GDT: Game #12|Fri., Nov. 1, 2013|Capitals at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
oh trust me.. i hate this team but cmon with the crying about how mean emery is... .. go call shanny

You realize what Emery did would constitute assault in normal life right? He attacked someone with fists that didn't ask for it and had no intention of partaking in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Instead of trying to win or not getting shutout the Flyers seemed to have more interest in winning fights and starting scrums then actually playing hockey. Beyond that Emery jumped a player that didn't deserve it and our own announcers are supporting it.

We don't deserve the stigma as a fan base, but don't act like the team isn't being pathetic right now.

Nothing wrong with what simmer did or Schenn or Vinny IMO. It's a very physical and competitive game, players get frustrated. What emery did was dirty and embarrassing yes, nothing else.

SgtJoseph*

Every single fan base and broadcasters are laughing at how awful the Flyers are with some of the worst contracts, you honestly don't see it ? Really ?

i don't actually care what the "league" thinks...............Been a fan since day one 1967, folks around the league back then and during the cup years laughed at the Flyers too.........I love it ! What are the flyers on whole really known for ? Toughness !The Flyers feed on that reputation my friend .

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Before I honestly couldn't stand people calling this team goons or clowns or our fans similarly but right now I don't really have the ground to stand on to argue it.

ugiswrong

Dec 8, 2005
deutschland
hockey metaphysics was against us horribly tonight; an incident at an airport [flyers] against national security [captials]

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
it is not that I do not like him smart guy. It is that people like you quickly drink the cool aide and overrated him. Sorry if that offends you.

Drink the kool aid? I overrated him?

Are you serious?

I'm not even defending him, I'm just telling you to shut your mouth if all you can do is repeat the same mindless garbage over and over and over and over..

Do you get it now? Should I draw a picture in crayon to help you understand?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I'm more worried about the suspension screwing with our already bad cap situation. Emery fighting was pointless

SgtJoseph*

I hope Emery is suspended and off this team eventually and Holtby gets the shutout.

I'm already pissed off by the team but jumping a guy like Holtby that has no interest in fighting, is far below him in skill, and has by no means ever done anything unlikeable is just disgusting and intolerable.

The league will take care of that...............Desperate men do desperate things when needed .

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Nothing wrong with what simmer did or Schenn or Vinny IMO. It's a very physical and competitive game, players get frustrated. What emery did was dirty and embarrassing yes, nothing else.

Except our own announcers supported it, our fans at the arena were cheering it, even a few fans on here are supporting it, and the Flyers culture as a whole still has the BSB era ingrained in them as if it's comparable to modern hockey.

That is why the rest of the league thinks the fans are nothing but brutes and the team is nothing but goons. That and apparently we can't do anything but fight right now successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad