GDT: Game 12: New York Islanders vs Montreal Canadiens 11/4/21 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
tYgKMOT.jpg

P6UNnim.jpg

A6MeMmo.jpg

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I’d say we are about to get our clocks cleaned except it appears the Islanders aren’t having the greatest start either.
4-1 Isles.

Reactions: cphabs and Gravity

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes, but they lost Leddy, which forced them to break up the Pelech - Pulock pairing in order to spread around their puck moving ability.

They still need a few tweaks once they have some cap space, but they are basically what Bergevin hoped and failed to build in Montreal.

Lamoriello is willing to give up first picks to acquire rentals - and then extend them. MB will only give up 2nds (Petry, Vanek). That allowed the Islanders to get Palmieri and Pageau. Plus a lot of the Islanders' 1st round picks (including late 1sts) have panned out:

Bailey,
Lee,
Barzal,
Beauvillier,
Nelson,
Walhstrom,
Puloch,
Mayfield (34th OA),
Dobson.

That must be a record for number of 1st round picks in a lineup,or at least lead the current NHL.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Lamoriello is willing to give up first picks to acquire rentals - and then extend them. MB will only give up 2nds (Petry, Vanek). That allowed the Islanders to get Palmieri and Pageau. Plus a lot of the Islanders' 1st round picks (including late 1sts) have panned out:

Bailey,
Lee,
Barzal,
Beauvillier,
Nelson,
Walhstrom,
Puloch,
Mayfield (34th OA),
Dobson.

That must be a record for number of 1st round picks in a lineup,or at least lead the current NHL.

So you’re saying it IS possible to build a team through the draft?

Reactions: abo9

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Bailey,
Lee,
Barzal,
Beauvillier,
Nelson,
Walhstrom,
Puloch,
Mayfield (34th OA),
Dobson.

Lee was a 6th rounder, but yeah it's impressive.

Looking at our team, in the lineup tonight, we have Gallagher, Lehkonen, Romanov, Evans who are homegrown... and that's it.

So you’re saying it IS possible to build a team through the draft?

It definitely is, but for at least the last decade, we definitely can't build through the draft. (even though the guy in charge often repeated it was his goal)

Reactions: 26Mats

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Really looking forward to seeing the Islanders play. I really really love their team.

Outside of Tampa, this is the most balanced team in the league in my opinion. Actually, it may even be more balanced than Tampa now that they have lost a few pieces.

I hope the Habs put on a somewhat good show, but I my gut says that this will be a massacre.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Islanders are a few levels up from the Dead Wings. Lets see if the Habs can elevate themselves to compete. This game will show us a lot. Are we headed in the right direction or simply delaying the inevitable?

You just know Pageau will score. Either 3-1 Habs or 5-0 NYI.

GO:habsGO​

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Since they had their best game on Tuesday, even if it was against Detroit, it should be expected that they wouldn't look to make changes.

Only changes would/will come if certain players aren't able to play tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad