GDT: Game 11 vs Minnesota

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The criteria for who gets to play the next game on D should be, "Did you do something mind-boggling stupid?" If not, you're in!

I want to say that Dillon actually had a pretty strong effort tonight. If he could decide to be good that would help.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
The criteria for who gets to play the next game on D should be, "Did you do something mind-boggling stupid?" If not, you're in!

I want to say that Dillon actually had a pretty strong effort tonight. If he could decide to be good that would help.

Are we allowed to play with only 3 D ?

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

He was 3rd in ice time tonight, Jordie had a lot less than him thanks to getting benched... Dillon looked alright, but was giving up on plays a lot in the 3rd...

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Damn. Are we saying Oleksiak and Jokipakka were our best D tonight?

Yeah. I can see that. But can you guys at least give Jyrki back when Gonchar is healthy? Texas could use the help.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Jokipakka is one of the best 6 Dmen in the Stars' org. Therefore, he should be playing for Dallas. Find a way to make that happen.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Jokipakka is one of the best 6 Dmen in the Stars' org. Therefore, he should be playing for Dallas. Find a way to make that happen.

But....but....Texas sucks without him :(

*Sigh* Is this how this relationship is going to work. We fix guys' problems for you and then you take them away when they're in their prime? That doesn't sound like a good relationship to be honest. :sarcasm:

To be honest, I was a little hesitant on Oleksiak being kept up there as I thought he could use a little more time but he's proving me wrong. Jokipakka looks like he could be doing the same.

Hell Connauton didn't look too out of place when I saw him play. What if they sat Jordie and played KConn instead? That's an interesting thought.

Also, give it about trade deadline time and watch the following happen: Gonchar gets traded for a mere pittance and Jordie plays himself out of a spot. Oleksiak-Jokipakka already establishes themselves and Klingberg is ready.

Btw, Klingberg is getting back to what we saw in preseason last year. Great offensive mind, needs a little more work defensively.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
If we could have our defense down to

Daley, Goligoski, Dillon, Oleksiak, Jokipakka, Connauton
(Benn)

by January, Id be a lot happier.

Send Gonch and Jordie into the sun.

Then have

Daley, Goligoski, Dillon, Oleksiak, Jokipakka, Nemeth
(Connauton)

next year.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
Holly ****, what an awful game

We lost 3 in a row, and the TRIO has stopped producing for the past 2 games.

Time to shuffle the lines? Or do the team have to wait until Val comes back?

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
...To be honest, I was a little hesitant on Oleksiak being kept up there as I thought he could use a little more time but he's proving me wrong. Jokipakka looks like he could be doing the same...

In his first couple games, there were some moments where Jokipakka's anticipation skills didn't look NHL ready quite yet, like on the first Islanders goal. The puck was passed from near the half wall toward Hickey at the point. Jokipakka skated out to meet Hickey but turned his head away from the puck and took one hand off his stick and gestured to someone or at something to his left. Hickey immediately shot the puck instead of corralling it, when Jokipakka's hand was still off his stick, and the shot ended up going right by Jokipakka.
[nhl]2014020110-115-ingame-h[/nhl]

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
In his first couple games, there were some moments where Jokipakka's anticipation skills didn't look NHL ready quite yet, like on the first Islanders goal. The puck was passed from near the half wall toward Hickey at the point. Jokipakka skated out to meet Hickey but turned his head away from the puck and took one hand off his stick and gestured to someone or at something to his left. Hickey immediately shot the puck instead of corralling it, when Jokipakka's hand was still off his stick, and the shot ended up going right by Jokipakka.
[nhl]2014020110-115-ingame-h[/nhl]

They said on the broadcast that it was because it wasn't his job to cover that guy so he didn't know wtf to do. One part rookie error + one part incompetence by the player whose actual job it was to cover Hickey. We got caught swarming like the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad