GDT: Game 11: Coyotes @ Devils - 4PM - FSAZ+

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
I thought we played a very good game - not how Nash explained it - we can't play any better, cause we can. I thought we took it too them all night.

Our worst player was OEL. He looks bad on the power play - he doesn't want to shoot the puck much. He just looks very lackadasical. People complaining about Duke, OEL is and has been worse.

For those crapping about Duclair - he is likely frustrated playing on the 4th line. He scored a goal last games and looked good, yet Rieder, Martinook and Fischer are playing above him.
I thought he played great in other games - hustled, backchecked and has scored yet - 4th line.... I don't understand it. Yes - He looked off tonight - but admit that he is being misued.
Duclair has 3 goals and one other that slightly glanced off Kempe . He is only a -1 for the year. I am sure he is tired of losing, tired of being on the 4th line and it is affecting him.
He has been on the positive side of things all year. One bad game and dump him is crazy.

I laugh at whoever suggests sending Dvorak to the minors, really do you really want things go even farther in the dumpster. Maybe he hasn't scored but he plays both ends of the ice. He looked
good tonight. He will be better when playing with better players. Perlini back really makes the team have more than 1 line. Perlini can shoot. Too bad that last won't clanked.
I think we played much better after Domi was moved.

Fischer is strong on the boards - we have not had a player that can keep the puck down deep and come out and make a play in a long time. He is a strong kid... I am excited on what he can do once he gets more experienced. I hope his hands can improve. His line with Richardson played well all night. Hinterland is right about him - he needs to play. (Keller needing to be in the AHL not so much and loses all credibility).
Patrick Kane is an offensive whiz... He is not good defensively either - but Kane shouldn't be in the AHL either. Wow Keller had 4 or 5 really nice takeaways and had a bad turnover too. But I think I am going to lean on the keep him up as he is our only legitimate star player!

Our goalie situation is killing us. Domi took a bad penalty. But can't blame him as that hit he took should have been a penalty. That sequence just killed us.

The goalie situation is bad right now. Never was a big fan of Domingue. The defense is not much better overall. They have seemed to play better at times.

Also -Stepan is not really slow - he is not fast of course, but Domi and Keller are really fast. Stepan is very smart with the puck.
Rieder is not the same player he was, Martinook can't finish. Domi can't finish but he has played hard.

We lose again yes - but so many positives. I think we would have 3 maybe 4 wins with decent goaltending and a more effective powerplay. If we had Vrbata still - He is a sniper. we win 3 or 4 easy.

It looks to me like the forward group has started to settle in a little bit. A few more line tweeks and I would be happier.

Keller, Stepan and Rieder
Domi Dvorak Perlini
Duclair, richardson and Fischer
Rinaldo Kempe Martinook

Or interchange Duclair and Rieder

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015
Did anyone not really notice Hischer out there? (Besides when Keller picked his pocket and scored?)

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The Devils were pretty flat. We were firing on all cylinders. And yet we still lost. Pathetic

I'd rather play well and lose, than play like crap and...uh, uh no, not really, I'd rather win o_O

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Yes. Parsons. Build the Go Daddy Arena!

My kid worked for Go Daddy a few years back. Never knew Parsons but let me tell you, he treated his employes like gold. If he should take over the Coyotes the employees will be very, very well taken care of.

Strome now with 10 points leading Tucson. Merkley 2nd with 7.

BRING BACK STROME!
No no. Leave him to gain success and confidence in Tucson until we have a couple of wins under our belt. Then bring him back. Don't bring him back during this losing streak.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
DAMN Keller is GOOD! YOU guys will be good soon! you have so many good creative young players!

Reactions: RABBIT

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
One bad game from duclair (playing on the 4th line?!) and I get on here just to read stuff like he should be waived. Wtf. Every player on this team has had bad games, most of them has had like 10..

Reactions: RemoAZ

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
One bad game from duclair (playing on the 4th line?!) and I get on here just to read stuff like he should be waived. Wtf. Every player on this team has had bad games, most of them has had like 10..

If you read the thread closely, the idea of him being waived was raised by someone defending him from criticism, not by anyone actually calling him out for his poor play. Apparently, Duclair is such a precious asset that even suggesting that his demotion to the fourth line might be warranted is enough for people to assume that it logically follows that people are saying that he should be traded for a bag of pucks or put on waivers or whatever other nonsense.

This phenomenon happened with guys like Boedker, too, back when people thought we should give him an albatross of a contract.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Great post Gorsk. Line for line, that was an excellent assessment.

Except you can and should blame Domi for his stupid penalty. Doesn't matter if he took a hit he didn't like, or whether or not it should have been a penalty. I understood where his head was at and why he did it, but you have to keep your head out there. Immediately reminded me of his stupid hand braking ways of last season.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Duclair isn't good enough on D without the puck on the rush to be in the top 6, yet. He isn't a two way player. That is why he was on the 3rd-4th line for Tip and now Tocc. He won't get as many scoring chances on the 4th line because of his line mates and his minutes. He can, however, work on other facets of his game though which is what he needs to do. I'm not down on Duclair for his last game or at all, he is a work in progress. If his overall game improves a little, he'll be in our top 6.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Except you can and should blame Domi for his stupid penalty. Doesn't matter if he took a hit he didn't like, or whether or not it should have been a penalty. I understood where his head was at and why he did it, but you have to keep your head out there. Immediately reminded me of his stupid hand braking ways of last season.

I agree, Domi's mistake was costly. We can't make stupid mistakes like that one. Goal tending and mistakes (mostly turnovers) are killing us.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'd let strome play in the ahl a bit longer. He needs to continue to dominate down there.

As would I. He must have had one good game (last night) because he didn't have but three points or so, prior too and when I went down there for the Friday tilt, he was less than special.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Strome now with 10 points leading Tucson. Merkley 2nd with 7.

BRING BACK STROME!

I'd love to have Strome back, but I certainly don't mind him learning to dominate in the American League, with top PP and PK times, while things up here are a train-wreck. I'd certainly love to give him another looks soon though, once the team settles down.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I'd love to have Strome back, but I certainly don't mind him learning to dominate in the American League, with top PP and PK times, while things up here are a train-wreck. I'd certainly love to give him another looks soon though, once the team settles down.
Strome won't help fix our 4+ GAA, keep him in the AHL and out of this disaster for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad