Post-Game Talk: Game 11: Penalty Killing Moon | Blackhawks vs. Avalanche | 11/3/16 7:30 p.m. (CSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

THis is my fourth GDT of the season. WOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOO!

650x366

vs.
9bd4fecb8fb12f00c7b33edb13b5b6a0.jpg

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy!!!! It happened! Again! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Now after baseball is over I will be a better fan of the 1st place Chicago Blackhawks and NHL's leading scorer in points and goals, Artem Anisimov.

----------------------------

PROJECTED LINEUPS are available on DAILYFACEOFF.COM

But Patrick Sharp is hurt and not in the lineup so let's beat those jerks for letting him get hurt.

----------------------------

LET'S GO HAWKS!

blackhawks-kid-slaps-other-blackhawks-kid-hockey-fans-hockey-fan-gif.gif

Last edited:

member 151739

The killing time... unwillingly mine. Thanks for the reference of one of my favorite songs. :D

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Hawks getting it in gear

5-2

Toews with a Great game !!!

:popcorn:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Follow up that Cubs WS win with a win for yourselves, Hawks! Get those two points.

They shouldn't have any problems beating Colorado.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Follow up that Cubs WS win with a win for yourselves, Hawks! Get those two points.

They shouldn't have any problems beating Colorado.

Avs have had Hawks number in the past with a combination of team speed and solid goaltending. Hopefully not this time, but Hawks can't afford to float for more than 2 periods, then play solid hockey in the last 10 minutes and expect to win.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Avs have had Hawks number in the past with a combination of team speed and solid goaltending. Hopefully not this time, but Hawks can't afford to float for more than 2 periods, then play solid hockey in the last 10 minutes and expect to win.

Agreed.

I know they've had their number in the past, but Colorado doesn't look too strong this season so far. Should be a W, but it all depends on which Hawks team shows up.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
No one would be more shocked if the slacker "stars " of the core actually exert for the entire game ...or failing a full 60...how about at minimum for 10 minutes EACH period! After all a half game of exertion at an "A " compete level is better than tge usual 1/6th of a game they show up with try (there are some who do more but we know who the usual suspects are who spend the other 5/6ths at tge Country Club. ..because they know Q let's them get away with it as legitimate "fat-cats"...do we not,Cap'n Seriously P-poor?

But some posters above are calling for tge Hawks to flip the switch and provide a blow-up and that THIS is the game #19 Finally breaks out big with a "GREAT" game and big production..I however would not bet the farm on any of tjis rosey vision....Probably another 10 minutes of try /50 of coasting by too many "stars" who have bought in to the Q flip the switch leniency. BUT as long as our goaltending bails us out of such pitiful compete processes we can still smoke and mirror out more victories.Call me when #19 and the other all-star reputation /but disappointing performance guys Wake Up and bring their "A " games ...you know...for a change...just to give fans a glimpse they can still flip the switch even for half to a full game...it is not nice to chew up big chunks of cap and give the fans so little back ...so less of what the Ought to be giving us..lest they forget they are supposed to entertain and there is nothing worse than paying for "poor shows"...yes we gladly take wins after getting grossly outplayed as a team and when highly paid stars dog it and disappoint with their pkay having to be bailed out by our goalies...but again. .it would be nice to see our highest paid stars All play their best in the same game ..but I guess under Q ..that's not going to hapoen.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
No one would be more shocked if the slacker "stars " of the core actually exert for the entire game ...or failing a full 60...how about at minimum for 10 minutes EACH period! After all a half game of exertion at an "A " compete level is better than tge usual 1/6th of a game they show up with try (there are some who do more but we know who the usual suspects are who spend the other 5/6ths at tge Country Club. ..because they know Q let's them get away with it as legitimate "fat-cats"...do we not,Cap'n Seriously P-poor?

But some posters above are calling for tge Hawks to flip the switch and provide a blow-up and that THIS is the game #19 Finally breaks out big with a "GREAT" game and big production..I however would not bet the farm on any of tjis rosey vision....Probably another 10 minutes of try /50 of coasting by too many "stars" who have bought in to the Q flip the switch leniency. BUT as long as our goaltending bails us out of such pitiful compete processes we can still smoke and mirror out more victories.Call me when #19 and the other all-star reputation /but disappointing performance guys Wake Up and bring their "A " games ...you know...for a change...just to give fans a glimpse they can still flip the switch even for half to a full game...it is not nice to chew up big chunks of cap and give the fans so little back ...so less of what the Ought to be giving us..lest they forget they are supposed to entertain and there is nothing worse than paying for "poor shows"...yes we gladly take wins after getting grossly outplayed as a team and when highly paid stars dog it and disappoint with their pkay having to be bailed out by our goalies...but again. .it would be nice to see our highest paid stars All play their best in the same game ..but I guess under Q ..that's not going to hapoen.

How does one go to every single thread on the boards and repeat the same things over and over again? I'm truly baffled at this point by your obsession with Toews. :help:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
FYI...the 1C,3C and 4C on tjis team have a combined 3 goals after 10 games..1 goal each for Toews,Schmaltz and Kruger and tge 3 have a combined 7 assists...3 for Toews ,2 for Scmaltz,1 for Kruger...if Anisimov gets hurt we are Doomed! He leads the NHL in goals and has 15 points ..but still ..a team cannot be a contender if only 1 of 4 C's is producing ...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
FYI...the 1C,3C and 4C on tjis team have a combined 3 goals after 10 games..1 goal each for Toews,Schmaltz and Kruger and tge 3 have a combined 7 assists...3 for Toews ,2 for Scmaltz,1 for Kruger...if Anisimov gets hurt we are Doomed! He leads the NHL in goals and has 15 points ..but still ..a team cannot be a contender if only 1 of 4 C's is producing ...

Schmaltz is a rookie. It's expected that he would take some time to get acclimated before putting up points. Kruger has NEVER put up points. It's not what he does, or what he's there for. Toews, we just have to wait and see what he does. Get over it already....

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I'm not going to lie. I'm a bit worried about this game. I can't blame the guys if they had a couple or ten last night watching the game.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

This is just getting pathetic at this point.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I diddnt know people still read fiddys posts...

Enjoying another night of cheap tickets. Bought a pair for tonight for 35 a peice which is still relatively pretty darn cheap.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The Avalanche have played Dallas, Pittsburgh and Tampa already and made all 3 teams look slow.

This is going to be a test. Simply changing coaches to somebody competent (and frankly, I think he's far better than competent), might have given the Avs the single biggest improvement if any team over the off-season, save Toronto.

If Rozsival plays tonight, we're in trouble. He couldn't keep up with Calgary, no way he keeps up with the Avs.

Toews and Kruger will probably match up against Duchene and MacKinnon. Q is gonna have to give Motte and Schmaltz a chance to stretch their legs against the depth lines.

The sooner Desi replaced Tootoo, the better.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I diddnt know people still read fiddys posts...

Enjoying another night of cheap tickets. Bought a pair for tonight for 35 a peice which is still relatively pretty darn cheap.

I saw a pair on Stubhub for $6 each, section 112 row 5 :laugh:

It of course came up "not available" the minute I clicked to buy, so probably was an error.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The sooner Desi replaced Tootoo, the better.

Tootoo has not been any where close to as bad as you thought be was going to be. He has been serviceable and has not taken bad penalties like you (I think it was you) thought he would.

He goes to the 14th forward when Desi comes back but he has filled in just fine.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Tootoo has not been any where close to as bad as you thought be was going to be. He has been serviceable and has not taken bad penalties like you (I think it was you) thought he would.

He goes to the 14th forward when Desi comes back but he has filled in just fine.

He has an average TOI of 5 minutes.

As far as forwards go, he's been roughly as useful as a 7th dressed Dman.

Q refuses to put him on the ice, with good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad