GDT: Game 11: Detroit Red Wings @ Philadelphia Flyers: Twelfth Time's The Charm Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
red-wings.jpg

crtsy-wells-fargo-center-exterior-960VP.jpg

:wings

Nyquist-Nielsen-Larkin
Tatar-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
Athanasiou-Helm-Sheahan
Miller-Glendening-Ott

DeKeyser-Green
Ericsson-Marchenko
Smith-Ouellet

Mrazek
Howard

:flyers

Schenn-Giroux-Simmonds
Konency-Couturier-Voracek
Read-Bellemare-Lyubimov
Vandevelde-Gordon-Weise

Provorov-Streit
Schultz-Gostisbehere
Manning-Gudas

Mason
Neuvirth

streak in Philadelphia

Danny DeKeyser (Mulholland).jpg
Danny DeKeyser and the Red Wings mix it up with Wayne Simmonds and the Flyers tonight in Philadelphia. (Mike Mulholland | MLive)
Print Email Tim Martin | [email protected] By Tim Martin | [email protected]
Follow on Twitter
on November 02, 2016 at 6:30 AM, updated November 02, 2016 at 6:33 AM
GAME INFORMATION

• Who: Detroit Red Wings (6-4-0) at Philadelphia Flyers (4-5-1)
• Where: Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia
• When: 8 p.m. ET Wednesday, Nov. 2
• TV: NBC Sports Network
• Radio: 97.1 WXYT-FM and Red Wings radio network
• Social media: Follow MLive sports on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Twitter: Follow Ansar Khan and Brendan Savage
• Live coverage: Join our chat around 7:30 p.m.

GAME NOTES

• The Red Wings won't stop hearing about their losing streak in Philadelphia -- now at 11 games -- until they end it. Detroit's most recent victory in Philly was in Game 2 of the 1997 Stanley Cup Finals. They haven't won there in the regular season since Jan. 25, 1997.

• The Red Wings have been streaky. They lost two to start the season, won six in a row, then lost two more entering tonight's game.

• Philadelphia's Wayne Simmonds is among the NHL leaders in goals (six). Claude Giroux leads the NHL in assists (10).

• Detroit's Darren Helm is among the league leaders in plus/minus (+9). Jimmy Howard is tops in save percentage (.973) and goals against average (0.86).

• The Red Wings are giving up 32.5 shots per game and getting 28.4 shots per game.

• The Flyers are playing relatively high scoring games. They're giving up 3.8 goals per game and scoring 3.5 goals per game, both second highest in the league.

-http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2016/11/red_wings_flyers_wednesday.html#incart_river_index

Let's Avoid a Dozen Losses.

ourdozens_original_largeproductpage.png

And as always, above all else: Just Win. Especially since I'll be at this game. Let's go Wings!​

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I don't see why Sproul sits tbh, makes no sense. Must be due to Smitty playing relatively well on the PP. Sproul's shot alone makes him a necessity in this lineup imo.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Last time the Wings won in Philly...

Jerry Maguire was the biggest movie in the US

The #1 song was Unbreak My Heart

Seinfeld was the number one show and this was the weeks episode

Common Wings, let's be beat these jerk stores!

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Sproul in the press box again... Have to think they are show casing one of the other stuff for a potential trade? They can't possibly be keeping him out of the lineup thinking it's icing the best available line up...

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Crap, coulda had tix to this for 18 bucks a piece. Too bad me and my buddy have to work. I'd drive down for that.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
We need to get Vanek back in the lineup ASAP. How's Kronwall coming along? Is he gonna,be ready anytime soon? Take out Smith for Kronner and plug in Sproul send down XO.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Let's get a win, let's go Wings! Feeling a big game from D Boss coming.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The last Mrazek-Neuvirth battle was a beauty, I can see a similar thing happening tonight.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Not being able to watch this one. But hope u guys are witnessing us turning that awful winless in Philly record around. LGRW.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I was curious to see how ice time per game has changed for some the forwards from last season to this season....

Nyquist: 15:10 --> 15:52
Helm: 15:04 --> 15:27
Larkin: 16:33 --> 16:01
Zetterberg: 19:25 --> 18:55
Glendening: 14:35 --> 13:25
Athanasiou: 9:01 --> 12:07
Tatar: 14:21 --> 17:13

My first impressions:
It's nice to see Tatar finally getting big ice time but i'm disappointed that Zetterberg is playing about the same amount of minutes per game as he did last year (30 seconds less per game this year). Still way too much ice time for a guy who doesn't produce anymore and can't skate. I'd like to see Nyquist get more ice time and no way should Larkin be getting less ice time than he did last year. AA's ice time is in a good range, 12-13 minutes is fine for him. None of that 6 minute game crap anymore please.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Wings should win this one. I dont hink Flyers are a calibre of team to neutralize Wings if we execute properly

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
Thank God No-check isn't doing the colour tonight.

L.G.R.W.

p.s. Sproul should be playing.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Nyq hat

Looks like Nyq was wearing a Newfoundland flag on his hat.

prolly from Dan Cleary, can anyone confirm this? Or what hat it was?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wings should win this one. I dont hink Flyers are a calibre of team to neutralize Wings if we execute properly

They have a couple good puck movers and a pretty heavy forecheck when they were going.

They also have hot or cold goaltending, which is really the big problem in Philly. I am hoping for a cold night.

But when the Flyers are on which they haven't been a ton to date this year they can have a suffocating forecheck in my opinion. That is how they went on their big run to close last year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Looks like Nyq was wearing a Newfoundland flag on his hat.

prolly from Dan Cleary, can anyone confirm this? Or what hat it was?

I missed it, I know Tyler Bertuzzi wears an actual Dan Cleary hat a lot down in the minors.

The ending wasn't pretty with the fans and Cleary. But it isn't hard to see he is an enormously popular player within the Wings entire organization. So it wouldn't surprise me.

CdIeUqBUUAAuMie.jpg

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I missed it, I know Tyler Bertuzzi wears an actual Dan Cleary hat a lot down in the minors.

The ending wasn't pretty with the fans and Cleary. But it isn't hard to see he is an enormously popular player within the Wings entire organization. So it wouldn't surprise me.

I just got a glimpse of it and being from Newfoundland, it is a distinct flag. Would love to know the story, if there is one.

Cleary is/was a top shelf guy while playing for the Red Wings - always done what asked to do, maybe long in the tooth for lots but no fault of his for being loyal...

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
anthem singer has a nice voice but she can't follow the beat at all

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I assume Edzo isn't doing the game tonight because he's watching the Cubs game? Good.

Also, I want a Danny Cleary hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad