than the other we’d we a significant difference in team performance when they play. We equally suck in front of both of them.

also Elvis is like 2 weeks older than Korpisalo so I don’t understand .

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
6th-worst differential in the league. Special teams are bad. Defense is bad. Goaltending is bottom 5 in the league. Offense is meh.

Yeah, I highly doubt we make the playoffs, but it can be a season to let the young players grow and develop and find out if we have a goalie of the future on the roster. Top 10 pick will further add to a really nice prospect pool.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Yeah, I highly doubt we make the playoffs, but it can be a season to let the young players grow and develop and find out if we have a goalie of the future on the roster. Top 10 pick will further add to a really nice prospect pool.

Our prospect pool is nearly-universally ranked in the bottom 10.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
That’s my thought , get rid of torts , let the young guys play and develop. Swing for the fences for a Sheldon Keefe , get some positive momentum here . Columbus could easily be a destination to attract free agents if we for once would hire a coach that didn’t thrive in the early 2000’s . Move TEXIER to center when he’s healthy , if he can fill that #2 spot or eventually challenge Pld for #1 spot, then the franchise will be cooking

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Not surprised by anything with this team right now. They are playing about what I expected up front (struggling to score) and playing well below what I expected on the defensive side of the ice (unacceptable).

The goaltending is the interesting question. Korpi is an average NHL goalie. I'm not hopeful that there is anything more to get from him other than a capable backup. Elvis should be in the AHL right now. On the job training doesn't work for fans when you want your team to make the playoffs. But since this is the path they have chosen to take I know Elvis less.....so I need to see more. He may be a potential starter or he may be worse than Korpi. Better to find that out now.

I really like watching this team. I look at them every game as a tremendous underdog and enjoy rooting for them to win. I think they have played pretty well considering all the warts they have.

Torts has worn out his welcome with me. I don't hate him but the line juggling, the ice time and development of the young guys and the PP have done it for me. I'm not saying get rid of him now but I think this should be his last year.

I really hope Texier gets back soon. You can see the team loses it's way a little when they lose just one of their skilled players. Bemstrom played his best games when he and Texier were together and he has disappeared again since Texier went out.

Cam....where are you. I hope everything is ok because you are not the player I have been used to seeing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad