GDT: Game 11: Coyotes @ Devils - 4PM - FSAZ+

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Special teams the difference, yes we could use better goaltending, but our ineffective pp is costing us dearly. They're close, but ineffective nonetheless.

Reactions: SR

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I’ve said that Domingue sucked a long time ago but people used to defend him. I’m so glad y’all agree now. When are we going to see Rannta???? That will be our first WIN!!!!
Three years in the minors watching him split between Portland and Springfield, and he still does the same damn things over and over he never should have made the NHL period. It's a shame the horrid springfield run ruined Nicklas Treutle's north American career. That kid actually had something, but getting pelted by 40+ shots a night with no one in front of him did him no favors.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Demers didn't repeatedly pass it straight to an opponent tonight. Or misread his partner so bad that an opponent easily intercepts a pass for a goal against. Schenn was crap.
Schenn was crap this game. Most of our players have been crap every game.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
This Ferrari has a Honda Civic engine with a CVT in it. :P

The exact same cycle that lead to him having a shit season last year is playing out in front of your very eyes and you wonder why he'd rather just get waived at this point.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Chychrun on one leg would be far more effective than Schenn or KConn right now. Those two are absolutely killing us in all zones. Domingue needs to be fired into the sun.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
It amazes me you guys think Duclair is actually a problem.

He plays lazy. He gives up on pucks. We can't afford this, he is not skilled enough to justify the occasional lack of effort. This team needs everyone giving their absolute best effort. I have seen zero improvement from him.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
BC30BZ8.jpg

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The exact same cycle that lead to him having a **** season last year is playing out in front of your very eyes and you wonder why he'd rather just get waived at this point.

If two completely separate and distinct coaching staffs treat a player the same way, then it's a little harder to absolve the player.

That he's playing so lethargically in a contract year on a "prove me" deal also speaks volumes.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If two completely separate and distinct coaching staffs treat a player the same way, then it's a little harder to absolve the player.

That he's playing so lethargically in a contract year on a "prove me" deal also speaks volumes.

I would quit too if put with guys that don't belong in the league. It's that simple. He may want to be traded or waived at this point, and I don't blame him. Wouldn't be the first time a player figured they were better off somewhere other than Arizona.

Reactions: Sthlmyote and rt

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The exact same cycle that lead to him having a **** season last year is playing out in front of your very eyes and you wonder why he'd rather just get waived at this point.

I'm not so down on Duke as many here are tonight, but....
Can you seriously think that two NHL coaches have it wrong?

Yandover

Nov 8, 2013
There are plenty of players out there that can thrive in a top 6 roll with skill players but look like AHLers in the bottom six. Duclair is that style of player. Don't put doughnuts on a Ferrari and then wonder why it drives like ****. It's like asking why Vrbata isn't a good 4th liner. He's playing with Kempe and Rinaldo for ****s sake, two guys that weren't even in the league last year. We were supposed to head towards maximizing strengths with Tocchet but I guess not.[/QUOTE]

THIS^^^

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
My apologies on the Barroway comment. The report said nothing of a new minority partner. I blame the room full of people making it difficult to hear haha. Anyway, the full context:

Kypreos - Barroway is sole owner, spent last year buying out minority partners, and a lump sum to Tippett. A lot of people questioning his sustainability due to massive losses. Doesn't have the reputation of an owner like Lightning owner Vinik. People questioning whether he can finish the season as sole owner. NHL and Barroway both still committed. Team not for sale, but doesn't look good, including looking for a new arena deal.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I would quit too if put with guys that don't belong in the league. It's that simple. He may want to be traded or waived at this point, and I don't blame him. Wouldn't be the first time a player figured they were better off somewhere other than Arizona.

If he's quitting on the team like you say, then he doesn't belong in the league either. If he actually wants a trade, Chayka should trade him now while he can still fool the other teams into thinking Duclair is a blue-chip piece - like the Rangers did with us.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Duke has intensity issues. I also think his personality probably amplifies those issues when you "tough love" him as a scratch or 4th liner. Everybody responds differently with praise and the stick. Some people need more atta boys than others. Leadership is part figuring out who responds to or needs what.
I definitely don't think anyone will 4th line him into a star player. I wish we were putting him into a position to succeed.
He had a bad game, but he was one of our best players to start the season. It's dumb to write him off and bury him with Rinaldo and Kempe, IMO.
That's not excusing him for not bringing it on a night like tonight, but we're wasting what could be an asset.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
My apologies on the Barroway comment. The report said nothing of a new minority partner. I blame the room for a people making it difficult to hear haha. Anyway, the full context:

Kypreos - Barroway is sole owner, spent last year buying out minority partners, and a lump sum to Tippett. A lot of people questioning his sustainability due to massive losses. Doesn't have the reputation of an owner like Lightning owner Vinik. People questioning whether he can finish the season as sole owner. NHL and Barroway both still committed. Team not for sale, but doesn't look good, including look for a new arena deal.

This sounds to me more like Kypreos' typical half-assed theorizing about the Coyotes rather than hard news. I've kind of come to expect it from the guy.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
They have it wrong if they expect Anthony Duclair to be a productive bottom six player, which he never will be. Some guys are completely useless if you move them away from skill. He's that type of player.

Well, both the coaches do value a work ethic that Duke doesn't appear to have and anything is possible. I'd be okay with giving him as many as twenty games on the top two lines in theory, but not if it's a detriment in the room promoting an opportunistic player merely because he had a good season once.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If he's quitting on the team like you say, then he doesn't belong in the league either. If he actually wants a trade, Chayka should trade him now while he can still fool the other teams into thinking Duclair is a blue-chip piece - like the Rangers did with us.

He was and still is a blue chip piece. He's one of the few on the roster to score 20 goals. He's just not going to do that with Kempe and Rinaldo riding shotgun. Some other team will claim him or trade for him and then put him in the top 6 properly.

I thought Domi had a much worse game, especially after he took the penalty that cost the team. Very bad decisions and body language. Killed top line possessions. But that's just me.

Well, both the coaches do value a work ethic that Duke doesn't appear to have and anything is possible. I'd be okay with giving him as many as twenty games on the top two lines in theory, but not if it's a detriment in the room promoting an opportunistic player merely because he had a good season once.

People don't work well for managers that make no attempt to put them in a position to succeed. Rinaldo is probably pleased as punch to be back in the league. Duclair figures he's better off elsewhere and I fully agree.

Reactions: CC96 and Yandover

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Well I’ll come out and say it, nothing confirmed and nothing concrete and I won’t get into detail but there is a new suiter as a buyer in the works.

Big pockets, bigger than a lot of owners, a newer native to the valley that intends on building and keep this team in the valley.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
He is second on the team in goals.

Granted this may be more an indictment on Dvorak, Domi, Perlini getting hurt, Stepan, and to a lesser extent OEL since hes a dman.

Reactions: Yandover

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well I’ll come out and say it, nothing confirmed and nothing concrete and I won’t get into detail but there is a new suiter as a buyer in the works.

Big pockets, bigger than a lot of owners, a newer native to the valley that intends on building and keep this team in the valley.

I'll believe it when I see it! But I hope you're right!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad