Post-Game Talk: Game 11: Anaheim Ducks vs Vegas Golden Knights, 5pm PT, BSSC (Ducks win 4-2)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_4502.jpeg

IMG_4760.jpeg

IMG_4759.jpeg

Anaheim Ducks vs Vegas Golden Knights
5pm PT, BSSC

**It’s Game Day**
IMG_4763.gif
IMG_4771.jpeg

IMG_4770.jpeg

IMG_4560.gif

IMG_4762.jpeg

Vegas Golden Knights

Ivan Barbashev -- Jack Eichel -- Jonathan Marchessault
Paul Cotter -- Chandler Stephenson -- Mark Stone
Pavel Dorofeyev -- William Karlsson -- Jonas Rondbjerg
William Carrier -- Brett Howden -- Keegan Kolesar

Alec Martinez -- Alex Pietrangelo
Brayden McNabb -- Shea Theodore
Ben Hutton -- Kaedan Korczak

Logan Thompson
Adin Hill

Scratched:
Brayden Pachal, Michael Amadio

Injured: Nicolas Hague (lower body), Nicolas Roy (undisclosed), Zach Whitecloud (upper body)

IMG_4600.jpeg
Anaheim Ducks

Trevor Zegras -- Leo Carlsson -- Troy Terry
Frank Vatrano -- Mason McTavish -- Ryan Strome
Alex Killorn -- Adam Henrique -- Jakob Silfverberg
Ross Johnston -- Sam Carrick -- Brett Leason

Cam Fowler -- Jackson LaCombe
Pavel Mintyukov -- Ilya Lyubushkin
Urho Vaakanainen -- Radko Gudas

John Gibson
Lukas Dostal

Scratched:
Robert Hagg, Bo Groulx, Max Jones

Injured: Jamie Drysdale (lower body), Brock McGinn (lower body), Isac Lundestrom (Achilles), Chase De Leo (knee)

IMG_4603.gif
IMG_4602.jpeg

Last edited:

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Would be awesome to give vegas 1st regulation loss.

Serious questions
1) would you rather give vegas their first loss and lose to san jose next week
Or
2) lose to vegas and beat san jose

My fear of being san jose first win is starting to creep in given we are a week away

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Absolutely not looking forward to the sizable contingent of Vegas frontrunners from the surrounding communities that will be attending this one tomorrow night.

Well Vegas just beat Colorado 7-0, so this should be fun.

Still the best shot we have to beat them, given the scheduling. Clear talent deficiency, but no excuse to not look like the fresher team.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Vegas is currently clarly the best team in the league. Fun fact: they're 18 points ahead of Oilers in the standings already :laugh: amd 22 to SJS

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really want this one. A win tonight, and think we could be serious this year. The one edge the Ducks have is not home ice but that Vegas played less than 24 hours ago and traveled (although not far), where as the Ducks are well rested, but not too rested where there will be rust. Have to take advantage of that, get on them early.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Really want this one. A win tonight, and think we could be serious this year. The one edge the Ducks have is not home ice but that Vegas played less than 24 hours ago and traveled (although not far), where as the Ducks are well rested, but not too rested where there will be rust. Have to take advantage of that, get on them early.

I kinda doubt we'd be rusty under Cronin. In Cronin's last interview, he identified how we were much sharper to start the season than during the road trip. Although we didn't win often to start the season, we were dominating on ice. The reason he posited was there was no time for practice during the road trip and the execution suffered. With three consecutive days off, Cronin can get at least two practices to re-emphasize the details.

With that said, I'm kinda excited to see which version of us shows up: look dominating and lose, look dominated and win, or look dominating and win.

Reactions: Kalv and Leonardo87

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Would be awesome to give vegas 1st regulation loss.

Serious questions
1) would you rather give vegas their first loss and lose to san jose next week
Or
2) lose to vegas and beat san jose

My fear of being san jose first win is starting to creep in given we are a week away
We are absolutely losing to San Jose next week, and it will be a blow out. It's inevitable. There is no way the hockey gods are allowing us to have a 5 game winning streak without some consequence.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
:monkey: With a bazooka, Gold Lamé Chapeau edition

:monkey:
With a bazooka, Gold Lamé Chapeau edition​
Goals of the game
Goals
Achieved
Ducks with 35+ shots
Ducks outhit Vegas
Top line 3+ points
1+ fights. Something worthy of being in Goon, rather than Goon 2.
PP>PK
Game ends in regulation
Bonus Points
Calder kids >= PPG collectively.
Legit need for “Gudas smash” 2+ times
Killorn with points
Individual poster with the most imaginative use of a gif gets personal recognition by being given a virtual GDT chimpanzee with a bazooka.
Total
:monkey:

Individual poster with the most imaginative use of a gif gets personal recognition by being given a virtual GDT chimpanzee with a bazooka.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
@HanSolo dodging this thread like the plague for 1 day either side of this game? :laugh:

Anyway. Zegras has gotta get off the schneid eventually.
I'm going to be honest. A big thing driving the last six years of my fandom has been seeing if Vegas could come full circle and win a cup after falling just short in that first season. The big thing that made more than just a casual local supporter was what the team meant for the community after the shooting. So seeing if they could redeem that 2018 run and bring it full circle stayed compelling.

Now that they've done it and the Ducks look like they're starting to claw their way back to being competitive, I find myself watching VGK games out of habit but not over enthusiastically while I get excited for Ducks games.

So I think with Vegas actually achieving the ultimate goal and it leading to me feeling more ambivalent about the outcome of Knights games, it settles that the Ducks are still my main team.

I still consider myself a VGK fan too, as I don't want their streak to end, but I don't want Anaheim's streak to end either. For me the scales tip towards wanting a Ducks win tonight. The kids getting a boost to their confidence beating the reigning cup champions and the hottest team in the league is more valuable than the negligible benefit Vegas would get with a win.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm going to be honest. A big thing driving the last six years of my fandom has been seeing if Vegas could come full circle and win a cup after falling just short in that first season. The big thing that made more than just a casual local supporter was what the team meant for the community after the shooting. So seeing if they could redeem that 2018 run and bring it full circle stayed compelling.

Now that they've done it and the Ducks look like they're starting to claw their way back to being competitive, I find myself watching VGK games out of habit but not over enthusiastically while I get excited for Ducks games.

So I think with Vegas actually achieving the ultimate goal and it leading to me feeling more ambivalent about the outcome of Knights games, it settles that the Ducks are still my main team.

I still consider myself a VGK fan too, as I don't want their streak to end, but I don't want Anaheim's streak to end either. For me the scales tip towards wanting a Ducks win tonight. The kids getting a boost to their confidence beating the reigning cup champions and the hottest team in the league is more valuable than the negligible benefit Vegas would get with a win.

This is how I feel when the Ducks play the Rangers….

IMG_4526.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad