GDT: [Game #12] Dallas Stars @ Columbus Blue Jackets – 6:30 PM CT (ESPN+)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #12 – 11/09/2023 – 6:30 PM CT – ESPN+
Nationwide Arena

Your Dallas Stars vs. the Columbus Blue Jackets
7-3-1, 15 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 4-5-3, 11 pts

S2Q26Rq.png

uEDwjZ4.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

ztUaXq7.png

Columbus Blue Jackets

Gaudreau - Jenner - Roslovic
Voronkov - Fantilli - Marchenko
Texier - Sillinger - Chinakhov

Danforth - Kuraly - Olivier

Werenski - Severson
Provorov - Peeke
Bean - Gudbranson

Martin

2fmwd0w.png

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Oddly I was in the area so I grabbed a $15 ticket that would easily be $100 at AA. Too bad I don’t have any gear with me

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Yeh I got a yahoo fantasy app notification dating his healthy, but hoping we would get more info to confirm it

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Duchene wouldn't have been made available for pregame interviews if he wasn't playing, he's in

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I find it interested they flipped the bottom D pairs.

Went back to the slow defensive 2nd pair and put the 2 Young D men together.

I feel the pairs of Lindell-Lundqvist and Harley-Hakanpaa deserves more time. Chemistry can take a while to set.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Oh, you thought I was out of Columbus players after profiling Justin Danforth? I don't think so. Welcome back to "Who Is That Player?" Today we look at that other famous Blue Jacket winger, Mathieu Olivier.

8479671.png

I heard you like players from the Deep South. Let's continue that trend with Mathieu who hails not from La Belle Province, oh no no, but from Biloxi, Mississippi, setting of numerous John Grisham novels.

Undrafted, our man Mat soldiers into his 26 year old campaign having played 121 NHL games over the span of 5 seasons. Racking up an impressive 81 penalty minutes last year, Olivier grades out in the 81% percentile when it comes to number of hits delivered. Don't ask for his percentiles in other areas.

Interestingly, Olivier's presence as an enforcer can be traced back to the Minnesota Wild's notorious goon squad, which according to reports spurred a reaction in how Columbus' roster was constructed.

Vincent was former coach Brad Larsen’s associate in 2021-22, the season Jakub Voracek was injured on Marcus Foligno’s open ice hit late in the first game at Nationwide Arena and Werenski was concussed during a rematch at Xcel Energy Center on hit by Wild defenseman Jacob Middleton.

Neither hit was penalized despite Middleton’s helmet ramming into Werenski’s chin and Foligno extending a knee prior to a knee-on-knee collision with Voracek.

Throughout both games, the Wild issued challenges to fight that weren’t accepted. That wasn’t a strength for any player on the Jackets’ roster, which became a talking point for that season.
Source

So before you go after Fantilli or *checks notes* Kirill Marchenko, think long and hard about what you'll do when the Biloxi Bull, the Gulf Coast Goon, nay, the Mississippi Marauder comes calling.

This concludes "Who Is That Player?"

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
lmfao the arena can't turn the lights on

this is the perfect metaphor for the Stars

"It's gotten even darker"

• Haha
Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca