GDT: Game 11 vs Minnesota

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
They absolutely are. This team has its 3 best creative forces on one line and has been getting killed in possession, shots against, and goals all year. Seguin's speed and creativity is much better suited down the middle. Spezza was brought in so this team could stop being a one line team. It still is. The team's strength last year was a north-south game led by Benn-Seguin. Now we don't get that. We get the superline with cutsey east-west play and 3 other lines full of 3rd and 4th line talents.
Precisely.

Ruff's overall judgment has to be called into question as a result of this.

The degree that he's apparently not on the same page as Nill is also a problem.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
They absolutely are. This team has its 3 best creative forces on one line and has been getting killed in possession, shots against, and goals all year. Seguin's speed and creativity is much better suited down the middle. Spezza was brought in so this team could stop being a one line team. It still is. The team's strength last year was a north-south game led by Benn-Seguin. Now we don't get that. We get the superline with cutsey east-west play and 3 other lines full of 3rd and 4th line talents.

Pretty much.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I've been begging for Benn-Seguin-Hemsky for months. Let's see it finally happen.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I don't think that will work either. They need a hard-charging, hungry, direct player as the 3rd guy.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
I don't think that will work either. They need a hard-charging, hungry, direct player as the 3rd guy.

It really doesn't matter who the third guy is for them. That is a strength and another major reason why sticking Spezza up there long term is so foolish. They don't need him to be effective.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Way to come out with a golden chance to start the 3rd with a clean sheet and do absolutely nothing. #PP

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
It really doesn't matter who the third guy is for them. That is a strength and another major reason why sticking Spezza up there long term is so foolish. They don't need him to be effective.
I think the 3rd player is actually crucial. I'm sure they can score no matter who the 3rd player is but can they truly be a great line that dominates at both ends of the ice?

RastaRockett

Apr 12, 2013
I think the 3rd player is actually crucial. I'm sure they can score no matter who the 3rd player is but can they truly be a great line that dominates at both ends of the ice?

They were dominant last season without him. It would be nice if we could get more consistent scoring from the bottom 9. If Spezza can get a line going I'd rather have that.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Well it's a good thing they get to watch how to run a PP from the freaking Wild.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
When you can see Benn get noticeably frustrated, it should be a clear sign to Ruff that something needs to change too try and get them going. Benn doesn't do things like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad