Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
l41YnXY2uEOf37CMM.gif

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Just took a look at Rask and Halak's split stats over the last two years and it looks like they essentially stopped playing Rask against Pitt. He got shelled by them 2 years ago and didn't face them at all last year whereas Halak had a .920 save % in the 3 games against Pitt last year. They both have done well against Montreal in recent years, so probably a wash there.

Lol Rask held Pittsburgh to 2 goals in a 4 game sweep with a prime Crosby and Malkin in lineup.Without looking numbers up I would guess Rask's career numbers vs them are good.

Reactions: Orr Fourever

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
If Ritchie is out and Cehlarik is in then this is what I would like to see

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Cehlarik
Bjork-Coyle-Heinen
Wagner-Kuraly-Backes

Cehlarik is red hot and should be given a chance with some offensive players not on the 4th line. He's played and looked decent with Krejci and DeBrusk before, and I'd love to get another look at that third line.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Cliffy on the 3rd line what?

Hope Ritchie is ok

I actually think Clifton has the makings of a bottom 6 forward if he ever chose to go in that direction, and of course he's played up front before in the AHL. Has some speed, skates and passes pretty well, has a decent enough shot, and his offensive instincts when he does get right into the O zone are generally not too shabby. With Miller on the way back and Ritchie unexpectedly missing, perhaps Cassidy was just having a little look at him in that role, or maybe there was just no-one else available. Anyway don't think anything will ever come of it, but will be curious to see if he gets any more practice time as a winger.

As others have commented on, the main thing for the Bs in this one is to just make sure they actually show up and give 100%, or close enough to it. Doesn't have to be a big win, although that would be nice, just get the job done against a struggling opponent and bank another important 2 points. And stay healthy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Clifton as a forward is interesting! I'm actually intrigued by that option. He's got some jam to his game so maybe it'll be fun watching him as a bottom 6 guy.

What happened to Ritchie though? Hurt his hands whooping that one fella's face the other night?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Lol Rask held Pittsburgh to 2 goals in a 4 game sweep with a prime Crosby and Malkin in lineup.Without looking numbers up I would guess Rask's career numbers vs them are good.

You're right. I'm not sure what I was thinking only going with his recent numbers and not going back 7 seasons ago when most of his current defense wasn't even born yet (exaggeration for effect).

Here are his last 5 starts against Pitt:

2017-2018 season 2 games .836 4.88
2016-2017 season 3 games .889 3.52

Nobody is a bigger Rask fanboy than me, but it hasn't been a good matchup for him LATELY and it's really not debatable.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The location of the arena is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Isn't there a plan to build a new arena downtown?

The owner was trying to bully the city into building a downtown arena but obviously it didn't work. I think he's the problem among others. Ottawa just doesn't have enough of a population surrounding the metro area in spite of good support coming from western Quebec. Ticket prices are reasonable and the venue , while it's about 25/30 KM's from the city core , is a nice venue and is easily accessible with a car and lots of parking available. Another problem is Ottawa has no subway system but does have an excellent bus service but taking the bus to a game is likely to take well over an hour. With Ottawa (Ontario) being so close to Gatineau (Quebec) it's going to hard to convince tax payers to pay for a building for the benefit of non tax payers from across the bridge in Quebec.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Where would you go to watch the UFC fights tomorrow after the game in the seaport district?

Tony C's? I'd call them first to make sure they're carrying them, but they are usually a go-to in that area for big events.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Cehlarik called up but gotta believe Zach is close behind. Competition between forwards and D men. Love what the bruins have built. Character / hard working players.

But what will happen once everyone is healthy Moore, Miller, Nords, Ritchie, Coolman....crazy. Something has to give real soon.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I just checked prices and while I know $65 is cheap, I'm not spending that to see Ottawa.

I'll go to the bar to watch

Maybe I’m just wired differently, but if I were going to a game, this one would be it.
If I’m paying an arm and a leg to go to a game (train fare, food, ticket, etc...), I want to see the Bruins WIN. Preferably by a huge margin.

I DETEST walking out of that building after a loss.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The owner was trying to bully the city into building a downtown arena but obviously it didn't work. I think he's the problem among others. Ottawa just doesn't have enough of a population surrounding the metro area in spite of good support coming from western Quebec. Ticket prices are reasonable and the venue , while it's about 25/30 KM's from the city core , is a nice venue and is easily accessible with a car and lots of parking available. Another problem is Ottawa has no subway system but does have an excellent bus service but taking the bus to a game is likely to take well over an hour. With Ottawa (Ontario) being so close to Gatineau (Quebec) it's going to hard to convince tax payers to pay for a building for the benefit of non tax payers from across the bridge in Quebec.

Ottawa should be PRINTING money.

I’ve never been to Ottawa, but I have to believe that if that team was a legitimate contender for a few seasons, they would fill the barn and win over a lot of fans. There is absolutely no reason the Senators shouldn’t be successful. They have three built-in Original Six rivals (twelve games against the Bruins, Leafs, and Habs - six at home), and I really believe Ottawa and it’s suburbs is a hockey hotbed.

I really want them to succeed.

Reactions: JOKER 192

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Cliffy on the 3rd line what?

Hope Ritchie is ok

My guess is Kampfer was going to dress tonight no matter what against a struggling Ottawa team, he's dressed once in a month an hasn't played in over two weeks. Cliffy is just a place-holder for practice line rushes.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Kevin Miller on the ice? Did anyone here see it? If so, how did he look?
I saw video.
Was wearing a maroon non contact jersey.
From what I saw, he was just causally skating around. Grabbed a puck once in a while.
Maybe he did more, but thats all the video I saw showed.

I think it is in the injury thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2