Pre-Game Talk: Game 12 - Washington at BRUINS - Sat 7 PM, NESN, NHL Network, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2017-11-3_16-37-5.png

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I expect Wilson to run virtually everyone through the boards with no response.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Some of the younger Bruins like defenseman Charlie McAvoy and forward Anders Bjork will experience Ovechkin in real time for the first time at the Garden.
Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said all his players his players are aware of the Capitals’ Russian connection.
“These guys know who (Ovechkin) is obviously but until you see him live with his strength and power on the ice... Charlie will probably see a lot of him with the matchups we are in and Big Z (Zdeno Chara) has seen him many times of over the years.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...getting_ready_for_first_test_vs_alex_ovechkin

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The Caps aren't as deep as years past; the Bruins are injured.

Holtby always seems to have the Bruins' number. Rask was very strong against Vegas.

So lots of question marks.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Who says Bergy can't lay wood on sometimes?!

Holtby has struggled some, but then again the whole team has...But I think the B's are still going to have to treat this team like they're a regular playoff contender. Score first, get on top of them quickly in the first period, throw in some timely hits (If possible). Caps don't seem to play well when they're off balance.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
This is a Caps team that got crushed by Vancouver and Florida, and hasn't exactly been dominating teams like it has in the past. This game will be a good test for the youngsters, and maybe they aren't as psyched out by Holtby as some of the vets seem to be. Caps PP has been hot garbage 7 of the last 8 games. Bs can definitely come away with 2 points tonight.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Also, I'm as big a fan here in VA as you'll meet anywhere, but I really hope Carlo gets him back for that BS boarding that happened last year. I'm not wishing harm on Ovi or anything, but a strong hit that knocks the wind out of him would be satisfying,...

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don`t like this matchup, don`t like it one bit. I don`t think the Caps are quite as deep as in years past but these key injuries on the B`s will wind up being the factor. Not trying to be a downer. I think the B`s hang in there for the first 40 mins but Caps pull away in 3rd for a 4-2 win:(

Sorry

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Tom Wilson is a bad hockey player that is only good at racking up huge penalty minutes and running around like an idiot. If anything they should be excited every time when he hits the ice, since it means they get to take advantage of playing 5 vs 4.5 hockey.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Tom Wilson is a bad hockey player that is only good at racking up huge penalty minutes and running around like an idiot. If anything they should be excited every time when he hits the ice, since it means they get to take advantage of playing 5 vs 4.5 hockey.

I don`t think he`s a "bad" player, I just think he`s an absolute toolbox

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I expect Wilson to run virtually everyone through the boards with no response.
Well we still have Kevan Miller. Too bad Brent Hughes isn't still playing.:)
I liked that line...Stumpel-Murray-Hughes !

I hope no Bruin gets hurt today...and a win would be nice.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Ugh, I forgot about Wilson. And exactly how much I can't stand the Caps in general. :hit:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Who says Bergy can't lay wood on sometimes?!

Holtby has struggled some, but then again the whole team has...But I think the B's are still going to have to treat this team like they're a regular playoff contender. Score first, get on top of them quickly in the first period, throw in some timely hits (If possible). Caps don't seem to play well when they're off balance.
I think Bergy is a great hitter, when he needs to be. He's thrown some big ones in his career.

This is the game where they need to get Holtby out of their collective heads. Maybe all these young guys who have no history with the Caps can score on him to get things started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad