Pre-Game Talk: Game 12 - Washington at BRUINS - Sat 7 PM, NESN, NHL Network, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I don`t like this matchup, don`t like it one bit. I don`t think the Caps are quite as deep as in years past but these key injuries on the B`s will wind up being the factor. Not trying to be a downer. I think the B`s hang in there for the first 40 mins but Caps pull away in 3rd for a 4-2 win:(

Sorry
The Caps have a few injuries themselves. They are not close to being the same team they were last year. Quite a few new players in the lineup. A couple of rookie dmen in the lineup and an injury to Niskanen has Carlson playing over 27 mins a game. He has actually played fairly well. Can't figure out why most Caps fans hate him so much.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
To get scratched in favor of Beleskey :help: Have to wonder if Frankie's days are numbered in Boston . . .
Ovi and Tom Wilson are playing tonight. Perfect game for Beleskey to play his style of game. Frankie would be a prime target all night.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Why would Vatrano be a “prime target” any more than Beleskey? Not sure I understand what you are trying to say?
Wilson loves to go after the smaller, physically weak players.

At least Beleskey can take and throw hits and he will also fight even if he stinks at it.

Frankie is more talented than Beleskey but tonight we need physicality over talent especially on the 4th line.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Wilson loves to go after the smaller, physically weak players.

At least Beleskey can take and throw hits and he will also fight even if he stinks at it.

Frankie is more talented than Beleskey but tonight we need physicality over talent especially on the 4th line.

Vatrano is 5’9 and 200-205 pounds.

Beleskey is 6’0 and 200-205 pounds.

I’m not sure I would categorize Vatrano as physically weak? I actually think other than his one fight, Vatrano has been more physical than Beleskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad